Amazon.com

3.3 3,256 reviews

Amazon.com Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos

Jeff Bezos

(2,273 ratings)

Pros
  • You will learn a lot while working at Amazon that will be useful for the rest of your career(in 98 reviews)

• Density of talent: Some really smart people spoiling their careers here(in 302 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is not at all sorry to screw people's work-life balance for itself to excel(in 535 reviews)

• There is literally no work life balance inside this company(in 123 reviews)

3,256 Employee Reviews

management changes too often ;not always creating positive culture

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) Peterborough, England

Prospromising,secure job,business trips, a huge variety of jobs.

ConsNo bonuses for level 1 associates,management changes too often.

Advice to Senior ManagementThreat all associates respectively and equally despite role within organization

amazon

Prosemployee focused, creative environment and fun

Conslow pay, demandincg works chedule

Overall good experience in the office environment, good interactions but not so good progress opportunities available.

Risk (Former Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

ProsGood working culture, lot's of smart people, good office parties.

ConsLittle or no career progression and development available.

Advice to Senior ManagementShape up career progression and salaries for lower level staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have worked just over a year at Amazon now in Customer Service and I feel that you are just a robot.

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe Shares and benefits you get are good if you stay 2 years and looks good on your CV. Nice to deal with customers and help them.

ConsI do not know many people who have managed to stay the 2 years at Amazon. It is a stress factory and you are not allowed to think for yourself it seems. Have to get authorisation for too many things. Supposed to be a place where the customer comes first - what about the employees I ask!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe good to your people and not treat them like they are well beneath you. For people to be productive they have to be happy. Without good employees which you do have already, you won't have a reputable organisation. I believe people are key to a business. You have to learn to appreciate them and treat them like people.

FBA Team: Unprofessional, unethical and horrible place to work, very high staff turn over due to management

FBA: Partner Buyer Manager (Basically Sales Executive ) (Former Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

ProsThe name looks good on your CV

ConsAll about number and data, management care nothing about their employees or their welfare. You are just a number and worked to the bone, HR will do nothing for you but show you the door when you slightly slip. No compassion given for personal circumstances i.e death I family, health. False promise of career progression in all merchant services, I worked for both FBA and M@

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees and stop the false care free 'tech creative' atmosphere, stop managing staff my fear.

Customer obsessed but no interest in its own employees! Shockingly political

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

ProsGood brand for your CV

ConsVery political , you will get one if you are friends with the right people.
    People are stretched to the maximum and pushed to the limit. Often employees are off with migraines , stress and no one really cares about their well-being. The HR department is set up to mainly serve the leaders and not the people. Very arrogant leaders who do not care about employees but only obsess over data and numbers. Everything is done to serve the external customers and nothing is done for the hard working people. You are expected to work day and night, no work life balance and no recognition. Poor management style, this cannot be sustained. People come and go because they hate working in such an environment.

Merchant services/Webstore department has no opportunity for progression.

Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

ProsAmazon brand on your resume.

ConsThere is no opportunity for progression within Merchant services. Management is not keen to see their team members to progress. No salary increments. No bonus. Share allocation taxed at US rate of 50%.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your people - more training, salary increments, opportunities for advancements.

Clever people, sociable hours, great pay

Account Executive (Current Employee) London, England

Pros- Clever people
    - Sociable hours
    - Great pay
    - Great location (central London)

Cons- Over worked
    - Not enough support from management

Great company but work-life balance needs to be seriously looked at

Cs MANAGER (Former Employee) Edinburgh, Scotland

ProsGet to work with some real smart and focused people that you can learn from. Great opportunity if you work hard. Opportunity to travel if you work hard and are in a role where travel may be needed. Proud to work for such an innovative company.

ConsToo political and management play favourites. If you are "in" with the "in crowd" then you will be looked after. Senior management don't know what is happening in the front line, they think they do but are too far away from what people think. Year over year AIS and/or Pulse survey bring up the same failings but work done to fix issues is never fully implemented, this becomes frustrating and demoralising. Lack of or insufficient training in all roles I was invovled in.

Advice to Senior ManagementReach out to the leads and managers if you are looking to improve the CSA experience, engage them fully throughout processes and any change. Communicate everything better and be more transparent. Do not tolerate favouritism and cliques.

Associate Vendor Manager

Associate Vendor Manager (Former Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

ProsExposure to variety of different vendors and industry practices

ConsAdmin role, very manual and repetitive.
    Lots of focus on metrics
    Not buying role.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!