Amdocs

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.3 1,008 reviews

Amdocs President, CEO, and Director Eli Gelman

Eli Gelman

Pros
  • Work-life balance can easily be maintained in a company like Amdocs(in 63 reviews)

• The work culture here is awesome, I never felt any type of pressure(in 94 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance; employees are encouraged to work many extra hours and weekends(in 137 reviews)

• Management seems proud that there is no work life balance(in 37 reviews)

1,008 Employee Reviews

Overall good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEnjoyed innovations, rewarded well. Higher management appreciative and opportunities do exist to progress.

ConsRecent focus on training was well over due. Slightly difficult to retain depth of knowledge due to unrealistic expectations and too much non-technical processes to keep up with.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch out for negativity which leads to low moral - people work to the best of their abilities when motivated, even if the job is stressful. Employees should choose to work in Amdocs because there is no where else they'd rather be. Sincere and talented people are assets and should never feel trapped.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Very aggressive organisation

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Reading, England

ProsExtremely good benefits in terms of medical

ConsCliques, very Israeli centric - a lot of good people say that they don't expect development opportunities because they are not Israeli. Above market pay but the shine of that wears off when you realize that they "own" you and will suck the life out of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour management culture will only get you so far.

Bureaucracy Gone Mad

Services (Current Employee) London, England

ProsThe company is very strong financially so therefore able to weather downturns and inject cash when needed.

ConsLittle career growth for those who would like to remain technical.
    Highly bureaucratic so getting anything achieved has to pass through many layers of management.
    Little empowerment with any decision having to pass through those above you.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower and trust people to make decisions and therefore work in an agile manner
    Listen to what staff have to say. Some are experts in their field and their opinions are credible.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Satisfied

Test Manager (Current Employee) Newbury, England

ProsVery Satisfied with work life Balance and quality of work

ConsNothing i cna think of

Advice to Senior ManagementVery Satisfied

Avoid Like the Plague

Senior Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) London, England

ProsI honestly cant think of any

ConsCompany has a hard working culture just don't expect overtime or standby payments for all your hard work. The yearly bonus is derisory and apparently arbitrarily allotted.
    You won't get any thanks, or training, or career progression or indeed any interest in your well being; work/life balance is non existent.
    Management style is, stereotypically, about what you'd expect for an Israeli company and largely involves being shouted at.
    Staff scuttlebutt has is that you need to be Jewish to get on at Amdocs; sadly this really does appear to be true.
    You'll be working on an outdated, proprietary software stack so even if you can convince someone to teach it too you (harder than it sounds), then it's absolutely no use anywhere but Amdocs.
    Based on previous examples redundancy is going to be statutory minimum so it's not worth waiting for that either.
    I'd have rated them lower than 1 if this site allowed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps try treating the goy as human beings?

Overall a good company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsShort term frequent Onsite travel to Israel, US and other locations.

ConsManagement... Favoritism and politics exist on a large scale.

Boring uninspiring place to work!

Director (Current Employee) London, England

ProsVery little but some of the people are okay

ConsAmdocs is a boring uninspiring place to work that takes management of paralysis by analysis to a new level. Innovation is non existent and it's difficult to get anyone to make a decision on anything. Everyone is an expert on everything and are quick to give their oppinion but never contribute when any real work needs to be done..

Advice to Senior ManagementNone!

One word: Kafakesque

ProsThey pay money. I like money. Since I've been there a long time it's fairly comfortable.. they do all the usual benefits, and some managers make an effort to try and keep people happy.

ConsThere seems to be a biannual rotation of senior managers who don't seem bothered with what the division does. Actually getting new development approved is near impossible unless a customer has already signed up money for it, so you are always behind the curve. Cost cutting on things like hardware is just insane. There is a management emphasis on working weekends even when there is no work to do, it just seems like a reflex. There is zero sense of direction or development, there is no desire to be the best or take on competitors from the management, presumably because these things are not in their control.

Promotions are slightly less frequent than blue moons.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop acting like cowards and show some actual vision.,

Management run Amok

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Bath, England

ProsBasic salary is fine.
    Conservative financial management with large cash reserves, means company doesn't have to be reactionary to minor blips and issues.

ConsHorrifically bureaucratic with process out-weighing function in every aspect.
    Technical ability/innovation completely unvalued both for the people with it and those trying to gain it.
    Very Israeli-centric
    No respect for work-life balance. I accept that occasionally in IT there will be 'crunch' times, but this is ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdentify the core people that produce things that customers actually pay you for.
    Shed 2/3 of the rest of the company. If you're in doubt as to what to retain, ask the people actually delivering what support they need and retain those that give it or try to. You're currently paying people to hinder them and just letting the excellent people resign and walk away. Basically you might have noticed top->down isn't working, so how about trying it the other way.

When things go wrong, dive right down to the bottom to understand why and fix the issues (or not, it's your company). Please, don't just shuffle interchangeable managers/departments around every year and wonder why nothing improves. It's insulting to me and makes you look foolish to us.

Hard work!

Consulting Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsFreedom to do whatever you want. Can take on any role. Good exposure to Telecoms. Challenging environment with opportunity to learn on the job

ConsDon't expect any reward even when you bring in new business! Too many divisions. Hard work but need to be self motivated to survive. Don't expect any in house training!

Advice to Senior ManagementThink globally

Worked for Amdocs? Contribute to the Community!