BB&T

BB&T Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

BB&T Chairman & CEO Kelly S. King

Kelly S. King

Pros
  • This bank pays better than any other and you get an incredible work/life balance(in 25 reviews)

• They have very good benefits and opportunities for advancement(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Little room for advancement but it is there(in 12 reviews)

• no room for advancement, sales goals that are met are never appreciated(in 17 reviews)

Terrible

Relationship Banker (Current Employee)

ProsOnly pros are the base salary and branch hours

Cons-Micro Managers
    -Sale pushers
    -Worse customer service I have ever seen
    -Managers don't care about you doing servicing all they care about is your numbers at the end of day
    -Clients are just numbers to them
    -Not enough staffing
    -No lunches at times
    -No sense of urgency takes forever to get any answers from a manager
    -You WILL be the managers assistant because they DO NOT feel like doing anything themselves other then going on "business calls"
    -Want you to speak with 10 people per day doesn't matter if you called 40 people that day.4-
    -Managers don't know how to do anything or manage their branches
    -Don't care about customer complaints at all

I can go on and on

Advice to Senior ManagementGet managers that know what they are doing.

More concerned with image than internal communication and talent

Commercial Banker (Current Employee)

ProsSuperior training
    Solid benefits including pension and up to 6% 401k match
    Wellness programs with reduce health insurance premiums
    Well developed corporate values and vision

ConsSilo'd product lines
    Women tend to be overlooked for promotion opportunities
    HR is more concerned with supporting management, not addressing serious employee concerns
    Extremely conservative lending culture, difficult to support even long term clients.
    Technology-challenged (internal systems)
    Complex bonus structure restricts earning potential, salaries below national average
    Many positions eliminated reducing efficacy to properly serve clients at local levels

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the client focus of the Allison days. Less propaganda and more action. Revitalize a bank-wide mentoring program to advance from within and develop strong minority and women leaders. Revisit mission statement. Making cuts after cuts restricts organic growth.

on call teller

On Call T Eller (Current Employee) Auburn, AL (US)

Prosthey pay 20% premium as compensation in addition to the basic pay

Consgot a lot of last minute call

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

its alright

Prosgrowth in market, higher than average pay

Consnon-competitive products. Management is way to busy establishing the region to pay attention to individual growth

Advice to Senior Managementemployee retention is key

Great company and people

Trainer (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA (US)

ProsStable company, great coworkers, great benefits. Lots of career growth. Invests in employees.

Constechnology is dated. this is a cost saving measure, but it hinders customer service

Advice to Senior Managementthe larger the company becomes, the less cohesive it is. There is not a unified theme or culture across the lines of business, although the company tauts that there is.

Hope to retire here

Relationship Banker I (Current Employee)

ProsDecent salary. I think upper management genuinely cares for its employees. Local level not so much.

ConsNot much room for advancement. Some promotions on the Community banking level leave room for speculation, seems to be who you know. Some employees seems to get away with doing nothing and are not reprimanded. Work with skeleton crew if someone is sick or on vacation.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees that are performing at or above pace should be compensated for their hard work and devotion to BB&T.

If you are fortunate enough to get hired here, don't ever leave.

Teller (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsBB&T knows how to take care of their employees. This bank pays better than any other and you get an incredible work/life balance. Many banks are notorious for giving tellers pitiful pay and then breathing down their necks for referrals-not here. They provide you with the proper training and compensate you beyond fairly. I've truly adopted another family working here.

ConsAlthough this is more-so a con for clients rather than employees, the company is a little "behind the times". Slowly but surely they are rolling out new technology (envelope free ATM's, improvements to the mobile app) which will help the company keep up with the "big banks".

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job caring about your employees. I have never worked for a company that goes so out of its way to ensure everyone within is well taken care of. This truly is a wonderful place to be.

I liked working with BB&T, but the lack of staff made it impossible to plan around your personal schedule.

Relationship Teller (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsGood pay, paid vac. holidays and sick time. Provides benefits.

ConsSystem very old school. Some of the bankers extremely rude. rude staff to our clients.

Busy, fast paced, well-trained position.

Teller Part Time (Current Employee) Morgantown, WV (US)

ProsHours are flexible, training is superb.

ConsPay is very low and customers tend to get flustered by BB&T's fees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate better ways to let customers know of the fees.

Great place to work

Business Service Officer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsExcellent experience, opportunity for growth.

ConsSalary is not at industry level

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!