Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Bed Bath & Beyond CEO and Director Steve Temares

Steve Temares

Pros
  • Great customer service policy which keeps great customer retention (in 98 reviews)

• Pay is good compared to other retailers (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • If you were to mention work/life balance while interviewing - you would never be hired (in 24 reviews)

• You must work long hours to really excel in your position (in 48 reviews)

More Highlights

it was an okay ok with a lot to do for low pay

Prosflexible hours and decent staff

Consbad management and difficult to move up

Loved the job, upper management not so much.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Akron, OH (US)

ProsCompany really takes care of the customers which makes it a great place to work. Associated are like family. Always busy with things to do, never have down time, so time go by very fast. Benefits are great.

ConsCompany is going through lost of changes with management. Very stressful. Poor moral. Managers are overworked.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to have their managers backs. Listen to what managers are telling you. If it is broken in more then one store, maybe it is not the store fault but the the company's fault. Managers are getting burnt out with the work load.

Great people, fun place to work.

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) Raynham, MA (US)

ProsA lot of employees. Pretty upbeat environment. Lots of fun challenges, like contest on who can seek the most items of the week. Would have teams for competitions for most online orders completed.

ConsThe management was very inflexible with scheduling. They often ignored requests for days off. Also, management often would say just recover and clean store whole shift which is boring. When a good manager was on they'd give us goals and tasks for the shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved on the floor. Give the team goals and jobs for the shift. Work with them and encourage them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience!

ProsLots of product training and a true passion for customer service.

ConsAmbiguous hr policies and lack of follow through. Difficult to create and maintain standards if no consistent disciplines are allowed.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistant policies and expectations company wide.

Good college job

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible hours and schedule, great training and support to help you sell products, can be a lot of fun depending on your team, easy to move around store and work in other departments, easily met expectations of part-time staff

ConsNot much potential for promotion, will work holidays if part-time without compensation, pay scale is low

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication within management team needs to be better, maybe increase pay so your employees feel more appreciated.

Great customer service training, good standards for employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEverything was clear and straightforward. There was clear communication between managers and staff and clear job expectations. I especially liked that it wasn't numbers-based. Working for a promotion was easy enough. Generally, if you worked hard, you were rewarded.

ConsCustomer service was a real challenge in my location. We worked with some pretty fierce customers on a daily basis.

Every store has a different experience.

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) Elk Grove, CA (US)

ProsIncentives! You make a lil over minimum wage.

ConsThe team is not always pleasant.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a leader to create followers. Even the smallest position deserves respect!

BB&B management

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGreat customers good location and fun coworkers

ConsManagement is too judgmental and gossipy

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on managing, and less on social interacting.

Ring up customer purchases as well as provide customer service.

Cashier (Current Employee) Paramus, NJ (US)

ProsI enjoy the interaction with customers.

ConsCashiers who wander around the store when it is busy and managers who do nothing to change this.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have suggested putting numbers on each register as it is difficult to determine what registers are open

Great company to work for

Manager (Current Employee) Naples, FL (US)

ProsProduct training, employee discount, great working environment, room for advancement.

ConsLong hours, work at least one day on the weekend.

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!