Banana Republic Reviews

Updated 26 August 2014

3.3

Banana Republic President Jack Calhoun
Jack Calhoun

Pros
  • Great discount to use over 3 brands(Banana Republic, Old Navy & Gap) (in 101 reviews)

• Employee discount is a nice perk (which applies or other Gap related companies) (in 93 reviews)

Cons
  • Pushing credit cards is the only thing corporate is worried about (in 87 reviews)

• Employee raises were given once a year, but they cap sales associates in the Factory Stores at (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Relatively organised company, in general they treat the employees well.

Current Employee - Visual Manager  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Visual Manager in London, England

I have been working at Banana Republic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relatively organised company, in general they treat the employees well.They support employees to relocate internationally - big plus if you willing to work hard!

Cons

Employees are underpaid, no space for development, however they always offer salary pay rise when someone handing his notice in.

Would be great if they appreciate their employees financially while they work for the company instead of offering pay rise when they willing to leave.

Good but not the best.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in London, England

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time for more than a year

Pros

The discount is fantastic! You get an unlimited discount of 75% off for yourself and unlimited 50% off for friends and family in Banana Republic and Gap! The discount is probably the best thing about the job. Also, the staff are very friendly, management aren't rude or aggressive. The clothes are very nice and the atmosphere of the shop is very sophisticated and elevated- as well as the customers.

Cons

I feel that the management are quite fake, the company some what promotes and encourages over enthusiasm and optimism even when people are not up for it, leading to very two faced personalities. Also, the store can be very quiet at times and time goes very slowly- however this depends on what store you work in. Also, sometimes we are encouraged to be too clingy to customers and it is annoying for both customers and staff. Management have very high expectations for customer service but do not follow through with their own advice. VERY unstable hours, hours are always given outside of my availability.

Follow the company guidelines to be the brand but do not let it overshadow your own personality. Do not ask us to be a particular way or set a specific standard if you are not following through with it yourself.

Good working, friendly environment with a relaxed atmosphere where you can meet customer needs!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Shepherds Bush, England
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Shepherds Bush, England

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time for more than a year

Pros

they offer flexible shifts whereby i can study and work at the same time, you can transfer to Gap, the uniform discount is amazing and helps sell the companys products too, the training helps you feel apart of a team and the dicounts for family and friends also helps getting closer people into the shop buying items.

Cons

the only con for me is that although the company provide us with goood discount i wish they paid the staff more i also wish they had a clothing line for children too, they could appeal to a new target market.

i think they should take into consideration targetting a new target market as the clothes they sell instore are mainly for grown men and women

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A pleasure to work for!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester, England

I worked at Banana Republic part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great working environment, perfect team, encouraging management, 'sadness is infectious' therefore there is allowed no sadness, but if you are you have a positive management to talk to! The product is great, the hours are long in a quiet store however incentives and work environment games encourage and reduce boredom! Loved it!!!! Lots of money from the company bonus goes into the staff, e.g staff room toasters, microwaves, tv, box sets, and personal hygiene care. Holidays are great and as a student working with lots of other people, you can normally with ease switch days to get the days off you prefer without taking a holiday. Training days are fun and engaging and include lots of krispy kreme donuts! yum! Fab Fab Fab place to work!

Cons

Having a stockroom upstairs! Definitely a bit of a work out! Sometimes the store is quiet and standing at the front of the store for an hour is quite a pain! Other than them pathetic cons, I cannot really suggest any more!

Keep up with your happy approach and positive encouragement!

Easy Part Time Job

Current Employee - Sales Support Associate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great camaraderie with the ability to move around, cashier, cabinet sets, try different things, an opportunity to learn business 101 skills, and can certainly take leadership roles (without compensation) and gain experience

Cons

low salary base, you really get what you pay for, if BR paid more, we'd have higher class employees and less turnover, but I guess that's what keeps costs down.

Encourage loyalty, pay your employees more, stop capping salaries and hourly wages, if your employee has been there 10 plus years, they still deserve a raise.

Offers room for growth.

Current Employee - Stock Associate  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Stock Associate in McLean, VA (US)

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time for more than a year

Pros

Incentives on making sales goals. Strong team morale. Room for growth.

Cons

Inconsistent scheduling. Sometimes not enough man-power

Understand that everyone has their own set tasks before asking them to deviate from it

Great company to work for. They're very flexible with your schedule and needs.

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone works as a team, friendly management, great benefits.

Cons

Having to sell the Banana Republic Card.

Great Retail Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Banana Republic part-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive Work Environment
    Easy Hire
    Great Level of Customer Service
    Good work experience
    employee discount

Cons

Hard to move up
    Bad hours
    Pay isn't great, raises come with performance reviews, which don't come often and result in a maximum of a .25 cent raise.

Make a path for those who want to move up in the company

GREAT FIRST JOB

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Lancaster, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lancaster, PA (US)

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-great starting pay, wonderful co workers, good pay incress

Cons

no benefits for part time

Keep up the good work

Decent

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador  in  Aurora, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Aurora, IL (US)

I worked at Banana Republic part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, Cool management team, nice work environment

Cons

I can not really think of any cons

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!