Almost Family Reviews

58 reviews filtered by
2.2
Almost Family Chairman and CEO William B. Yarmuth
William B. Yarmuth

Pros
  • There are absolutely no pros for employees or clients of this company (in 4 reviews)

• The workload/paperwork is antiquated (no computers or EMR) for field staff (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises have been given in several years to any field staff or lower managment (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management is unsupportive of middle management (in 5 reviews)

1. Housekeeping bath Cooking Cleaning dusting

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Akron, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Akron, OH (US)

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hands on with Clients Love being around People

Cons

Listening too There Problems I am there too do my job

Advice to Management

Love my job Its the best

2. Good experience.

Current Employee - Therapist in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Therapist in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Almost Family full-time

Pros

There is a good amount of Flexibility
    Pay
    The patients
    Paid mileage

Cons

Paperwork
    Poor communication within management.

Advice to Management

Educate management on better communication techniques on how to handle any type of conflict.

3. OK

Current Employee - Pcm in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Pcm in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are the best ever

Cons

Dishonesty from management needs to be currected

Advice to Management

Tell the truth outright

Field RN F/T for 6 years.....can be the best job you ever had or your worst nightmare.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse Case Management Field Staff
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse Case Management Field Staff

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexable hours, one on one patient care, wide variety of patient care. Ability to be autonomous. They do truley care about their patient outcome.

Cons

Pay is based per visit, so once your done with the visit, your done getting paid, so all that other work that is required after you leave thay patients house is uncompensated. A few examples: updates to physicians if requested, faxing and phone calls to family, pharmacy, physicians, reporting to co workers, writting verbal orders that are rediculously long (its more of an sbar report), dropping off paper work, office discharges, making schedules, reviewing plan of care for case management, anytime you need to go in the office, picking up supplies, drive time (they pay mileage, covers gas and wear and tear on vehicle only). I often feel as though I'm working off the clock. The pay is good but you are constantly working, I frequently have to work on my paperwork on days off. Upper management is blind to the amount of work that goes into one visit and can be condescending, unappreciative, single-minded & merciless. If you are not able to stand up for yourself then you will get taken advantage of, and stressed out. THE WORST PART IS THE ON CALL..ITS HORRIBLE! Just know that if your job requires you to be on call for the weekends after you work monday through friday, you most likely will be working 12 straight days. If you had a really bad weekend you might get 1/2 day off the next week if you beg. On call pay for the day is very low! Just an FYI watch your paycheck, otherwise you won't get paid what they owe you. I'm always getting paid the next pay period for something they messed up. Last but not least.....your rate I'd your rate, no such thing as over time even if you work 80 hours.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your staff, take a look at all the extra work we do and pay us for it..increase the per visit rate or decrease the quota. You need to have on call policies that includes that the office nurses take call (why are they better than us field nusres).... an example, if I do call every 4th weekend and rotate with three other nurses that means that I have 4 days off a month. I love what I do and the area I cover and that is why I am still with the company, I just don't know how much longer I can do it.

Disappointed in management.

Former Employee - Case Coordinator
    Former Employee - Case Coordinator

I worked at Almost Family

Pros

Yes, it was a job with very fair benefits. I really want to believe that corporate does care about the staff and patients. In my experience they seem to.

Cons

The pay was ridiculously low for the amount of work I was expected to do and for the location I worked/lived in. In my experience, I felt I did not have the support from my direct manager or the regional manager. That makes all the difference! It was the negative dynamics within the office I worked out of. Had the feeling people were really out for themselves only. My direct manager was only I intetested in "the numbers". Too bad because in the end it can affect the service.

Advice to Management

Corporate: Keep an eye on how much support the office staff and field staff get from their direct and regional managers on all locations. I believe you care!

7. Staffing service

I worked at Almost Family

Pros

helping others, several cases to choose from

Cons

schedule changes, sometimes at the last minute

Advice to Management

screening process of future candidates could improve

8. don't join this company-- RUN

I have been working at Almost Family

Pros

account executives are pretty good

Cons

training terrible, expectations absurd, Suncrest side is ugly. RPVs blame others- have no clue how to develop business. behind the scenes service failures are a regular occurrence in some areas and referrals suffer but RVP just blames others. At all costs they will make themselves look good. All costs.

Advice to Management

wake up- some of the RVPs don't have a clue how to manage people. Poison! for your business.

9. Good Experience in Sales of Home Health

Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Almost Family

Pros

Excellence in sales training, with course schedules, meeting with representatives in location, and ride along and mentorships.

Cons

More miles than I would usually drive working 2 counties. work-life balance late on schedule but good compensation.

10. Overall enjoyed my time at the company

Former Employee - Sales Rem
    Former Employee - Sales Rem

I worked at Almost Family full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My manager was great and the support staff I had made my job enjoyable. If you are out there promising things to customers that you cant deliver on you wont make it. Fortunately for me I had a team behind me who could

Cons

over the years, there was change in management. management should sometimes stick to whats working.

Advice to Management

make your sales meetings informational, helpful and fun...they really started declining over the years and made us feel underappreciated, and bored.

Careful working here

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent clinicians who really care about the patients

Cons

The favoritism is rampant. If you are new coming in you are not treated like the core group who have been there for years.

Advice to Management

Don't hire new people if you have no interest in working w/ them.