BP

BP Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

BP Group Chief Executive of BP Robert Dudley

Robert Dudley

Pros
  • The work environment is fairly relaxed in most cases and the work life balance is decent(in 111 reviews)

• Great environment and locations to work at Great pay and benefits as well as 401k(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Some position will require a lot of commitment, resulting work-life balance problem(in 19 reviews)

• The senior management is a bit of a joke, its like lions being led by donkeys(in 16 reviews)

2 years and more

Dy Manager (Current Employee) London, England

Prosvery good place to work.

Consconcerned each and everybody and good benefits as well

Great Company to work for as a contactor

Project Manager (Current Employee) Sunbury, England

ProsThe work life balance is great, especially being a contractor, you can work from home the majority of the time based on your role. The work environment is great, very adaptable, and support is available all the time. The contractor rates are very competitive and there is a chance for renewal. The projects are quite fun. Great offices in Sunbury, over 4500 employees with a nice secure car park.

ConsFrom what I have seen as a contractor here, the progression for permanent employees is lacking, and there aren't many growth opportunities for permanent employee's. The senior management is a bit of a joke, its like lions being led by donkeys. The employees don't really communicate with you much and prefer to keep their heads down and carry on with the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinuous Improvement is something you need to look out for. Treating contractors like scape-goats is common at BP, however instead of cutting costs by removing contractors, why not offer them a perm position and see how they respond instead of advertising the role they specialise in internally.

Excellent company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood management, excellent company, very nice people and helpful, learned a lot , loads of career opportunites,

ConsPressure, Pressure, too much pressure, and work load

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great employer and people

Global Process Manager (Current Employee) Sunbury, England

ProsProgression opportunities, security, final salary pension, committed to diversity

ConsLots of overseas travel, middle of nowhere location in sunbury,

Ok

ProsThe benefits are very good

ConsThere is a general lack of good leadership

Top honest company

ProsValues at the core of everything it does

ConsTies it's self in knots trying to simplify, doesn't hold project implementors to account when they walk away to the next project, too much change every three years

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits and work progression if you want it

ConsToo many meetings, can get in the way of making decisions

Seriously poor functional management and leadership

Category Manager (Current Employee) Aberdeen, Scotland

ProsGlobal player with focused strategy

ConsSeriously poor functional leadership. Attitude of most people is really poor - "I have done it this way for 20 years and I will continue to do it for the next 20 years"

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some decent senior leaders who care and are passionate

Great career move

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBP's name opens doors with customers/suppliers
    Big focus on your safety
    Lots of training
    Bonus scheme is generous if you are in a successful division

ConsSlow to make decisions
    Sunbury is an expensive area

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time with customers

Backbone PMO Global Change Lead

Senior Change Management Manager (Current Employee)

ProsHighly professional and driven teams with high expectation and commitment.
    Driven goals and achievements throughout the company

ConsOffice location is sometimes hard to get in and out off but hopefully the move in November with help this

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat teams of motivated staff who know and understand the needs of the company
    recongnise this and continue to keep the teams motivated and the company and backbone prgramme will
    carry on getting better

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!