Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Avis Budget Group CEO Ron Nelson

Ron Nelson

Pros
  • Good benefits including sick days and paid vacation(in 16 reviews)

• It's a Union location and there is great benefits because of the Union(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does NOT listen or care about the workforce(in 23 reviews)

• long hours with no overtime, bad weather means flight delays(in 20 reviews)

It's clear that Avis Budget has an initiative to have new people write reviews.

Manager (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsCompany car, Health insurance, Vision, Dental, 401K, a paycheck, ability to pay some of my bills.

ConsFirst, I'd like to address the sudden rash of 4 and 5 star reviews over the last 6-10 months, Hello? It's clear that either HR or upper-management are soliciting these posts from newer employees. I think it will be interesting to see what these employees have to say after a year of work. I am going to guess that the reviews won't be filled with sunshine and butterflies like they are now.
    This is a horrible company for which to work. They will suck the life out of you and then spit you out. You are not a person to them, but a resource, a number on a P&L, that's it.

The offer a lot of overtime . Very friendly employees.

Service Agent (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsPlenty of overtime ... a lot of work to be done moving and cleaning cars and vans etc.

ConsThe weather changes everyday very cold at night.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere seems to be lack of instruction for customers who return cars at night. No person on hand to instruct the customers regarding parking and billing.

1 year into my sentence

RSA (Current Employee) Peoria, IL (US)

ProsHealth Insurance, great training programs, get to see latest cars, meet world travelers.

ConsManagement is horrible, co workers are overly competitive sociopaths who lie to deflect from their lack of sales. Unfair commission structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Handled reservations for customers and tried to upsell them

Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) Albany, NY (US)

ProsFun atmosphere. Good training. Provides a lot of competition amongst employees to build character.

ConsCompensation is little. The structure of the bonus is terrible. Every rental counts even if you cant help it. Took a while to get paid for bonus and reimbursement.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter commission structure for each division.

Salary lacking & business practices questionable.

RSA (Former Employee)

ProsOffer non traditional hours for those needing that type of schedule. Physical work environment comfortable.

ConsSales practices promoted often cross ethical lines. Pay is poor which is probably what leads to the questionable sales ethics.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an eye out on the practices of your operating units. It really was a surprise to see a reputable company undertake the practices I witnessed. Not sure if the sales practices promoted at my site are rampant but sales tactics supported by some managers are not ethical. I witnessed business practices that I would not call "sales" but a great example of "always read the fine print" of what you sign.

Stressful

ProsCo-workers for the most part are very friendly and helpful. The training program is very in depth and helpful. Keeps you busy so time goes by fast.

ConsManagement is never on the same page. You can be told you are doing great by several of them and then you basically suck by another. Different rules apply for different people. Moral since I have been here has gotten even worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet on the same page! Deal with issues brought to your attention and dont bury your head in the sand. It hurts moral and makes us that work for you feel not important.

Okay, no real room to grow in a career

ProsDiscount on car rentals that's the only perk. But you often can just catch a better deal through a travel site.

ConsTerrible scheduling. Upper management seems to not know, better yet doesn't have an ounce of a clue what takes place during each shift changes when it comes to operations. Seniority is a big deal, you will always get the short end of the stick when it comes to scheduling, vacation time and personal time off requests.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. Your customers, especially many of your corporate "Avis First & Preferred" are rude & treat your employees like crap.

Many long days for little satisfaction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat co-workers
    Ability to travel to different locations

ConsLow pay
    Zero work-life balance
    Family atmosphere not for management employees

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people for the time and sacrifice they give everyday!

New Hire Point of View

ProsIt has been a great job, the people from managers to coworkers have been great from day one. After more than 20 years in customer service this is the best out of the gate job. It just feels like home and you are part of the team from the start.

ConsPay scale starts off low.

Just graduate college? Here you go!

ProsCompany car, free gas, lots of hours, fun environment!

ConsSuper busy, very stressful, no down time, lots of training that can get exhausting.

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!