Autoliv

Updated 22 January 2015
3.7

Autoliv President, CEO, and Director Jan Carlson
Jan Carlson

Pros
  • The work environment was very collaborative (in 5 reviews)

• nice people, good benefits, and competitive pay (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management and HR seem to be a little to "equal" oppertunity (in 4 reviews)

• This plant closed in 2009 due to difficult times in automotive due to recession (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

purchase intern (shanghai)

Former Employee - Purchase in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Employee - Purchase in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at Autoliv

Pros

nice place,great team,fun people...warm HR team

Cons

get paid 80rmb/day,pretty low,location is pretty far

I worked at Autoliv

Pros

Excellent work environment, ongoing training, professional development

Cons

Ability to solucional several problems

Safety challenges in Automotive Industry

Former Employee - Safety Engineer in Tijuana, Baja California (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Safety Engineer in Tijuana, Baja California (Mexico)

I worked at Autoliv full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company pries its self in being an Employee Safety first philosophy, GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT PLACE TO WORK. Yes. They have got the BEST OF THE BEST in their field be it Safety or Machine Fabrication. One of the TRUE GOOD Companys that DOES WHAT IT SAYS. Employees are No.1 in Safety Issues and they get a chance to have a SAY IN to what is best in their daily rutines and production experience always welcomed.

Cons

Need to work more on being Individual and to let Safety DO ITS JOB. Not from the blechers/bench but from the FIELD advantage. They have got GREAT EMPLOYEES, but Safety is always on the bench. Waiting to STOP THE FIRES, not do something before hand. No Manager would approve something unless he saw it and understand it first. They do not let Safety get their hands on the situation.

Be more PROACTIVE, stop being a MICROMANAGER.....experience is best when it is left to the PROFESSIONALS.

Good enough for a summer job

I worked at Autoliv full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is my first internship

I learned about electronics, test equipment, and schematics. The company also invited the interns to a few meeting where they discussed the technologies they were working on. If you had a field of interest, they would take that into account when assigning a group to work for.

Cons

Often, especially in the beginning of the internship, there was not enough work to do, so I'd either wander around trying to find work, or sit at the computer and try to educate myself on job related topics. This was a problem for other interns too. I was generally used to perform boring time consuming work often unrelated to my field of interest. I suppose that such work comes with the territory, but there are probably better internships out there.

never a dull moment, constantly putting out fires

Former Employee - Quality Engineer
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer

I worked at Autoliv

Pros

You never get bored sitting around.

Cons

Quite a bit of nepotisim

Good company but typical pitfalls of being run from Europe

I have been working at Autoliv

Pros

Interesting work, good people but some departments have little room for growth. Watch out for groups that report directly to European managers as it tends to create a difficult situation with employee trying to serve many needs with little support.

Cons

Can be very stressful with long hours and many demands. Fluctuations in economy can cause significant impact but this is true for any automotive manufacturer.

My first opportunity

Former Employee - Packaging Engineer in Querétaro, Querétaro (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Packaging Engineer in Querétaro, Querétaro (Mexico)

I worked at Autoliv full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The lean processes of the company are a benchmark for the automotive industry. I had learn a lot from production control, logistics and assembly. My manager was a great mentor. The environment of working there was also great, with a lot of people helping, specially at the USA facilities.

Cons

Bad Salary and too much rotation of personnel. HR are their weak management process. The last factory manager was not the adequate leader. during 2years we had 2 factory manager, and every time the leadership and human quality was decreasing

Okay place to work, but good luck getting a perm position ...

Former Employee - Radar DSP Engineer in Lowell, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Radar DSP Engineer in Lowell, MA (US)

I worked at Autoliv as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

-Not very stressful environment
    -The managers are nice
    -Cafeteria on top floor
    -Profit sharing for employees

Cons

- Company wants to hire through temp agencies as contractors (no benefits), and keep you waiting for a perm position for a LONG time, even though the temp agency promises 6 months at the beginning.
    - Technology isn't evolving very fast
    - Salaries are not very high
    - Lots of meetings
    - A bit disorganized. People get pulled from project to project, always saying it's crisis mode, all hands on board. You never really get deep into your work.

Summer Internship

Former Employee - Summer Intern
    Former Employee - Summer Intern

I worked at Autoliv as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I loved the people that I worked with which made my job enjoyable. They don't have a set intern program compared to other employers, but it's up to you to stay busy and find things to make yourself useful.

Cons

The first few works were very slow getting situated with what I was going to be doing. I ended up reporting to about four people. Two of them kept me very busy and two of them were somewhat non-existent. I had to manage my time and stay busy.