BloomReach

Updated 10 December 2014
Updated 10 December 2014
5.0

Raj De Datta

Awesome culture and place to work at!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at BloomReach full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Incredible work culture, smart people, collaborative colleagues who are passionate about what they do, awesome products that are AMAZING and WORK, and incredible customers that everyone knows and shops from. We're growing but still maintaining "the good ol' days" kind of feeling - our culture is our mission here. We're not policy driven and everyone gets to make a difference. We respect everyone and we learn from everyone. This is the place where everyone from the executive leadership all the way down works together.

My own team is a dream. I don't have to deal with any drama, and even though I'm the "newbie" they take my thoughts and ideas into consideration and are willing to change things immediately (no "let's think about it" or sense that they really don't want to hear what you have to say). I feel very grateful for having great colleagues who seem to really value me and respect me. It makes me enjoy working hard but still have fun!

Cons

When I come up with some, I'll be sure to let you know. Everything I've suggested, they're willing to look into and agree that it should be updated/changed. How's that! I actually get to contribute (even though everyone always says they want to do that....but here it actually happens).

Keep being awesome and approachable and it's really cool to see you guys working right alongside everyone. I don't have to "fear" talking to you.

Dynamic startup environment, engaging work, very start people, strong upper management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

I worked at BloomReach as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

During my internship at BloomReach, I gained great exposure to the industry as well as an excellent training program.
    I worked with highly intelligent, motivated and dynamic people who had mostly transitioned to BloomReach after working in consulting / banking, Google, Facebook, etc. The benefits were great, the pay was fair, and work/life balance was highly valued.

Cons

Communication between upper management and the rest of the company is relatively limited, thus it was unclear how the company will continue to expand both within the market and internally. As such, the career path within the firm is less established.

Additionally, the company operates in a highly saturated market, with many players doing 'big data' and 'natural language processing.' Although BloomReach receives backing from Bain Capital Ventures, it's unclear how successful the company will be in 5, 10 years.

Amazing, Hard Working Culture. Expect a huge bump in your Learning Curve.

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA (US)

I worked at BloomReach as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

People: Beyond Smart, Helpful
    Work: Challenging, Requires more research and creative solutions
    Flexibility in terms of how you choose to approach/solve the problem

Cons

Be ready to work hard and deliver something concrete.

Brilliant coworkers, very hardworking and motivated team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at BloomReach full-time

Pros

Open office layout is refreshing, although may be bothersome for some so you may want good headphones to block out noise

Company culture is very open and trusting, the team is very hardworking and you get to work with some of the most talented people you have met.

Cons

Salaries are lower than for similar jobs (based on amount of work)

Awesome company to work for

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at BloomReach full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1) Solving really tough problems in e-commerce space
    2) No drama policy
    3) People are really smart and helpful
    4) You get to work on lot of technologies

Cons

Build fast resulting in hacks for customer issues.

None

Awesome culture, really interesting problems

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at BloomReach full-time (less than an year)

Pros

What I love most about working here is the problems we're solving- definitely some of the coolest technical challenges I've been exposed to. Plus, there are tech talks held regularly in our "Wreck room" by fellow BloomReachers- it's nice to have experts in so many interesting fields working here.

Aside from that, we have the standard startup perks, fun culture, nice pay and fast growth.

Cons

There are a bunch of couches and unused conference rooms throughout the office- some people are never at their desk when you need them so you have to do a lap around the office and The Wreck Room to see where they're hiding. Slightly annoying but workable.

And the caltrain station is a 15 minute walk, not 10!

I think the main reason there aren't very many cons listed in these reviews is that everyone's constantly encouraged to work on fixing the problems they see with the company. Employee participation and decision making is emphasized here more than I've seen at other companies.

Fast growth: personal career-wise and company-wise

I have been working at BloomReach full-time (more than an year)

Pros

All about the people. I get to go to work each day and be with people who care about what they do and spend the time to make sure I have an opportunity to learn what they know. Never a dull moment.

Cons

Very few cons. Each employee is provided with a large degree of freedom to change any aspects that might be a con.

With that being said, BloomReach has an open floor plan. While there are many benefits, for a certain type of person like myself, it can be difficult to focus at your desk. However, if I need to head to my home office to concentrate, everyone is very understanding.

Amazing technology, smart people and happy customers

I have been working at BloomReach full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a very sharp group of people tackling challenging problems. Largely free of drama and egos (and literally no politics). The rapid growth the company is going through and the pace of innovation are inspiring. And for a startup, there's a great work/life balance.

Cons

Tough place to keep up if you don't like a fast pace. It could also be an intimidating environment if you aren't both intelligent and confident.

Focus on keeping the culture through a period of fast growth.

An incredible company to work for

I worked at BloomReach full-time

Pros

Excellent individual autonomy and responsibility - you have the freedom to work on what you find motivating.
    Great company culture - hardworking and passionate!
    Amazing talent across the company - some of the smartest people you will ever work with
    Great leadership - leadership by example and incredibly talented leaders.
    Very interesting problems
    Fun coworkers

Cons

perhaps some better career development opportunities would be helpful

Interned for a summer, really loved it.

Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at BloomReach as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Chill culture, no-drama policy, MWF catered lunches

Cons

Not a lot of very young people

Give Macbooks to the new hires, not Aspires! (Aspires are somewhat slow)

BloomReach Photos