Bank of the Ozarks Reviews

Updated 8 April 2015
18 reviews filtered by
2.4
Bank of the Ozarks Chairman and CEO, Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. and Bank of the Ozarks George G. Gleason
George G. Gleason

1. Vice President - Leasing

Former Employee - Vice President - Leasing in Little Rock, AR (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President - Leasing in Little Rock, AR (US)

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks

Pros

Acquire new customers, turn non-active customers into producing customers, building a strong client base

Cons

No set territory so you always had to check your leads with the "keeper of the customer list". It had no confidential information which should have been easily accessible to check your leads so you did not call on existing customers as prospects. Another disadvantage was the keeper of the list did not always know how to look up customers correctly.

Advice to Management

You need to empower your employees so they can do their piece of the overall puzzles with less hinderence. Also, everything seemed secrectivewhich led people to lie and set other people up to take the fall and be fired when a second chance was the proper thing to do especially when I am a loyal and trustworthy person to my employer.

2. My own opinion.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks

Pros

Friendly work enviroment, good products for customers.

Cons

Operating system is not user friendly.

3. Very strong bank, but low potential to progress.

Current Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks

Pros

Good pay, government holidays, and great coworkers.

Cons

Short staffed, sales driven, too many changes.

5. Great Front Line Staff, Not So Nice Management

Current Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative in Conway, AR (US)
    Current Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative in Conway, AR (US)

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with the front line staff. We were able to get to know many of our frequent customers and it was great being able to build those friendships.

Cons

Raises were minimal and bonuses were nonexistent. Management often seemed condescending and
    rude to lower level staff.

Advice to Management

Management should do more to foster company morale.

6. Terrible experience

Former Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits for the customers, above average pay for college students, typical holidays off and bankers hours, the usual

Cons

Our company was bought out by this company, and my location was shortly shut down afterwards and our jobs were lost. The problem wasn't the displacement from our jobs, but the way in which it was handled (which was very distasteful). There was a very strong lack of communication in the short amount of time that we remained after the buyout which made things very confusing and disheartening. It was more being like the redheaded stepchildren of the company instead of the team.

Advice to Management

Keep in mind that the smaller people in the company are the worker bees that make the company run. Without them, day-to-day processes would not be possible and the customer service aspect that everyone speaks so highly of would be lost. Before you decide you want to step on the little guys, remember that they're the face of the company and if you weed out the good ones there aren't going to be more left. EVERYONE is human, so don't dehumanize them just because they make a little less.

7. Blind sided about company...

Current Employee - Anonymous in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Monday thru Friday operations.

Cons

Lean staff and very underpaid for the work load. Benefits are not great. Pay is below compared to other banks.

Advice to Management

Hire more personnel to assist in providing efficient customer service and Teller transactions. This is a microwave society and custmers want quick quality service. Another headquarters need to be in Charlotte to assist the new banks that were bought. Branch managers should focus on new businesses and proper management rather than Teller transactions die to short staff.

8. Sometimes frustrating and sometimes rewarding.

Former Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative in Russellville, AR (US)

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of training, decent 401k plan,

Cons

Pay is low, not much room for advancement, not much structure and every branch does different things, nothing is done the same.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the tellers. I will never understand why a teller gets paid the least. That's sad when ebanking makes more. Tellers are the bank. No tellers, no business. Focus on what's going on in the branches you already have instead of purchasing more. I worked at a branch with a horrible manager and watched them run off 8 great employees, while HR did nothing about it and they were called several times. That person is still there and just ran another employee off. Get it together. Your loosing great lifetime workers bc nobody pays attention to the branches. They are way to worried about becoming a big bank.

9. Horrible management make a horrible environment

Former Employee - Teller in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This branch is not open on Saturdays

Cons

The environment is so racist it is unreal. If you are not African-American, you will not last long in this branch.You will be excluded from everything. People stay in their offices rather than help coworkers or customers or even pick up the phone unless they check caller ID first. People are quick to pawn their work off on others so they can gossip.

Advice to Management

You need to find management that will provide a better work environment to all of the staff and actively tries to manage or even work. Try promoting from within. It doesn't motivate your employees when they know they will never go anywhere.

10. Bad Management!

Current Employee - Teller in Little Rock, AR (US)
    Current Employee - Teller in Little Rock, AR (US)

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very slow traffic. A lot of down time.

Cons

Internal gossips, bad management, unprofessional work ethics among employees, management creates intimidating working environment, talk about other employees and make sure they know it

Advice to Management

Why try

11. Good Company to work for

Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Rogers, AR (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Rogers, AR (US)

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The region I worked for in my opinion had great condition-workers and good management. Pay for my region I believe was slightly above average and training is good at this institute.

Cons

I feel like this company does like to promote from within but due to in my division having smaller branches the only positions that ever became available were entry jobs it was harder to move up. Incentives are not the best they could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do... I feel like you are doing a good job.