AppleOne

Updated 18 August 2014

3.6

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic Staff!

Pros

Michelle Cooper and Rachelle Hobus are really professional. They made the job search so simple. They really go to bat for the job seeker and do their best to pair them with the right company that fits their job requirements. I gave them a "wish" list and they filled it to the letter! I can't say enough good things about them.

Cons

There have been no "cons'.

Excellent Business- Great place to start a job search!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC (US)

Pros

Rachelle Hobus from the AppleOne location in Charleston, SC contacted me and immediately set up interviews with several local businesses hiring for positions that were relevant to my abilities and experience level. I am now happily employed with a stable local business called PeopLease. Without AppleOne, I never would have found this position, and I would likely still be on the hunt for a new full time job. I have already referred several job-seeking friends to AppleOne, and they have been as satisfied as I was.

Cons

At some point, AppleOne recruiters other than Rachelle stepped in and tried to set up interviews with businesses I was uninterested in.

Assign one recruiter to each client that is looking to be placed. I enjoyed working with Rachelle, but did not like being contacted by other recruiters.

Great Temp Agency

Former Employee - Data Entry  in  Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Pros

Within a week, they were offering me several positions, and within a month I had a temp to perm job for $13 hr with a great company who extended my contract.

Cons

The only con I had is I didn't know the job title until a week after I started, and then found out it was data entry. However, it turned out to be a lot more too, probably worked out for the best for me.

Keep up the great work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was placed as a temporary secretary at various locations.

Former Employee - Temporary Employee
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee

Pros

Great placement. Worked with me to place me at a location that was near my home. Great upper management! Made the employer feel thought of and not just a number.

Cons

One of the companies I worked for didn't follow the rules given to me and wasn't the best about it. But it worked out!

Good placement

Pros

I so do not remember enough to add here.

Cons

I have nothing to add here.

Very good learning experience.

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

Pros

Very good pay. Great hours. Great place to learn about the staffing industry.

Cons

Takes 6 months before you can start using vacation days or time off.
    For someone who had no true staffing experience, training was on a "need-to-know" basis.

Keep an active role in each office. Make training a central point.

Micromanagement / High Expectations = Low Reward

Former Employee - Do Not Want to Disclose At This Time
    Former Employee - Do Not Want to Disclose At This Time

Pros

It could be rewarding to develop your portfolio if you were given enough time to learn the job.

Cons

No opportunity to develop their employees. Very high turnaround due to multiple metrics / quotas that must be reached on a weekly basis in order to keep your job for another week. Additionally, multiple employers in this region are very inauspicious toward AppleOne aside from some major accounts. Many local accounts in which a new staffing consultants up to senior account executives are responsible for developing hang up on you as soon as you say the company's name.

You are scheduled for a full month's worth of training, but my office was so far behind that I had no opportunity to do proper training because the pressure was on to have 15-20 interviews per week, plus 25-50 connects, 10 send outs, and more.

If you meet your quotas for the week, you will not have to work on the weekend. If you don't, you better be ready for the next week (if you still have a job).

Great Work Experience!

Current Employee - Staffing Associate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Staffing Associate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros

Training, sales, marketing, and recruiting experience.

Cons

leadership not very strong, negative environment, no organization, office drama

Do things for the employees more often. We work extremely hard and do not see anything in return from upper management.

Pros

Appleone, seem to be looking for work for me, but i dont understand why other people are gettng jobs. So I registerd with a different agency. I got a job the next day! KIMCO in San bernardino, 3 minutes from them.

Cons

CON CON CON CON CON

Some one is not doing their job, and when i find out how to get a hold of someone in the corporate office.. I do want to make a comment on your job searching skill, very questionable to me. But I GOT A JOB NOW! THANKS KIMCO IN SAN BERNARDINO.

Appleone

Pros

get jobs fairly quick and staff tries hard to get you positions

Cons

they don't always have positions in the field you want

better structure of balancing workload to employees no favorites

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!