Booz & Company

Booz & Company Reviews in New York City, NY US

Updated Jun 15, 2014

Booz & Company CEO Cesare R. Mainardi

Cesare R. Mainardi

Pros
  • Excellent clients and some truly wonderful and very smart people who are great mentors(in 29 reviews)

• Great people in the Middle East, very weak in the rest of the world(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance depends on project and / or project manager(in 62 reviews)

• Bad work life balance - Consultants are expected to work long hours and on week-ends(in 32 reviews)

53 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Talented, smart people

Senior Associate SA1 (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsInteresting clients and projects. Smart project team members. Challenging in a good way. Is a great way to set up long term career in terms of compensation and interesting job opportunities.

ConsWork / life balance is very challenging. As much as seniors want to put programs in place to better this, it remains challenging. The projects are demanding and require more than standard industry hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementActively listen to feedback from juniors

in one word i should say it's great .................and awesome service

Internet Jobs (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Proslove to stay with this trusted company bcz lots of good reviews i see and got high perfomance from there. thanks

Conswould love to do the challenging marketing jobs always

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease try to concentrated to create new updated system

Overall good but....

Transaction Processing (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ (US)

ProsLaid back. Everyone works well together. Upper management seems to be stressed all the time. Non-client facing staff seems to be happier.

ConsI am a little impatient but I feel as if my talents are not being put to good use. I have an accounting degree and they have me processing basic work. I have spoken but it seems like my enthusiasm is worth nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk employees what they want to do. Ask them how they would like to advance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Acquired by Pwc

Associate I (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsFew changes during buy and hold period of 1-year

ConsUnknown changes after 1 year

Choose your own adventure

Consultant II (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsPeople are smart, humble, generally kind, and very hardworking. There are lots of opportunities for you if you take the initiative and are very proactive in seeking out projects and connections at the firm. Younger members of the team are often allowed to take on exception amount of responsibility.

ConsSometimes the chain of command is too loosely structured and people at all levels are lost scratching their heads (esp. on a project with weak partners). "Up or on" system does not select for good leadership -- it selects for hard workers and crowd pleasers.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow Booz to take on more of an identity of its own. Let people be themselves and loosen up the appraisal system to focus more on how people contribute to the identity of Booz and a positive work environment rather than only on how much they please clients. This will allow us to build a sense of identity and comaraderie that will ultimately improve our work and client relationships.

Great, Creative Experience with Terrific People

Internal Professional (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsVery good collaborators.
    Opportunity for creative thinking, and diversity of views is rewarded.
    People have a distinctive view of how to create value in companies.
    There are some powerful events and gatherings that generate very distinctive knowledge.

ConsThe viability of the firm's future is uncertain.
    There is never enough money to invest in the infrastructure the firm needs.
    We are just learning how to bring difficult issues to the surface.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow your own advice on "fitness for growth"

Good place to work, smart people

Senior Principal (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsStrong culture, Entrepreneur spirit, Problem Solving

ConsNot global and wants to sell itself

Advice to Senior ManagementStay independent

Some people are fantastic, others are stuck in the past.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsDo important work for big companies. If you find a senior person to take you under his/her wing, you can carve your own path. Some opportunity for international experiences for those interested.

ConsLack of pride in the brand among staff due to second-tier perception. Mergers over the past years have created tension in the organization, though the Katzenbach merger in particular was a plus.

Good experience, good opportunity

Senior Associate SA3 (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsEntrepreneurial environment
    Practice what they preach
    Clear and consistent career development

ConsStruggles to consistently hold an identity in the market
    Some partners less interested in supporting staff than others

Great management consulting firm

Senior Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsLots of smart, down-to-earth people

ConsNeeds to do more strategy work in order to break into the tier of McK, Bain, and BCG

Advice to Senior ManagementFolks who leave / asked to leave could be better treated and helped. If they were, alumni would recruit Booz for more projects for their current employers. As it is, Booz alumni are not as fond of Booz -- unlike peers from McK, BCG, and Bain

Worked for Booz & Company? Contribute to the Community!