Bank of America

Bank of America Reviews in Georgia

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance including remote work from home for certain positions (in 352 reviews)

• Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home (in 195 reviews)

Cons
  • Sexism; old BFF network; little work life balance, but they gave lip service to it (in 138 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes (in 162 reviews)

More Highlights
159 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company, great benefits.

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsGreat benefits. Honestly, I love the atmosphere. Everyone wants to do what's best for the customers. Bonuses are better now, focused on rewarding top performers.

ConsThe base salary is too low. However, it is comparable to other banks.

Lack of Direction

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsHours, work-life balance, compensation is in line or above peer group. Quarterly bonus opportunity drives employee satisfaction.

ConsOutdated processes, lack of clear direction, disconnect between upper management and employees. Direction of driving customer experience is unclear.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet involved with employees on a local level. Email doesn't help. In order to drive sales and customer experience results, simplify your retail process. Give flexibility to managers to drive business without out-of-touch micro management techniques

Review of my Bank of America Experience

Clerk (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsIt was a decent place to work. It was a positive bridge to get me to another career choice

ConsIt was Contract work. Not stable

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bank of America offers opportunities to move around.

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsBenefits are good and have the opportunity to switch careers within the bank.

ConsWork-life balance nonexistent, Constant change without freely communicating to the associates the purpose and desires results that the changes will held. Always feeling a change for the worse, rumors, hard to get accurate information from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour people are your greatest assets, invest in them.

It was good, except that they can delve into your personal bank accounts.

Bank Operations Associate (Former Employee) College Park, GA (US)

ProsFlexible scheduling. Schedules pretty much fit the convenience of the employee.

ConsGetting time off, training, and having correct people in place that can answer important questions.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see management be more familiar with the jobs in order to answer questions that the employee may have, and not have to refer them to other personnel because each employee have their own way of doing things. Need one central person, so that everyone will be on the same page.

Its alright.

Teller (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsPay is great, part-time schedule is lenient

ConsTraining procedure completely STINKS, I was basically thrown out onto the teller line...

Advice to Senior ManagementDo something to better train your tellers!

Good company to work for

Operations Representative (Former Employee) College Park, GA (US)

ProsA lot of company discounts. Good for the family life. Help with school fees and daycare programs.

ConsThe company needs to pay more for certian job functions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont really have anything.

Great experience great company to work for

Teller (Current Employee) Savannah, GA (US)

ProsGreat company to work for great benefits.

ConsNo over time, by great over all satisfaction

Bank of America can be a good company to work for, if they become more family oriented.

Credit Card Sales & Service II (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA (US)

ProsIf you apply yourself and be open to constructive critism, you can make good money in this position. Be Open to those who mean you well in your success. Be very cautious of those who are selfish and spread gossip.

ConsManagement does not support their staff success and family life. In this department, most employees move out of this roll in to a roll in the same building with not much advancement. This office does not promote management for their high achievers. Most companies acknowledge their top salesmen. In this position, it's truly about who you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommit to going the extra mile for those who keep you employed. Stop clicking up with the craft employees. Management should leave and guide, not tear down and classify.

Eventful

Premier Client Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsA great deal of opportunities to move around within the company.

ConsIt is definitely not what you know, but who you know at this company.Opportunity growth if you're in the right click. Loosing a lot of great talent because of this behavior there. Too many lay offs within the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot enough diversity in upper and senior leadership. Needs improvement especially regarding diversity in executive leadership roles for the company.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!