Austin Regional Clinic

Updated Jul 07, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Norman Chenven, M.D.

"Good place to use your skills and strengthen them"

Medical Assistant (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsJob security is good. You get to use all your skills to help patients. If you work hard, have a positive attitude, and are responsible you will be respected. Training is constantly offered. You have a chance to pick up more hours. Most of management and doctors are great to work with.

ConsThe pay at first will not be higher than you expected, but as you build yourself up and get a higher education, they will compensate you and you will get better pay. It is open most holidays..so you will have to give one or two up.

If I could have found a different place to work in the recession, I would have

Medical Assistant (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsWhile I was not paid fairly for what I did, I did receive a pay check. Overtime was available due to the number of people calling in sick.

ConsCon's consisted of many things. Self insured. This meant when your kid fell off their bike and injured themselves, they called that a preexisting condition. I heard a boy broke a leg playing basketball and they said the same thing. Limited your choice of hospitals to their affiliate. Since I have worked there, I would never be a patient there. Medical Assistants are poorly paid and treated like servants.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire some of the people on the upper rung. Could be the old adage, that it rolls downhill but I prefer to be an optimist and think it is only the few who are horrible people.

I Love working here.

Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsGreat benefits, a company that cares about their employees.

ConsI have no cons about the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to start - not a good company for pay

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsIt's a good company to begin working in healthcare and get your feet wet. Good to get experience. Management really works with you and personal life. It's an "ok" environment to work at. They do offer tuition reimbursement, flexible hours, vacation, 401K, insurance, etc.

ConsThe pay is what makes the company. Either management or HR approves the pay rate and they really try to squeeze as much out of you for as little pay as possible. tuition reimbursement could definitely be more than $1,000 a year. The insurance is set so employees could only see ARC providers or pay out of network fees.

Very good company depending on the Clinic you work at and who the Manager is at that location

Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsAble to take off whenever as long as you have the time. My manager is great and as long as you do your work they leave you alone

ConsAt times we have been very short handed and it can get very fast paced . They are strict on overtime if business is slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees a little better. They are just as important in your place of business as anyone else

Great company to work for

Designer (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsCollaborative environment, laid-back, good opportunities for training

ConsNot a huge opportunity to get too creative

Advice to Senior ManagementNone that I can think of. They have a pretty good open door policy

Great company to work for.

Lab Assistant Technologist (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsMost friendly people I have ever worked for, most passionate leadership roles I've seen, and great benefits for employees.

ConsUnfortunately, the process to get any existing routine changed has to go through an extensive and unnecessary chain of command, which generally takes months.

It's a hectic job with not many pay raises but pretty good benefits and includes a lot of backstabbing.

ProsI like the benefits and the paid time off that you accrue. SOME of your coworkers will be like family! Love that aspect...when there is teamwork!

ConsHardly any raises. When you do a good job, but your job review still makes you feel like you aren't. The condescending way certain supervisors and good forbid an interim supervisor talks to the subordinates. The drive to work and you feel like you need to bring a box to pack your stuff everyday because they fire people like crazy. Most employees are terrified of certain supervisory personnel. Some of your coworkers will have a bad way of communicating with each other, also.
    It's like you and your good coworkers are adrift on a little raft falling apart in shark infested water and you are clinging to each other for dear life! That's a typical day here.
    I recommend you join the float pool, skip the benefits, and avoid the BS.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervise and train nursing supervisors and observe their handling of employees. Most are wonderful, but the bad ones are just so bad. Nurses that eat their young mixed in with the great ones!

Have it all, or at least a small portion

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsWork/Life Balance, your a part of a family.

ConsThe ARC "take" Advantage, the pros blind you. Limited opportunities for career advancement. Salary for non-clinical is not competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your employees. Give them all the opportunities to be successful in even if that means they go on to bigger things outside your company.

Love it!

Nurse (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsI was shocked at the reviews on here, so I decided to add my own. I love working for ARC. It's one of the few companies that I've ever worked for, that feels like a family. My boss treats me with respect, and always has my back. Even if I do something wrong, or screw up, she always has my back and helps me move forward. That's how a work place should be! I love my co-workers as well!

ConsThe only con I can think of, is lack of discipline. There's two employees in my office alone that I would have terminated long ago. They're both long term employees, so they're still there. Riding the clock and hardly working

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd love it more if there was more accountability in the office. Yes we're a team, and yes we work together. But I shouldn't have to pick up someone else's slack day after day, because they fail to do their job. They should be held accountable themselves!

Worked for Austin Regional Clinic? Contribute to the Community!