Banana Republic

Banana Republic Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Banana Republic President Jack Calhoun

Jack Calhoun

Pros
  • Great discount to use over 3 brands(Banana Republic, Old Navy & Gap) (in 101 reviews)

• Employee discount is a nice perk (which applies or other Gap related companies) (in 93 reviews)

Cons
  • Pushing credit cards is the only thing corporate is worried about (in 87 reviews)

• Employee raises were given once a year, but they cap sales associates in the Factory Stores at (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Relatively organised company, in general they treat the employees well.

Visual Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsRelatively organised company, in general they treat the employees well.They support employees to relocate internationally - big plus if you willing to work hard!

ConsEmployees are underpaid, no space for development, however they always offer salary pay rise when someone handing his notice in.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be great if they appreciate their employees financially while they work for the company instead of offering pay rise when they willing to leave.

Good but not the best.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) London, England

ProsThe discount is fantastic! You get an unlimited discount of 75% off for yourself and unlimited 50% off for friends and family in Banana Republic and Gap! The discount is probably the best thing about the job. Also, the staff are very friendly, management aren't rude or aggressive. The clothes are very nice and the atmosphere of the shop is very sophisticated and elevated- as well as the customers.

ConsI feel that the management are quite fake, the company some what promotes and encourages over enthusiasm and optimism even when people are not up for it, leading to very two faced personalities. Also, the store can be very quiet at times and time goes very slowly- however this depends on what store you work in. Also, sometimes we are encouraged to be too clingy to customers and it is annoying for both customers and staff. Management have very high expectations for customer service but do not follow through with their own advice. VERY unstable hours, hours are always given outside of my availability.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the company guidelines to be the brand but do not let it overshadow your own personality. Do not ask us to be a particular way or set a specific standard if you are not following through with it yourself.

Good working, friendly environment with a relaxed atmosphere where you can meet customer needs!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Shepherds Bush, England

Prosthey offer flexible shifts whereby i can study and work at the same time, you can transfer to Gap, the uniform discount is amazing and helps sell the companys products too, the training helps you feel apart of a team and the dicounts for family and friends also helps getting closer people into the shop buying items.

Consthe only con for me is that although the company provide us with goood discount i wish they paid the staff more i also wish they had a clothing line for children too, they could appeal to a new target market.

Advice to Senior Managementi think they should take into consideration targetting a new target market as the clothes they sell instore are mainly for grown men and women

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A pleasure to work for!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Manchester, England

ProsGreat working environment, perfect team, encouraging management, 'sadness is infectious' therefore there is allowed no sadness, but if you are you have a positive management to talk to! The product is great, the hours are long in a quiet store however incentives and work environment games encourage and reduce boredom! Loved it!!!! Lots of money from the company bonus goes into the staff, e.g staff room toasters, microwaves, tv, box sets, and personal hygiene care. Holidays are great and as a student working with lots of other people, you can normally with ease switch days to get the days off you prefer without taking a holiday. Training days are fun and engaging and include lots of krispy kreme donuts! yum! Fab Fab Fab place to work!

ConsHaving a stockroom upstairs! Definitely a bit of a work out! Sometimes the store is quiet and standing at the front of the store for an hour is quite a pain! Other than them pathetic cons, I cannot really suggest any more!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with your happy approach and positive encouragement!

Its been a great learning experience

Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsIts a fast passed environment and all the workers are friendly. The leadership team are the best I have worked for, they have really high standards which they try to maintain. You get enough time off and the dress code is really good too

ConsFew hours, Customers sometimes can be rude so you have to be calm all the time as you might lose your temper if you are one of those weak people. A bit of favouritism

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are doing an awesome job however more Feedback to employees would be welcome.

I love my Job

ProsGreat People and Great Product

ConsShould be paid for experience

Great for a first job

Cashier Lead (Current Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsGreat team - fun people to work with-, and discounts.

ConsIt has a really strict dress code.

sales associate

Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) Crestview, KY (US)

ProsPositive work environment with great people, I love my Banana Republic Family.
    Gap Inc, is a great company to work for, and they truly respect their employees.
    "Do what you love and you'll love what you do"
    Great Discount

ConsTrying to sell the banana credit card to customers

Fun/Very Kind coworkers, Good Pay

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsThe starting pay was 10$ hourly so that was surprising. They let you wear what you want as long as it is in their guidelines of "casual professional". Their discount is good for Banana, Old Navy, and GAP. The coworkers make closing a lot more easier and enjoyable. Communication is fun and easy with walkie-talkies.

ConsCan get a little bit stressful when the store is high paced, but there really isn't any cons. Shifts get cut when the store isn't doing too well but as long as the store meets selling requirements, it does not happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementI cannot offer any advice, working here is very nice.

motivations and team work

Brand Amamadors (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX (US)

Prosflexible hours, good management , easy shipment , nice people

ConsSometime you may have rude customers

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!