BB&T

BB&T Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

BB&T Chairman & CEO Kelly S. King

Kelly S. King

Pros
  • This bank pays better than any other and you get an incredible work/life balance(in 25 reviews)

• They have very good benefits and opportunities for advancement(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Little room for advancement but it is there(in 12 reviews)

• no room for advancement, sales goals that are met are never appreciated(in 17 reviews)

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits and compensation, solid company to work for.

ConsCorporate is in Winston-Salem, hard to advance if unwilling to relocate.

The company has been good to me in the time I worked there.

Senior Teller (Current Employee)

ProsBB&T is a good company to work for, there is opportunity to grow and make a career.

ConsThe part that is not working for me is the schedule. It changes every week and I don't feel I have the freedom to work with my time.

Good to start with and grow

Certified Relationship Banker II (Current Employee) Virginia Beach, VA (US)

ProsGreat training, positive people, very supportive

ConsRegional managers have no understanding at branch level of what it takes to be Successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to be more involved in branches

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Stepping Stone

ProsGood experience as a first job out of college. Learned a lot. Transitioning into a new roll will take some time, but you have to remember that success cannot be measured by what you did yesterday. New positions will come along frequently, but you have to show that you have excelled at what you were hired to do.

ConsLow pay early on. Management is constantly overseeing everything that you do on a daily basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementReviews are too frequent. Let the people work and establish relationships. Breathing down their necks everyday accomplishes little.

Good Company

ProsThe people are really genuine. The benefits are fantastic! The company truly has a strong culture that they operate by. Hard work is often recognized.

ConsCommunication through the company can be lacking and disorganized. They tend to treat the people who work in corporate headquarters better than anyone else in the footprint.

My department was better than the overall corporation

Digital (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

ProsThe people are awesome. Work-life balance was great (good vacation) and the company is very ethical and promotes family values. I had an awesome supervisor. He/She was "one of us" before getting promoted, so really understood the work.

ConsIn my specific role, there was not room for advancement. Once my boss got promoted, that's it -- they would have to leave before another opp for advancement came open. (We were a pretty specialized team.) So, it was out-to-go-up for me. I think Senior Management (outside of our building), and some of the product managers as well, had no idea what we did on a day-to-day, or how specialized/difficult it was. So, I think we were under-appreciated outside of our team.

Also, even though we were a non-client-facing team, we had to dress the part ("because everyone else has to.")

Advice to Senior ManagementPay folks what they are worth. Don't use outdated comps to justify low salaries. Let those who don't see clients -- ever -- enjoy a relaxed dress code.

Good Environment for working

Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsOn job training, and a favorable environment.

ConsEquipment is not up to date with the competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementuiKeep up the good work

Teller

Tell Supervisor (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD (US)

ProsGreat training and lots of room to move up and excel. Leadership was good however corporate was always pushing them pretty hard.

ConsAlthough growth in the company was often easily obtained, you would be required to complete hours upon hours of training. Almost unobtainable.

BB&T to the Rescue

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe way they came in and took over during the Colonial Bank disaster was awesome.
    The employees that were living in that nightmare were thrilled the day BB&T took control and breathed a huge sigh of relief.

ConsMy position was eliminated when the merger was complete, however the severance package was very generous.

quantitative and qualitative analysis , reporting to LOB

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

Proswork and life balance, 401k match,

Conspoor senior management, slower salary rise, salary lower than market value

Advice to Senior Managementdon't let family member of boss directly report boss

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!