Autonomy

Autonomy Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Autonomy SVP & General Manager Robert Youngjohns

Robert Youngjohns

Pros
  • Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday (in 33 reviews)

• Nice office space and free lunch on Fridays but thats about it- (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a HUGE disconnect between their employees (in 19 reviews)

• HP executives unresponsive while all the talented Autonomy senior management is gone (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Not Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat culture in the office. Meg Whitman is a fantastic and visionary CEO.

ConsPoor compensation in terms of salary. Little opportunities for career growth.

Autonomy after HP aquisition

Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsSalary and Business card good medical plan

ConsUnrealistic sales goals. Lack of Corporate direction and message.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing on the number of meetings. Focus on getting better quality meetings.

No intent to work hard for this company

Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsKnew that working on litigation software was the right business direction

ConsDidn't treat employees respectfully. Slave driving parent company that didn't value the competency of company that it purchased. Employees felt they were treated as second class citizens, only be told what to do, instead of integrating with main company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice Technology Company

ProsFull of smart people. Young Company. Good benefits

ConsNot very transparent. Long working hours. Management not responsive

The blind leading the blind

Sales Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsI met very smart and very loyal fellow workers who were honest and hard working.

ConsI met ruthless and unpleasant management who were dishonest and incompetent at their jobs. Some of whom should be in prison for the robbery that was the sale to HP.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not the smartest people in the room. Listen to your employees. Respect work life balance. Manage collaboratively and not through intimidation.

Glad I did, but wouldn't go back.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHuge learning experience - lots of variety in the work.
    Great people in the Calgary office.
    The experience and the people made the time there worthwhile.

ConsUpper management was terrible. Showed a complete lack of basic respect to staff that was not in Cambridge.
    Raises were rare - basically you had to turn in a resignation for upper management to approve a raise.
    Nearly impossible to get a purchase order for equipment approved.
    Hiring staff was difficult as senior management would only approve a new hire if they came from a university that was acceptable to them.

Seriously bad managemt

ProsHp is hopeful that Autonomy software will help software sales. With global restructuring and Autonomy getting rid of terrible lack luster management they might have a chance.

ConsClean house Hp. Just bad management all the way up. Bully tactics and lie lie lie ..,hp needs to really pay attention. Really good people walk out because of management and there's always an excuse made.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither learn your job or go find another one. I have never seen more incompetence at on company.

no change = no improvement!

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Pros* Good environment to learn office politics.
    * Some solutions are good, but built on legacy software that was leading edge at one time

ConsIn APAC:

* Lipstick on the pig! - since HP has taken over Autonomy nothing has really changed except quotas have doubled blindly with no understanding of long term delivery or market trends.

* All they give is Obama style motivational speeches and no action!

* You are constantly beaten every day with unrealistic pressure at every turn because HP is trying to recouporate their money back!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet realistic and focus on people! They are the only REAL asset you have.

Law suit waiting to happen - Stay away from this place.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsFree breakfast on Wednesday and lunch on Fridays.

ConsIf you are a great worker with great talents you will not be recognize for your ideas, hard work or any accomplishments if you are not one of the "favorites". Management is a joke no clue of their management duties. No advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHP needs to step in before this company brings you down.

Waste of time

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsThere were a few good people, starting pay out of college was great

ConsThere were many people there who just filled up seats and didn't do much. New ideas are squashed. Many contracts were signed for millions of dollars selling products that do not exist or that actually do nothing. No work-life balance, there is only work and it is your life.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!