Apple

3.9 3,536 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,874 ratings)

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights
3,536 Employee Reviews

Good fun, not long term

Specialist (Former Employee) Sheffield, England

ProsWorking in the retail stores is fast paced. You'll barely get a chance to breath and you'll learn a lot about yourself. Some of the career experiences are fantastic and you'll get exposure to lots of information and learn a lot about different areas of retail, training, B2B etc.

ConsThe expectations. There are no bonuses, be it pay or real recognition, but the work you're expected to do is of the highest calibre. The hours are unforgiving and the stress of certain days are not for the light hearted.
    Progression is difficult depending on what route you're looking at. Forget corporate.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook inside to hire

Hard to get the job..

Business Specialist (Current Employee) London, England

ProsVery high skilled inter personal people. The stores and offices are one of the best. Always keeping up people, who are well talented in their field.

ConsUpdate notifications would be great in order to make future plans as being a prospected candidate. Sometimes, work/life balance was getting over and over.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe hiring progress takes such an huge time without giving any notification for candidates

You know where you work with it's ups and downs

Business Sales (Current Employee) London, England

Pros- Leading "New Technology" company; just a great place to be at that time
    - Company philosophy and commitment
    - Flat organisation
    - Work place

Cons- Siloed organisation
    - Low personal development support
    - Lack of commitment outside of the consumer area
    - Budget constraints

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the politic, support staff initiatives and improve personal development

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent company to work for, though there is sales pressure without compensation.

Specialist (Former Employee) Glasgow, Scotland

ProsGreat colleagues, okay development, good training in competencies and personal development. Best possible discount on Apple products (still not that much). Best part is colleagues.

ConsWorst part is the pressure to add attachments to sales, though there is no compensation for this and it sometimes feels like they want you to push attachments on customers even if it isn't the right fit for the customer.

All in all a draining, demoralizing and frustrating job.

Mac Genius (Current Employee)

ProsWork with great educated people.

ConsThe management are a complete contradiction to what apple retail is all about. There is no real progression.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management need to learn to be honest and cut the corporate chat.

Friendly and modern environment

Demand Forecasting (Former Employee) London, England

ProsApple is filled with people who strive to succeed and people that are always there to help. The office is extremely modern with an iPad controlled coffee machine. The discounts on the Apple products and benefits are extremely good.

ConsProgression within Apple is almost impossible. No matter how much time and effort you put into your work and how talented you are its almost impossible to climb up the ladder in Apple. Numerous people have left for this reason. You have to sign a 3 month termination contract so if you are looking for a job whilst at Apple you will most probably have to give in your resignation before you can start looking for a job unless the company hiring you is willing to wait 3 months!

Advice to Senior ManagementApple in London have almost no options for personal development. I was given numerous projects to manage but was unable to find a project management course available to me. With project management a leadership program would have been great as I would be in charge of leading teams however only managers and senior managers were invited to attend this program that runs once in a couple of years.

Good, then bad, getting good again

ProsRewarding, good pay considering the sector, great discount, meet some absolutely amazing people.

ConsInternal hierarchic nature or long serving staff, new management sometimes don't 'get it'.

I left as it was so terrible

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Current Employee)

Prosnone what so ever your a cog in a money making scheme with no chance of promotion, benefits, or anything i can think off

ConsI worked for apple for some time, i could not recommend it to anyone, everyone works on a 16 hour contract so they can stop you from getting a pay rise or holidays or health cover, would end up going in for 2 hour shifts loosing money due to travel costs, and its like a brain washing machine, how can someone advise you on tech products when all the other staff use is an iphones, i use mac windows android you name it, i think it makes no sense to say you can only use one or the other ? Also the managers are not tech trained and could not organize a shift pattern if they tried, apple is like a religion for some, they do try and brain wash you its sad because some people just cant see it happening to them its like hitler youth? plus the wage is terrible imagine working all hours screaming customers, massive ques of people all for minimum wage ? if i had to choose between mcdonalds and apple id pick mcdonalds.

Advice to Senior Managementleave

Glad to have been a part of it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReal sense of achievement. Having been there a long time, seeing it grow from niche to global player was truly special

ConsSalary and benefits outside of the US not that competitive, especially for long serving non-sales staff.

Great staff but no respect for personal time

Specialist (Former Employee) Southampton, England

ProsThe team you work with are a great, talented bunch if people. There is always a buzz and you're never bored.

ConsThe needs of the business are always far more important than your needs as a human. There is no respect for your personal time and the scheduling is an over complicated mess. There is too much"micro-managing". There seems to be a lack of opportunity for career progression unless you're willing to live out of a managers pocket.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognise people for who they are and what they can do, and stop favouriting people because they're talking the right talk to you. Respect your staff as real people and be willing to make changes for them.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!