Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Arrow Electronics President, CEO, and Director Mike Long

Mike Long

Pros
  • Some management willing to work with the employees to find a work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Good compensation, independent work environment, challenging and satisfying work (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • I will not recommend this company to anyone I care about because there is nothing called work-life balance in Arrow (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management places no more value on their employees than they would a copy machine (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Positive

ProsLearning from professionals, complex business processes

ConsTraining is done on the go: learning by doing and it can be hard sometimes due to the complexity of the processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementPersonal growth and trainings need to be taken into consideration.

A business that is certainly people oriented.

Integration and VAS Manager (Current Employee) Birmingham, England

ProsProfessional and courteous nature means it's a positive place to work.

ConsCompany doesn't reward reward loyalty very well despite high performance..

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to the people at ground level who can deliver the success.

Lack of opportunity unless face fits

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Nottingham, England

ProsSome staff are pretty friendly. The company hasn't been doing bad financially, and is always optimistic, however even Arrow have not been immune to job cuts.

ConsSuch a lack of opportunity for progression, unless your face fits. Salaries are generally poor compared to similar roles in other companies. Job security is poor, many redundancies have been made over the last year, only to be replaced by cheaper staff. The company take the attitude that you are lucky to have a job, therefore they don't need to do anything to keep you happy. Management have little respect for employees. Cost cutting is also rife across the board, at all levels except director-level.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to relate with your employees. Without the staff, Arrow is nothing, however management do not seem to realise this and as a result many people are unhappy. Good management does not consist of pushing down one order after another, and treating staff like school children does not make for a happy workforce.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience, slow moving internally

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThe people are great to work with, everyone is willing to give career or business advice. Very conservative atmosphere keeps the workplace professional. Fast-paced industry provides a lot of different opportunities.

ConsExtremely slow moving with promotions, senior leadership has zero work-life balance but a lot of managers and directors fight for it for their teams. Very behind in technology for employees, investing in the wrong places - extremely externally focused with spending.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote work-life balance, invest in employees

Arrow, receiving

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, easy work, Mon-Fri.

ConsMandatory overtime, lots of it

Good place to start

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Englewood, CO (US)

ProsLots of advancement opportunities.
    Pay isn't bad
    People are all very nice to work with

ConsManagement is pretty jumbled.
    HQ is pretty dated
    Turnover for department is pretty high.

Good learning experience

ProsGreat learning atmosphere at the company

ConsFast moving requirements which could get you into pressure situations

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to include some fun events other than normal work

Good place to start

ProsAtmosphere, work life balance

ConsHuge company, job security is heavenly dependent on the economy.

Ok

ProsInnovation in certain segments of the corporation, aggressive global growth strategy

ConsLarge, global company with challenges in keeping employees cohesive in the goals of the broader corporation. Difficult to maintain work/life balance with tight schedules for multiple levels of review.

Warm

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Solon, OH (US)

ProsWarm and friendly atmosphere, good pay

ConsLay off almost constantly a feeling of no stability

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide what direction the company is going and stop so much inconsistency

Worked for Arrow Electronics? Contribute to the Community!