Arrow Electronics Reviews

Updated 27 August 2014

2.8

Arrow Electronics President, CEO, and Director Mike Long
Mike Long

Pros
  • Some management willing to work with the employees to find a work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Good compensation, independent work environment, challenging and satisfying work (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • I will not recommend this company to anyone I care about because there is nothing called work-life balance in Arrow (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management places no more value on their employees than they would a copy machine (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Positive

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time

Pros

Learning from professionals, complex business processes

Cons

Training is done on the go: learning by doing and it can be hard sometimes due to the complexity of the processes.

Personal growth and trainings need to be taken into consideration.

A business that is certainly people oriented.

Current Employee - Integration and VAS Manager  in  Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Integration and VAS Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Professional and courteous nature means it's a positive place to work.

Cons

Company doesn't reward reward loyalty very well despite high performance..

Listen more to the people at ground level who can deliver the success.

Lack of opportunity unless face fits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Arrow Electronics

Pros

Some staff are pretty friendly. The company hasn't been doing bad financially, and is always optimistic, however even Arrow have not been immune to job cuts.

Cons

Such a lack of opportunity for progression, unless your face fits. Salaries are generally poor compared to similar roles in other companies. Job security is poor, many redundancies have been made over the last year, only to be replaced by cheaper staff. The company take the attitude that you are lucky to have a job, therefore they don't need to do anything to keep you happy. Management have little respect for employees. Cost cutting is also rife across the board, at all levels except director-level.

Try to relate with your employees. Without the staff, Arrow is nothing, however management do not seem to realise this and as a result many people are unhappy. Good management does not consist of pushing down one order after another, and treating staff like school children does not make for a happy workforce.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Arrow Electronics as an intern for less than a year

Pros

This place makes you feel at home. They really do have a family like atmosphere.

Cons

There are not many cons working at Arrow Electronics. Maybe that there are so many smaller companies within Arrow which makes it confusing to understand at first.

Great experience into Corporate America coming out of college

Current Employee - Human Resources Systems Analyst  in  Melville, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Systems Analyst in Melville, NY (US)

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Process oriented, well organized company, providing career growth opportunities. Everyone I worked with has been friendly and collaborative, not too much politics involved. If you have the ambition to press forward and take on more projects even if they fall out of your JD, more power to you!

Cons

Depending on the team, hours can get crazy, work-life balance isnt exactly ideal. Again, there are certain teams that work very well together and the workload is spread. Within certain departments, there are cycles when weekends may need to be sacrificed in order for operations to continue steadily.

Make sure to align well with senior leadership

Very rewarding experience that helped develop my career

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent benefits and flexible work schedule, allowing to work from home during adverse weather conditions.
    The people are some of the best professionals that I have ever worked with

Cons

Outsourcing has lead to many talented people being reorganized out of the organization

We have a great group of experienced employees. Please continue to find new ways yo keep them motivated and leverage their experience to take Arrow Electronics to the next level.

Arrow Electronics summer internship program offers challenges and invaluable experience.

Current Employee - Social Media Intern  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Social Media Intern in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at Arrow Electronics as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I benefitted most from the networking opportunities and hands-on experience I received. The people at Arrow are some of the nicest I've ever met and they genuinely care for one another. The internship program is very structured but still allows you to exercise freedom in your work. I got especially lucky with the team I worked with, which I think is what really made this internship such a good experience. Definitely a great place to intern!

Cons

The required intern group projects were pretty time consuming and got in the way of every day work. We were all happy to present our projects and be done with them. Communication within the company also seems to be somewhat lacking, but they are such a large company that this is to be expected.

Very satisfactory job with constant movement within ones daily duties.

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful work life balance. Managers are friendly and overall easy to work with. Atmosphere at work is comfortable and generally stress-free.

Cons

Very little movement up the corporate ladder. Unless you transfer departments you will most likely stay within $2k to $5k of your current salary range.

Create more opportunities for communication between the sales teams and the corporate product managers.

Inside Sales Representative, responsible to managing existing accounts, and developing new ones. B2B sales.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, benefits, vacation time, excellent support from managers & co-workers, fairly positive work atmosphere, not very stressful and almost no new business prospecting needed to succeed.

Cons

Not much room for advancement within the Halifax office, and not much in regard to pay increases, can get stuck with a bad territory, and can get caught up in a lot of bad morale with the office.

Pay increases, and make communication between entry level workers and the higher-ups in the corporate office available.

Decent Summer Internship

Former Employee - Business Management Intern
    Former Employee - Business Management Intern

I worked at Arrow Electronics as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an intern they fly you out to Denver and the pay is decent. When I interned it was $15 an hour. As an intern the schedule was a lot more flexible as well. The training was decent. The best part by far was being able to travel to Denver to meet other interns, but I like traveling.

Cons

My boss was the mirror image of Michael from the Office and did not know how to run a team sufficiently.I just did mainly data entry and it was a monotanous and boring task. No one on my team really respected our boss and honestly we thought corporate did not either. He would tell us TMI and weird us out a lot.

Screen managers better before promoting or hiring them.

Worked for Arrow Electronics? Contribute to the Community!