Austin Regional Clinic

Updated 27 October 2014
Updated 27 October 2014
3.3

Norman Chenven, M.D.

Very stable company that is highly respected in the healthcare community

Current Employee - Information Systems Support in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Information Systems Support in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The work environment really lends itself to the creation of teamwork.

Cons

This company is getting to be too large to maintain flexibility in all of its policies.

Great Company

Former Employee - Claims in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Claims in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Austin Regional Clinic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, professional working environment, leadership, compensation, location, location , location community involvment more more more more more more more more

Cons

high pressure metrics, promotions, professional working environment, leadership, compensation, location, location , location community involvment more more more more more more more more

More Recognition

It's an ok place to start out and gain experience. Chances of increase pay are slim to none.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility with work-life balance and family. Management is very flexible and understanding.

Cons

You get the "ARC discount". You get the benefits and you pay for them with your check.

Stop the favoritism.

"Good place to use your skills and strengthen them"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Austin Regional Clinic part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Job security is good. You get to use all your skills to help patients. If you work hard, have a positive attitude, and are responsible you will be respected. Training is constantly offered. You have a chance to pick up more hours. Most of management and doctors are great to work with.

Cons

The pay at first will not be higher than you expected, but as you build yourself up and get a higher education, they will compensate you and you will get better pay. It is open most holidays..so you will have to give one or two up.

If I could have found a different place to work in the recession, I would have

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Austin Regional Clinic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

While I was not paid fairly for what I did, I did receive a pay check. Overtime was available due to the number of people calling in sick.

Cons

Con's consisted of many things. Self insured. This meant when your kid fell off their bike and injured themselves, they called that a preexisting condition. I heard a boy broke a leg playing basketball and they said the same thing. Limited your choice of hospitals to their affiliate. Since I have worked there, I would never be a patient there. Medical Assistants are poorly paid and treated like servants.

Fire some of the people on the upper rung. Could be the old adage, that it rolls downhill but I prefer to be an optimist and think it is only the few who are horrible people.

I Love working here.

Current Employee - Radiology Technologist in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Radiology Technologist in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, a company that cares about their employees.

Cons

I have no cons about the company.

I love this company

Good company to start - not a good company for pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's a good company to begin working in healthcare and get your feet wet. Good to get experience. Management really works with you and personal life. It's an "ok" environment to work at. They do offer tuition reimbursement, flexible hours, vacation, 401K, insurance, etc.

Cons

The pay is what makes the company. Either management or HR approves the pay rate and they really try to squeeze as much out of you for as little pay as possible. tuition reimbursement could definitely be more than $1,000 a year. The insurance is set so employees could only see ARC providers or pay out of network fees.

Very good company depending on the Clinic you work at and who the Manager is at that location

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Able to take off whenever as long as you have the time. My manager is great and as long as you do your work they leave you alone

Cons

At times we have been very short handed and it can get very fast paced . They are strict on overtime if business is slow.

Treat your employees a little better. They are just as important in your place of business as anyone else

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Designer in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Designer in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Collaborative environment, laid-back, good opportunities for training

Cons

Not a huge opportunity to get too creative

None that I can think of. They have a pretty good open door policy

It's a hectic job with not many pay raises but pretty good benefits and includes a lot of backstabbing.

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic

Pros

I like the benefits and the paid time off that you accrue. SOME of your coworkers will be like family! Love that aspect...when there is teamwork!

Cons

Hardly any raises. When you do a good job, but your job review still makes you feel like you aren't. The condescending way certain supervisors and good forbid an interim supervisor talks to the subordinates. The drive to work and you feel like you need to bring a box to pack your stuff everyday because they fire people like crazy. Most employees are terrified of certain supervisory personnel. Some of your coworkers will have a bad way of communicating with each other, also.
    It's like you and your good coworkers are adrift on a little raft falling apart in shark infested water and you are clinging to each other for dear life! That's a typical day here.
    I recommend you join the float pool, skip the benefits, and avoid the BS.

Supervise and train nursing supervisors and observe their handling of employees. Most are wonderful, but the bad ones are just so bad. Nurses that eat their young mixed in with the great ones!