AppleOne

AppleOne Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd

Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different(in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off(in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another(in 5 reviews)

Appleone

Prosget jobs fairly quick and staff tries hard to get you positions

Consthey don't always have positions in the field you want

Advice to Senior Managementbetter structure of balancing workload to employees no favorites

I enjoyed working for them.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Memphis, TN (US)

ProsThe representatives are great at keeping in touch with their clients.

ConsThere were no challenges so far.

Appleone is one of the Best Staffing Agencies I have ever worked for!!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Schiller Park, IL (US)

ProsI really appreciate the efficiency and quick turn around time they provide to their employees, along with professionalism. Good upbeat people!!

ConsOne of my challenges was the commute on public transportation to assignments. But that was up to me to advise them of where I could commute, and soon they provided me with assignments that I could get to easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and personal touch you have with your employees. They feel that you really care when you come to an assignment just to meet them and see if their happy and comfortable at their assignment.

AppleOne Marketing Manager responded to this review

Jun 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a Glassdoor review for us. We're glad you enjoyed our personal touch and efficiency!
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Family owners run a tight ship and seem genuinely interested in people who want to grow with the company.

ProsVery driven, professional staff are encouraged to find solutions, to listen to candidates and to provide fast, high-earning career options. Lots of opportunities for growth among the Branch team. One unique feature is the availability of customized marketing tools - a rarity in this business - and a 5•50 guarantee backing the quality of candidates you place. If you have a passion for helping people reach new heights in their work life, check out AppleOne.

ConsThe only down-side is the time you find yourself spending making things happen. Since there is no cap to what you earn, it's easy to spend a lot of time pursuing your goals. What's different compared to other shops is 50 years of experience behind you. Managers are expert at pointing you to solid leads and helping you maximize both earnings and client satisfaction.

Awesome opportunity with an awesome company, Corelogic Credco.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) San Dimas, CA (US)

ProsI received a job assignment within two days of interviewing with AppleOne.
    Providing me an opportunity to work with Corelogic Credco for 2 years.

ConsNot much communication with employment agents.

It's ok if you don't mind being places in temporary positions

Temporary (Former Employee) Riverside, CA (US)

ProsGreat at starting entry level positions going off your strengths on what you can do

Consthey say that there might be a chance for a job to be full time but mostly the companies want a temporary workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the way how to do applications online

Michelle and the rest of the Charleston TEAM worked really hard to FIND Me a position that I mesh well with.

Retention Coordinator (Current Employee) Charleston, SC (US)

ProsI was reluctant about coming to this agency, but recruiting team did a great job of listening to me and my skill set. After being harassed and mistreated at my previous job, I came to AppleOne looking for other options for employment. I wanted to work where my excellent work ethics and extensive background could be utilized to the absolute fullest. Michelle nailed it in the first try getting me linked with my current position and I couldn't be anymore happier. She gave me a new outlook on the work world.

ConsThe perks to this placement is knowing that in 90 days I will be a permanent employee of a well known international company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management should have surveys put in applicant files so they can be completed and mailed to supervisors, to get a better understanding of how this agency works well with its supporting communities.

Area manager

ProsA family company that has a goal and a heart. Zero debit, privately held means a stable future. Average tenure is 20 years!! I love the past and the future of this organization

ConsThere is no cons. You have the freedom and support to be successful

The best company to work for!

Operations Associate (Current Employee) Cordova, TN (US)

ProsAppleOne offers to help any candidate, whether it be finding a position or, if it is a candidate with a background we don't specialize in, finding a resource that could help them move forward with their career search. I love working for this company because they guarantee great opportunities for professional growth and offer full support of promoting.

ConsUnfortunately, we can't place everyone and there aren't enough hours in the day to talk to all of the candidates.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps, we could try to offer more marketing material for candidates and not just clients.

A Great Company to work for!

Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsOwners are forward thinkers. Leadership from top down is honest and ethical. Stable company in business for over 50 years.

ConsFinding top sales in area.

Advice to Senior ManagementWish would receive yearly raises if office is profiting.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!