Bio-Reference Labs

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bio-Reference Labs Chairman, President, and CEO Marc D. Grodman

Marc D. Grodman

Ridiculous policies, low pay, how the Grinch stole client service

Customer Service (Former Employee)

ProsGain good industry knowledge. Leader in the industry. Health industry is a good place to be. Wide variety of challenges. Great benefits.

ConsDirector is trying to make changes through process improvement but is driving reckless behavior due to management through fear and unreasonable rules. Workplace becomes heated in mornings and late nights and management has deemed fans as the devils spawn. Bad for older woman going through menopause. While other departments have the luxury of being able to visit the coffee truck, play the radio softly, decorate their sections, we have become stripped of all such activities. Birthdays have been banned. Need to ask permission to have your cell phone handy. Cameras installed everywhere making it feel like big brother is watching. Office has become a very "cold" uninviting environment.

Expected to work the work of three different departments while we are merging into one group. It’s not feasible nor fair for them to expect us to continue on with this increased workload at our current level of pay

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together. The economy is changing and you can't work people to the bone, with little reward and retain quality and motivated staff. companies should avoid "unrealistic" policies.

Get rid of the unrealistic laughable policies such as not allowing employees to celebrate birthdays, let alone have a birthday cake.

All in all a good company to get your foot in the door.

Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) Elmwood Park, NJ (US)

ProsExcellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Excellent Pay for Similar positions in other companies; Flexible Schedule; caring managers; Mom and Pop atmosphere, and everyone knows each other.

ConsPractically no upward advancement and it is very difficult to be moved to new projects; upper management is stingy about hiring where there is a need for more workers; the parking situation is horrendous and requires better management; new projects are rushed without concern for trouble shooting which leads to issues with the project.

RUN FOR THE HILLS !!!!!!!!

ProsGreat medical benefits and somewhat flexible hours that's about it.

ConsUnless you kiss butt there is no room for growth. Pay is horrible. You are watched as if your child. Lots of favoritism. Not a equal opportunity work environment. Constant change but unless you're management you won't be notified. Horrible communication between management and employees. Employees coming into the department with no experience are getting paid the same as or more than employees that have been there for years.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying employees what they're worth. You have good employees that have been part of the department for years show them some gratitude and give them the pay they deserve. Take a look at your team leads and management. Stop treating employees like they are children.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience in this company stinks.

Dispatcher (Current Employee) Elmwood Park, NJ (US)

ProsThe medical benefits and all the employee discounts are the real reasons why I am still working for this billion dollar company.

ConsThere is too much diversity, too much favoritism, no advancement unless you kiss someone's butt or sleep with them. The raises are an insult to us as working human beings. When there is an opportunity to try to move up or should I say transfer to a better department, they give it to someone else or make you wait for a year or so

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is look over your managers and supervisors, especially in the transportation department. Very sneaky, and deceiving

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

It is been really great working here.

Lab Tech (Current Employee) Elmwood Park, NJ (US)

ProsFlexibility with hours, communication and appreciative management.

ConsI dont have anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are doing excellent job.

Lab Technologist

Lab Technologist (Current Employee) Elmwood Park, NJ (US)

ProsSteady work and good benefits Something to put on a resume.

ConsMandatory weekends and without rotating shifts, The day shift is a skeleton crew but the over night is packed with people because they only hire for nights. Focus on work output over quality. The pay is below par even with night differential. This is a revolving door company.

Recommended

ProsGreat potential and Family oriented.

ConsBetter compensation for those who work harder instead of equal compensation.

bio-reference night shift is not professional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelax setting and good people

Consnot professional, constant time changes to schedule. Only work if you are desperate

Extremely competitive market

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFreedom to run territory as your own business.

ConsLots of pressure to maintain accounts while constantly prospecting for new accounts. Crappy pay. Little resources and support.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people more - you get what you pay for.

Every supervisor has a supervisor and no one communicates with each other

Phlebotomist (Former Employee) Toms River, NJ (US)

Prosthe location was convenient to home

ConsManagement expects you to do the work of three people and pay you minimum. Too many meetings and nothing gets accomplished

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in the trenches and see what really goes on in your patient service centers. All you ever see is the dollar sign

Worked for Bio-Reference Labs? Contribute to the Community!