Bombardier Aerospace

Bombardier Aerospace Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Bombardier Aerospace President & CEO Pierre Beaudoin

Pierre Beaudoin

Pros
  • The company pushes the envelope on work life balance and they work with employees with Flexible schedules(in 16 reviews)

• Good benefits, very polite environment, proud to be Canadian(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • lack of technical methodologies and basic resources for doing decent engineering work(in 3 reviews)

• Middle management was lying to make a story to cover their mistake(in 4 reviews)

Treated like crap if you are lower than Manager level

ProsPeople I work with are very good and supportive

ConsMontreal HQ and the drones that work there. They do not respect anyone who is does not work there and have little regard for you if you do not have Manager in your title. Very very little opportunity for career advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a serious look at this Company that you are DESTROYING...it is the people on the ground floor who are supporting your grandeous titles and your flamboyant lifestyles...you are taking salaries that you do not deserve and pushing out substandard products. You are a disgrace.

Good place to work for for many years.

Senior Buyer (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsFringe benefits are excellent compared to other companies

ConsNot enough empathy and motivation

Great place for new Graduates

Project Manager (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGood place for new graduates to get learning experience
    Tremendous number of opportunities
    Work Life balance is achievable

ConsSalary may not be very competitive

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good employer. Many efforts to improve Employee Engagement and Enablement

Manager (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsChallenging project and initiatives
    Many opportunities
    International presence (and opennings)

ConsLow profitability (stock is under pressure in a continious basis)
    Compagny is under what seems to be permanent Cash Containment measures

Good company to work for but not very stable job.

Method Agent (Former Employee) Mirabel, QC (Canada)

ProsInteresting experience, I've learned a lot during my job. Good salary, great benefits. Vacation time and sick time are to be appreciated.

ConsOvertime not allowed anymore, not always a stable job, your are not allowed to say what you think in too many occasions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListening to the employees more often and try to follow their ideas from time to time. Communication and transparency should be improved.

Challenging, long hours, poorly managed

Methods Engineer (Current Employee) Wichita, KS (US)

ProsGreat cafe, cool people, private air shuttle to and from international locations

ConsPoor management, no training, long walk from parking

challenging work environment with opportunities to learn and broaden experience

Prosglobal company with opportunities for those that are mobile, good organizational effort to create a cohesive culture across all the different locations and business units

Conslack of leadership skills in all levels of management, global expansion is poorly supported by administration and HR, fire fighting mode is standard procedure

A comedy of errors.

Technical Integrator (Former Employee) Wichita, KS (US)

ProsLoved the people who work here. Developed many lasting professional relationships as well as friendships. Compensation was competitive.

ConsMany developmental errors in the program that cascaded down in the later stages of product development. A very difficult and stressful environment to work in. Due to the continual major design changes in the program, your best effort often felt squandered.

Company was in an interesting period, working for the new CSeries, it was intellectually challenging.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood helth benefits and people are frendly to work with.

Conslack of talent within Leadership and outsourcing was out of control

Advice to Senior Managementleadership needs to learn how to motivate and encourage technical people

A great place to work if you like roller coaster rides.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wichita, KS (US)

ProsProvides a fair benefit package. Decent income replacement programs. Accrued Vacation

ConsDeteriorating pay & growth opportunities. Layoffs. Good workers are overburdened & stressed. Company doesn't value loyalty & good work ethics.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop waste. Be clear what you want. Share profits.

Worked for Bombardier Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!