Autonomy

Autonomy Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Autonomy SVP & General Manager Robert Youngjohns

Robert Youngjohns

Pros
  • Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday(in 33 reviews)

• Nice office space and free lunch on Fridays but thats about it-(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a HUGE disconnect between their employees(in 19 reviews)

• Hiring staff was difficult as senior management would only approve a new hire if they came from a university that was acceptable to them(in 18 reviews)

Making the future out of data

Technical Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

ProsVery young and dynamic team.

ConsThe management could be improve.

Stay well clear!

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England

ProsThe marketing is top-notch. It basically sells itself.

ConsToo many to list. It was a sinking ship even before HP came along, now it's just hit an Iceberg and shattered in pieces!

Sales Executive

Sales Executive (Current Employee) London, England

ProsFlexible working environment with the ability to focus on historical and new accounts

Consno real sales strategy - treat every deal as tactical. Management can come across as desperate to close any size of deal

Advice to Senior Managementstart to take a more holistic approach to selling into major accounts and they will take you serious

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What you once were isn't what you want to be any more...

Technical Specialist (Former Employee) London, England

ProsI suppose there are career opportunities at HP if that sort of thing attracts you. Beyond that there's little reason talent would come here anymore. No upside, not part of a growth culture, more changes no doubt yet to come so not sure what horse you'll be riding. Some of the remaining people are great, but sure to leave.

ConsCh-ch-changes. It's not the changes per se, but the reality that this is no longer a high-growth, high energy software company. With some luck (mostly) it will become something in HP. More likely it continues to whither, and make no mistake about it that has been happening. It could have been a contender...

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a ship without a captain. No one has a clue what the direction is, and no one cares. People will jump ship with that plunging HP share price.

It's a job

Cloud Engineer (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England

ProsThe job provides a decent lifestyle and interesting challenging work. Awesome people that hold the teams together.

ConsI don't have anything particularly new to say compared to the present reviews. I can see truth in most of the issues raise, but wonder if it's really that different to other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementLooking forward to see what magic HP can bring. I am very hopeful that Meg Whitman sees the challenge of transforming the business from ones that driven by sales to one that driven by customer (and hopefully employee) satisfaction.

Overall I've been disappointed with my experience of Autonomy.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England

ProsNice perks such as Spurs tickets and awesome Christmas parties.

ConsMassive favouritism, steady increase of targets and workload with no recompense at all, incompetant commissions staff consistently making errors and then the company fails to rectify mistakes, policy of zero pay rise even to mirror inflation, company is run through a culture of fear.

Advice to Senior ManagementNurture your staff, don't belittle them into being better. Increase targets by all means, but reward this extra work financially. Mistakes happen with regards to commissions, fair enough, but rectify these immediately instead of forcing financial hardship on your staff.

Aurasma is very apt - explosive bowel movement

Sales (Current Employee) London, England

ProsNice offices on St James. You too can have a fumble where the queen mum used to get jiggy.

ConsThey support chav sports. A lot of hot air at best, aurasma producing is the norn.

Advice to Senior Managementthe most senior have gone, but the real trash are still there. the training guy is basically lower than a suicide bomber..

Salary review

Project Manager (Former Employee) London, England

ProsNone
    No good benefits
    No commendations

ConsSenior skilled employees are treated as fresh graduates And paid peanuts

Advice to Senior ManagementBe generous and reward your best employees and you may be able to retain them

Excellent people, Awful company

Technical Consultant (Former Employee) London, England

ProsIt has a good bonus scheme, and the people there were some of the nicest I've worked with.

ConsAwful base salary. I've heard of people not getting raises there, but I managed to get one. That said, it wasn't a very good raise, and it took for me to leave the company to get it.
    Awful management
    Awful software development practice
    No clear career routes
    Sales driven, no care or pride taken in products created

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some pride in the work you produce, and considering your a multi billion software company, get some proper software development practices hammered in to your employees!

Lots of work, no personal gain.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsChristmas party, which they are plan on removing this year. Decent bonus, generally nice working environment. Free food on Fridays and drinks everyday

ConsThe management never seem to know what's going on down below. The only way to get a pay rise is to quit. The hard work pays off in the short tern, rarely in the long term. Difficult to advance due the the cosy management in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't break promises (raises, visa, travel). You are working you employees to death. Manage your projects better, quality not quantity.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!