Bang & Olufsen

www.bang-olufsen.com

Bang & Olufsen Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
Bang & Olufsen – Munich – “Bang & Olufsen German offices”

Tue Mantoni

Excellent company and products

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) Reading, England

ProsGreat head office and training facilities along with the most beautiful products in the world. Iconic brand that is a joy to be part of.

ConsCan be a bit all encompassing and takes over your life at the expense of family and friends. It is all about Bang & Olufsen and not what other competitors do which can be frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople always come first

Totally out of touch with their customers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe product developers have high ideals.

ConsTotal arrogance with regards to customer concerns.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and listen to your clients, you do certain things so well.
    If you do not listen to your customers you WILL go bust.
    Forget BeoPlay and concentrate on your core values and please look after your franchisees, as at the moment they seem so de-motivated when I visited them.

Equipment sales, creating system designs and executing system installations while consulting on marketing matters.

Installation Specialist (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsWorking with superior technology, understanding the cost and logistics of installing electronic components within many different types of structures, both residential and commercial.

ConsWorking with Bang and Olufsen America to coordinate product orders, delivery, product defects, marketing material and event planning.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake changes to personnel at Bang and Olufsen America, the new president is a great start. Keep going.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stimulating, challenging, instructive

Managing Director (Former Employee) Milan (Italy)

ProsCulture, company values, brand involvement

ConsNot open to change, conservative management, centralization

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to markets feedbacks

National Account Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCool brand, cool products and good people work there. There should be some more opportunity for current employees with the growth in automotive OEM business they do. There is also a nice culture of drinking with co-workers after work at the local bar.

ConsPoor communication from management on the status of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are part of the family, be more open with them.

Steady

ProsGreat product, and you meet some of the most amazing people in NYC and beyond. You also get to see ridiculous homes in the NY area. If you're on the technical side of things, you can get involved with top-tier integration of high end audio video products in people's homes

ConsTypical corporate problems. All the crap flows down river, no one listens, blah blah blah. It's a big company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your senior sales people, who make up the majority of the sales numbers you post, like they were brand new employees.

Store Manager

Store Manager (Current Employee) Casablanca (Morocco)

Prosacquiring commercial skills.
    a client portfolio.

ConsNo evolution in terms of skills acquired,nor of salary.

A place of opportunity, community, and professional advancement within the field.

Product Specialist (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsExcellent support from higher-ups, and pretty good health benefits.

ConsIn order to really see money in this company from a commission pov, you need to be be here at least 2-3+ years before the money really begins to come in.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more one on one product tutorial rather than just relying on computer training and reading material as the manuals can seem overwhelming and/or boring and there is a lot of useless knowledge in the online training program.

Worked for Bang & Olufsen? Contribute to the Community!