Bain & Company Reviews

Updated 1 October 2014
4.6

Bain & Company Worldwide Managing Director Bob Bechek
Bob Bechek

Pros
  • My function focuses a lot on work life balance and provides lot of flexibility (in 30 reviews)

• Benefits are almost unmatched and lots of culture of really great people (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is always going to be a challenge given that the industry is client serving (in 98 reviews)

• Although better compared to some other firms in this industry, still long hours (in 103 reviews)

More Highlights

Unparalled development opportunities, extraordinary people, and high impact work

Current Employee - Manager  in  Chicago (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago (Philippines)

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You have the opportunity to work on high-impact projects with change-oriented senior leaders. You do this whileworking with teams that are passionately focused on not just handing over a slide deck, but rather working hand in hand with clients to deliver real bottom line results. And you get feedback and coaching in a highly structured way that pushes you to your limits, developing your skillset a a breakneck pace. Finally, the compensation goes up very quickly - you won't be a billionaire, but money becomes a complete afterthought.

Cons

It is hard work and you have to be at your best every day. There will be times when you will get pushed to your limits, and of course that brings with it the expected stress and long hours. And traveling away from your family sucks.

Keep finding ways to deliver excellent learning experiences for your employees. That is what keeps the best and the brightest around.

Amazing culture with very high expectations

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people: I am inspired to come to work everyday to learn from my coworkers.

The culture: everyone hears this about Bain, but it's actually true. It's an incredibly fun, supportive and challenging environment. They work hard and play hard.

The work: We get to deal with some of the world's most complex and challenging problems, and no two days are every the same.

Cons

The pace and the expectations can sometimes be overhwhelming.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Talented, fun people solving tough problems. Great supportive culture and less travel than competing consulting companies.

Cons

Hours can be unpredictable at times. Overall work-life balance is great compared to competitors, but not as good as other industries.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderfully supportive culture with work that makes a real impact for our clients.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cases are extremely interesting and push you to think out of the box. Blue chip clients that seem to really value the work we are doing for them. Amazing culture and people that want to help you succeed in your role. I've never worked for a firm with such a supportive culture from peers all the way up to partners.

Cons

Hard to think of any. It is a demanding job, which may not be for everyone. However, the work we're doing and the people we do it with make it worth it.

Its people make all the difference

Current Employee - Consultant  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Consultant in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunities to learn. You always have someone to help you (They never let an employee fail for lack of help). Big exposure to clients at very senior level. the trainning programs are very good. People are really friendly

Cons

Work-life balance is quite hard and may have to work on weekend on a few ocasions. You may have to travel a lot (bad for some people).

I've been challenged and supported throughout my career at Bain and I am so grateful for that.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Bain & Company part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I'm constantly learning. There are outlets for me to join groups that I'm passionate about outside of work, non-profit work, event planning for the entire office, spanish lunch group etc. etc. I know I'm making an impact.

Cons

The bar is set very high and you're constantly being challenged. This works for me as I always want to learn as much as I can and be exposed to as much as possible, however, I know it's not for everyone.

N/A

Great place to develop core business skills, develop expertise in areas of interest and work with smart people

Current Employee - Senior Specialist  in  New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Focus on professional development of employees. My function focuses a lot on work life balance and provides lot of flexibility. It also follows a meritocratic approach to compensation and promotions making it a fair process. Bain also provides many industry leading benefits on health and life insurance as well as many opportunities to have fun such as annual office offsites and holiday parties

Cons

No concerns as of now

Great!!!

I have been working at Bain & Company

Pros

Good pay; various opportunities for travel and networking

Cons

24/7; it takes years to make it to partner!!!!

Great!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People, level of work, complex problems to solve

Cons

Hours can be great but also terrible; teams are small so one person not carrying their weight has a huge impact.

Diligent, fun, intelligent, and awe-inspiring colleagues make Bain the best place to work.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people who work at Bain are in a class of their own. They never stop driving at results for our clients. They are supportive in a way I didn't know was possible in a fast-paced, corporate setting. Bain is the perfect place to grow my career.

Cons

There are sometimes long hours and travel.

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!