Apple

4,080 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,256 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 246 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 215 reviews)

Cons
  • Time off needs to be requested well in advance making work/life balance a challenge (in 252 reviews)

• Work can be very demanding with long hours depending on the group you are in (in 151 reviews)

More Highlights

Over four years, amazing company. Still retail, hard work.

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Great people. Amazing culture, intense work on retail.

Cons

Hard to grow your career inside the company.

Great environment over all, will push you outside of your comfort zone and worth the benefits

Former Employee - Apple Solutions Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Apple Solutions Consultant in London, England

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are excellent at celebrating success when achieved. Training is always on, you will learn a lot. A lot of support available.

Cons

There is no hiding in the shadows! Standards are extremely high you will get pushed to achieve them

I saw some really talented people leave because they were to shy. Some training so self professional development would an excellent addition to the training.

A an exciting company with great people and products, counter-balanced with a lack of autonomy

Former Employee - Business Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Business Manager in London, England

I worked at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people who are motivated and proud to work for the company and believe in the vision
    Great products

Cons

Lack of autonomy created by over-conformist behavioural culture and too much centralised control

Try to build a team, structure and approach now which prepares the company for more competitive times, and helps you stay ahead. This means loosening the reigns a little on behavioural conformity, the cultural belief that tenured staff always know best, and the centralised control - to allow you to fully use the skills of the people you have got, and importantly allow newer people with fresh outlooks and valuable external experience to influence and contribute more.

Specialist: great job if you don't mind people

Former Employee - Specialist
    Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent work environment and a strong company culture. Store leadership was good and flexible with working hours when I worked part time.

Cons

Can get monotonous at times, and salary is less than I would have thought for the work you put in. I didnt see much opportunity to move into corporate.

Give feedback to employees more frequently, and share updates about how the store is doing more frequently.

Great

Former Employee - Intern in London, England
    Former Employee - Intern in London, England

I worked at Apple as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

opportunity to learn from best

Cons

should really pay a better salary

pay better

Fantastic firm to work for if you are interested in pursuing a career retail.

Current Employee - Specialist in Sheffield, England
    Current Employee - Specialist in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Apple part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very supportive work environment, with help on hand at all times. The company's commitment to integrity and putting the customer first is very refreshing.

Cons

Due to large numbers of staff working in-store, it may be challenging for employees seeking a quick and easy journey up the corporate ladder.

It's good for a retail job!

Former Employee - Specialist/Expert in Liverpool, England
    Former Employee - Specialist/Expert in Liverpool, England

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great peers, good pay for retail, initial training is in-depth and excellent. They are good at hiring fun, social people. It's easy to make close friends and that makes coming to work a lot more fun. Discounts are pretty good.
    At the end of the day, for a retail job, it's great, but people shouldn't come into it expecting that they are going to go from a Specialist to the marketing team or something like that.

Cons

It's very competitive if you're looking to get out of retail and do something more organisational, and some of the management can be.....frustrating. Many are unwilling to get out on the floor and actually help customers which, when it's busy and everyone is in the same color shirt can give a confusing message to customers. Additionally, they usually play favorites for promotions and "career experiences" so if the impression you make is negative in the first couple of weeks, it's going to take you a LONG time to get around that.

Stop hiring managers who are unwilling to go out on the floor and help when it's busy or who are unwilling to even learn about what it exactly is that the specialists, FRS, etc do. The best managers I had at Apple were ones who had either started as specialists, or were willing to spend at least a couple of days as a specialist to get a real understanding of what it was they were coaching. If you aren't willing to understand the tasks, you're not going to be very good at coaching those tasks and the specialists are not taking you seriously (I promise you they are talking about you in the break room and how you don't know what you're talking about). On that note: the retail training department needs to send their program designers out into the store so they have more "real life" experiences to draw from for future trainings.

Ok at first

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great talent and always at the forfront of technology

Cons

To get on your face has to fit. No chance of movement.

Ok at first but just stupid retail as usual

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Apple

Pros

Better pay per hour. Learned how to get along with others

Cons

Little hours when part time unless a launch. Work you like a horse with no real room for growth as they always hire people from elsewhere for jobs above specialists. Take forever to make someone full time.

Don't play favorite. Give people what they deserve because of their record and work ethic. I worked for this company for close to two years. Relocated and was placed in a first level interview and didn't receive my job back. This was after less than a year break after moving internationally, getting married and applying for work visa. It's a shame I couldn't keep my job once in Plymouth, UK. I think it was discriminatory behaviour and Apple didn't do anything about it. I had great promoter scores and also a successful interview. This store was a joke with managers that had less experience with apple than I did!

Exciting and fun

Current Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in London, England
    Current Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Experience good look on CV

Cons

No progression, stagnant and tend to get bored

Be more realistic