Ascension Health Ministry Service Center
www.msc.ascensionhealth.org Indianapolis, IN 150 to 499 Employees

Ascension Health Ministry Service Center Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2014

So so at best. We need to be better staffed

Contact Center Associate (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Ascension Health Ministry Service Center full-time for less than a year

ProsWe have a good benefit options, the ability to work from home and upward mobility.

ConsWorking in the contact center. Too micro managed. If you have a problem, goes unresolved

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more and take a plan of action with feedback given.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Potential for a Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Ascension Health Ministry Service Center full-time for less than a year

ProsGood benefits. A clean, secure and modernized facility. Free K-Cups coffee & soda fountain drinks on all floors. Good introductory training. Up-to-date laptops; the chance to partake in a "Work From Home" program (mobility) for certain departments.

ConsThe open-style tables and environment contradict the individual work load, and where daily conversations interfere with focus. The style of work (tickets generated) would suit cubicles and people who want to work privately. Often, the team concept of open tables does not bode well for various personalities. Managers micromanage daily time and production reports, even if you are performing well. This strict concentration on performance revolves around software that has holes in it, and honestly, quite unnecessary. Granted, understandable production needs to be assessed, but not to the degree they are wanting. You get the impression that you go to work only to monitor your own work and not the work itself, find yourself going over your time and production instead of doing actual work.

What else? Noticeable lag on the server side while working certain functions in tickets. There would be up to 10 minutes of lag time. Very frustrating. No snow or sick days. Can only use PTO or an unexcused absent. 3 unexcused absent times can involve being written up or termination.

Some of the staff in various departments were not as friendly or outgoing as you might think, which is unfortunate in that kind of atmosphere (open enviro).

Starting pay is relatively low.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the server side; lag time was awful. Be more involved with your staff, praise them when they do something good instead of focusing only on the clock/production numbers that correlate to the mechanics of typing and entering data. Vary the degree of workload.

Opportunities Abound

Training Coordinator (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Ascension Health Ministry Service Center full-time for more than a year

ProsGrowth opportunity, Core Values, Employees

ConsRapid growth could become unmanageable

Not a place that prides themselves on quality and honesty.

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Ascension Health Ministry Service Center full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStability as it is a strategic initiative of the larger Ascension Health System. It was renovated in 2011 and they provide free fountain soft drinks and a range of coffee. The setup is well done with dual monitors and a laptop docking station. They have annual raises.

ConsPoor quality of product and service to the customers, fraudulent management, and a general disregard for the truth and quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace them immediately for the sake of the Health Ministries

An awesome place to work!

Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN (US)

ProsGreat culture, growth potential and benefits. This company invests in the future of their employees by offering excellent training at all levels!

ConsTraffic - access to the interstate is time consuming during rush hour.

Great company to work for

Data Support Supervisor (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN (US)

ProsA company that truly cares about there employees and the patients they serve.

ConsI have nothing but wonderful things to say about Ascension Health.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great place to work!

Indianapolis, IN (US)

Pros- Great attitude from employees
- Incredible state-of-the-art work environment
- Open minded leadership
- Lots of opportunity for advancement
- Multitude of free in service industry recognized certifications offered (and recommended by leadership)
- Friendly coworkers and leadership

Cons-The traffic into and out of the office complex is bad. It can take up to 10 minutes just to get onto the main road during peak times.
-Not much PTO offered within the first year of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Ministry Service Center is a garbage place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Ascension Health Ministry Service Center full-time for more than a year

ProsI can not think of a single thing I liked about this place. A definite soul-sucker.

ConsGet ready to enter the time machine back to High School....Immaturity and incompetence is what the Ministry Service Center is all about.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who know what they're doing and who give a crap about their employees.

Wish I'd begun My Career Here Years Ago!

HR-Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN (US)

ProsAmazing mission to serve that they actually live by and build their business around. Faith-based so all faiths welcome and respected. Opportunities for growth abound and managers encourage growth. Many training opportunities. Challenging work and workload so never a dull moment. Good people to work for and with! Great benefits, good pay. Managers work shoulder to shoulder with employees in open, mobile environment. Work-from-Home Mobility Program being rolled out.

ConsNo parking garage so serious hail damage, but then all of northwest Indy shared the same fate! Challenging work and workload can be intimidating, but have learned to ask questions and request help when needed. So many acronyms you practically have to learn a new language!

Beware of the contact center

Contact Center Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Ascension Health Ministry Service Center full-time

ProsGreat company overall! Just don't accept a job In the contact center

ConsThe contact center is the worst functioning department in the MSC. They try to get you to buy into their stupid culture. If you decide that another dept. is a better fit, they will do their best to stop you from transferring and then fire you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe real!

Worked for Ascension Health Ministry Service Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ascension Health Ministry Service Center reviews and ratings. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Ascension Health Ministry Service Center employees.