Autonomy

Updated 10 November 2014
2.5

Autonomy SVP & General Manager Robert Youngjohns
Robert Youngjohns

Pros
  • Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday (in 33 reviews)

• Nice office space and free lunch on Fridays but thats about it- (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • maybe that the upper management could have more direction in what they are doing (in 19 reviews)

• HP executives unresponsive while all the talented Autonomy senior management is gone (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Place to work

Current Employee - Software Designer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Designer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Autonomy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good place to work, professional people

Cons

Nothing to say as of now

Horrible management, cool products

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I worked at Autonomy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salary with a good comp plan

Cons

Targets where way above what was possible, no tech support for sellers. Customer service was non-existing

Resign, but I guess you already did and laughed all the way to the bank

Calgary office is much better now that 3/4 of the dead weight has been laid off

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Autonomy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Outsourcing and getting rid of jobs in the Calgary office has really improved things. Only the losers lost their jobs and they had to train their replacements which I think is well-deserved karma on their part. As well, I like the fact that they canceled the waste of time that was the season NHL hockey tickets. And cutting the 24/7 support pay in half was also pretty awesome.

Cons

None that I can think of except maybe that there are still a bit too many employees in the Calgary office--hopefully they'll get laid off soon.

Please lay off more employees. They are an ungrateful lot.

Senior Customer Service Representative -- Intermediate

Current Employee - Senior Customer Representative - Intermediate in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Autonomy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A very good place to work with highly profession people. Senior Management is very helpful and good culture and values.

Cons

I did not have any issues or difficulty in this company.

NA

Autonomy... Waste years .. Never hit your Quota.. Products are outdated

I have been working at Autonomy (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, Nice People, Good Expense AMEX Card..

Cons

Waste years of sales growth.. Sell products that you don't believe in...

Autonomy went through multiple acquisitions and a lot of employee has been laid off ... not sure if it finished ...

Current Employee - Software Support Consultant in Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Software Support Consultant in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at Autonomy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Interesting products. With right / smart management can be progress in the future - with out appropriate management way to nowhere.

Cons

You will utilize wide range of knowledge and learn well balancing proportion of IT and Telecom.

Management level very from one to another person. People (employee and managers) playing a lot of "job security" tricks ..

Great people, bad top management

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Autonomy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Technology was tops. Product training was excellent. Had a well organized inside sales team. Most employees below C level tops but about 1/2 the VP staff was among the worst I have experienced.

Cons

Divisions not integrated at the technology or sales level and this resulted in severe competitive selling between account reps and confusion among the prospect and customer base. Sales leads passed out on a favoritism based approach (to more experienced account reps). Very deceptive sales practices, with a lot of misleading in terms of what the products were actually capable of delivering. Pricing was also 'value based' meaning the more urgent the customer problem, the higher the price. That might be ok in many situations but what it meant from an account manager perspective is that if another rep was trying to do a deal in some part of the company, you could be blocked from doing your deal, no matter how much work you had put into it. Finally, I have never used this work before when describing the management of a company but the top/C-level management is truly evil. It took me 9 months to come to grips with that but one new member of my team worked that out on the very first pipeline review call his 2nd week on the job and quit instantly.

Wow, where to start. Actually, they are beyond advice so I'll save myself some time here and not even bother.

Account Executive

I have been working at Autonomy full-time

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits. Good people for the most part-They want to do a good job. Good story to tell to clients.

Cons

Technology behind. Software hard to deploy and harder for customers to maintain. Few sales people can make their number.

Convince HP to start investing in the products, otherwise you will simply fall further behind

Shady folks at the top setting the company culture

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Southborough, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Southborough, MA (US)

I worked at Autonomy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The group I was in did a lot of new development, using the latest tools. There was a caf and gym onsite.

Cons

My company was acquired by Autonomy prior to the HP acquisition. After listening to the Autonomy brass speak, it came as no surprise that HP later uncovered fraud and accounting tricks. We were told Autonomy does not give raises. We started several new development projects, which required nights and weekends, only to see them scrapped a few months later when the winds of change blew through. They had a few layoffs, then decided to let the best and brightest self-select themselves elsewhere through attrition. The result was a steady exodus, and a huge swath of empty cubes and offices. Not too encouraging.

A mixed bag of positives and negatives

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Autonomy full-time

Pros

For sales, your part of larger sales footprint calling on customers.

Cons

Some products are behind competitors.

Be competitive.