Amazon.com Reviews

3,564 Reviews

Amazon.com Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos
2,480 Ratings

Pros
  • Good opportunity to learn a lot in a particular area of software development (in 101 reviews)

• Density of talent: Some really smart people spoiling their careers here (in 306 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is not at all sorry to screw people's work-life balance for itself to excel (in 540 reviews)

• There is literally no work life balance inside this company (in 125 reviews)

More Highlights

management changes too often ;not always creating positive culture

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Peterborough, England
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Peterborough, England

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

promising,secure job,business trips, a huge variety of jobs.

Cons

No bonuses for level 1 associates,management changes too often.

Threat all associates respectively and equally despite role within organization

I have worked just over a year at Amazon now in Customer Service and I feel that you are just a robot.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Amazon.com part-time for more than a year

Pros

The Shares and benefits you get are good if you stay 2 years and looks good on your CV. Nice to deal with customers and help them.

Cons

I do not know many people who have managed to stay the 2 years at Amazon. It is a stress factory and you are not allowed to think for yourself it seems. Have to get authorisation for too many things. Supposed to be a place where the customer comes first - what about the employees I ask!!!

Be good to your people and not treat them like they are well beneath you. For people to be productive they have to be happy. Without good employees which you do have already, you won't have a reputable organisation. I believe people are key to a business. You have to learn to appreciate them and treat them like people.

Overall good experience in the office environment, good interactions but not so good progress opportunities available.

Former Employee - Risk  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England
    Former Employee - Risk in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good working culture, lot's of smart people, good office parties.

Cons

Little or no career progression and development available.

Shape up career progression and salaries for lower level staff.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer obsessed but no interest in its own employees! Shockingly political

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good brand for your CV

Cons

Very political , you will get one if you are friends with the right people.
    People are stretched to the maximum and pushed to the limit. Often employees are off with migraines , stress and no one really cares about their well-being. The HR department is set up to mainly serve the leaders and not the people. Very arrogant leaders who do not care about employees but only obsess over data and numbers. Everything is done to serve the external customers and nothing is done for the hard working people. You are expected to work day and night, no work life balance and no recognition. Poor management style, this cannot be sustained. People come and go because they hate working in such an environment.

FBA Team: Unprofessional, unethical and horrible place to work, very high staff turn over due to management

Former Employee - FBA: Partner Buyer Manager (Basically Sales Executive )  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England
    Former Employee - FBA: Partner Buyer Manager (Basically Sales Executive ) in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

The name looks good on your CV

Cons

All about number and data, management care nothing about their employees or their welfare. You are just a number and worked to the bone, HR will do nothing for you but show you the door when you slightly slip. No compassion given for personal circumstances i.e death I family, health. False promise of career progression in all merchant services, I worked for both FBA and M@

Care about your employees and stop the false care free 'tech creative' atmosphere, stop managing staff my fear.

Clever people, sociable hours, great pay

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Clever people
    - Sociable hours
    - Great pay
    - Great location (central London)

Cons

- Over worked
    - Not enough support from management

Merchant services/Webstore department has no opportunity for progression.

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England
    Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazon brand on your resume.

Cons

There is no opportunity for progression within Merchant services. Management is not keen to see their team members to progress. No salary increments. No bonus. Share allocation taxed at US rate of 50%.

Invest more in your people - more training, salary increments, opportunities for advancements.

Great company but work-life balance needs to be seriously looked at

Former Employee - Cs MANAGER  in  Edinburgh, Scotland
    Former Employee - Cs MANAGER in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Get to work with some real smart and focused people that you can learn from. Great opportunity if you work hard. Opportunity to travel if you work hard and are in a role where travel may be needed. Proud to work for such an innovative company.

Cons

Too political and management play favourites. If you are "in" with the "in crowd" then you will be looked after. Senior management don't know what is happening in the front line, they think they do but are too far away from what people think. Year over year AIS and/or Pulse survey bring up the same failings but work done to fix issues is never fully implemented, this becomes frustrating and demoralising. Lack of or insufficient training in all roles I was invovled in.

Reach out to the leads and managers if you are looking to improve the CSA experience, engage them fully throughout processes and any change. Communicate everything better and be more transparent. Do not tolerate favouritism and cliques.

Great being a customer, terrible being an employee

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager  in  Milton Keynes, England
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Milton Keynes, England

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Minimal, Good brand on your CV.

Cons

Expectation to work all hours of the day - way beyond the norm of reasonable. People were expected to work evenings, weekends, whilst on holidays etc. I also agree with another review that mentioned about the rapid growth - whilst existing employees were expected to suck up the double or triple workload this created.
    I understand the values - but they took frugality to another level. I have never worked anywhere quite so shabby, it made me depressed walking into the office every day.

Follow your own advice - you claim to be customer centric - what about thinking about the employees in that every now and then?

Good Company - Production Operative

Former Employee - Production Operative
    Former Employee - Production Operative

I worked at Amazon.com as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Can contribute in ways that will effect business procedure.
    Constant Feedback
    Willing to teach you the processes
    Good permanent staff

Cons

No flexible hours, the temping culture lowers moral and creates an us and them culture at times
    Ideas are sometimes overlooked because of the procedure that takes place and your status on the hierarchy.
    Lack of switching process can lead to a boring environment and short sighted view on some processes, this is being combated however.

Have more flexible hours to suit more lifestyles,

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!