Boots

Updated 27 February 2015
3.4

Boots Managing Director Simon Roberts
Simon Roberts

Pros
  • Staff discount was good and always felt appreciated as an employe (in 25 reviews)

• Always had good discount for Boots products and double discount days for staff (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and not enough FTE mean that quite often the store has long queues (in 11 reviews)

• customer service ethic disappears beyond the application and interview (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

A Great First Job

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Basildon, South East England, England
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Basildon, South East England, England

I worked at Boots part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly Staff, Cared about Employees, variety of work

Cons

Managers would not always back up staff with customer problems

Mar 03, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback

great team, good training, nice staff

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England

I worked at Boots part-time (less than a year)

Pros

good atmosphere and good team

Cons

repetitive duties, long hours potentially

more rotations

Mar 03, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your employment with Boots.

great place to work

I have been working at Boots part-time (more than a year)

Pros

flexibility, opportunities, friendly, good working hours

Cons

none none none none none

Feb 18, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your employment with Boots.

Amazing job - best for a student

Current Employee - Trainee Healthcare Assistant in Shepherds Bush, England
    Current Employee - Trainee Healthcare Assistant in Shepherds Bush, England

I have been working at Boots

Pros

-pays well
    -good staff discount
    -paid holiday
    -sick pay
    -a generally good environment: happy, full of life, making customers feel good

Cons

Different in every store depending on manager, some could be strict, some could be very laid-back making the environment much more enjoyable.

Uniform policies - some managers are really specific about wearing BOOTS uniform only however for someone like me who is tiny most of their bottoms/skirts don't fit and had issues with my manage (i had to alter my skirt privately in order to please my manager) whereas in other stores i could just wear a navy blue skirt similar to boots one and it's just fine.

Feb 18, 2015

Your insights are much appreciated and taken into consideration.

Good

Former Contractor - Optometrist in Oxford, England
    Former Contractor - Optometrist in Oxford, England

I worked at Boots as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

High standards at all levels

Cons

Clinical records paper - not computerised

Paper records are cumbersome and inefficient

Feb 18, 2015

Thank you for the review. We value all the feedback we receive.

1st great 2nd year not so great

Former Employee - Finance Analyst in Nottingham, England
    Former Employee - Finance Analyst in Nottingham, England

I worked at Boots full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great benefits including decent holiday allowance, bonus, flexible working, working from home ocassionly

Cons

poor IT systems, Forced distribution performance management meaning even if your doing your job your ranked against the rest of your team so potentially you could rated below expectations. Ie 10% placed in exceeding expectations, 10% below, and say 40/40 either approaching or meeting expectations, face has to fit.

stop using out dated performance management tools.

Mar 03, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We will escalate this insight further.

Boots warehouse

Current Employee - Warehouse Operator in Burton upon Trent, England
    Current Employee - Warehouse Operator in Burton upon Trent, England

I have been working at Boots part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Different positions as a Warehouse operative, or worker is not a challange to take. After a quite short training, you are ready to go and through the year you will mostly be provived with work. I would also mention that after you get used to the job you do, it is quite easy and barely stressful, however these facts might be changing depending on your position.

Cons

After working here for one and a half year, i have met a lot of problems in how different things and cases are being handled. Most of these are not really significant, but still existing system, equipment and management errors/malfunctions. I also feel like it is nearly impossible to make a career out of your job, but most of the people are not even aiming at that, so that is hardly surprising. I have also seen a few promotions/demotions which did not really make any sense, especially putting contracted supervisors/managers into position they barely had any experience with /pointing at different departments/. The workplace is also focused about seasonal peak times, (roughly from July-August till January) which results in overrecruting people, and then towards the end of the peak, with the danger of losing your job nonetheless the performance you were making.

I am not really in a position to say any advice about anything, but i would still write down a few things here. It would be nice to pay a little bit more attention to the colleagues and to the existing problems which are slightly disrupting the flow of work. While our feedback might not be so useful, i am more than sure that some of the colleagues, especially those who have been working for a long time have decent suggestions and concerns about certain things.

Feb 09, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights. They will be escalated further.

Good place

I have been working at Boots

Pros

Good place to work. Good team.good hours, good perks

Cons

No downsides I an think of. A lovely place to work.

Feb 09, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your employment with Boots.

Great working at Boots, very friendly team and everyone is always available to help with questions

Former Employee - Customer Assistant in London, England
    Former Employee - Customer Assistant in London, England

I worked at Boots part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Really enjoyed the training programme, they showed a genuine care for my learning and development. I started as a customer assistant and was able to be healthcare trained very quickly.

Cons

Difficult working with some angry customers but managers usually take control of the situation, so it was not too bad.

Good management, constantly got new managers in however I liked the fast-paced environment

Jan 26, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed working for Boots.

Great company

I worked at Boots

Pros

Had a nice with both management and staff..very welcoming right from the first day. So i enjoyed my work all thru even though i was just there for the xmas period and was not taken on.
    Not so sure if i would be paid again as i worked a week more before my contract ended..was paid on 19th as payday for workers after working for like 3weeks,but my contract ended 28th..can someone help in this please..a bit confused.

Cons

Had really long queues especially weekends and we were a bit short on weekend staffs..so i had to shuttle btwn stocking shelves and working at the till.
    And alsi standing for hours without even resting until lunch break.

They should have more staffs during weekends and also have list of working periods for staff displayed before the week runs out. Cos i had difficulty in knowing what shift i was on everyday.

Jan 26, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I advise you to contact your Line Manager to find out more about your pay. We are grateful for all your feedback.