Bridgepoint Education

www.bridgepointeducation.com
Profile Unclaimed

Maturing company, going in the right direction.

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. Focus on improving lives of students. Maturing and headed in the right direction.

Cons

Fewer opportunities within the company than there used to be.

It's a great company to start your career with.

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are amazing and you gain experience in a corporate setting. It was a great way for me to learn the ins and outs of the corporate work environment.

Cons

The position I was in could get monotonous; finding ways to make the workday more enjoyable for entry-level employees could reduce turn-over rate.

It would benefit employees in entry level positions to gain experience in other job functions. I would suggest an official internal internship or mentoring program to help employees advance their careers.

One Way or Another Get That Student to Admissions

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits & pay, however not all time off requests are honored, even with plenty of notice. Weekend shifts are required. Supportive team environment.

Cons

Managers are inconsistent in communicating with their teams changes from upper management. Policies are constantly changing as the university evolves. Shifts, management and team changes are continual. Being flexible is expected. Weekend shifts are mandatory and there is no extra pay for working weekends. Work is not challenging, no room for advancement. Dead end job.

Quality conversations with students matter vs. quick as possible. There needs to be room for advancement and leadership within the department as the jobs are not challenging.

Educational Sales Admissions Counselor

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and only need 30 credits to start.

Cons

On the phones all day.

Balance leads to admissions counselors.

Overall, not a bad job

I worked at Bridgepoint Education

Pros

Great benefits, 401k match, very low stress, friendly atmosphere

Cons

For-profit online education is a dying industry

Keep doing what you are doing

Don't Waste Your Time!!!

Former Employee - IT Manager in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - IT Manager in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Bridgepoint Education

Pros

None! There is no personal growth, and the management is poor.

Cons

Bridgepoint has some serious prolems within the organization. There is no upward careeer mobility. Management does not listen to any recommendations by its employees, nor do they bring on the most qualified people they interview. Bridgepoint is known for interviewing a dozen people at a time and then never extending an offer. Only to repeat the process again, again, and again. Many times they will tell the people prior to the interview a specific salary range just to get their foot in the door. If Bridgepoint does extend an offer, they do the old Bait-and-Switch with a lower salary figure. If you are looking to move your career upward I would highly recommend not wasting your time with Bridgepoint!

Quit!

Would you tell your mother, wife, or sister to stay with a good looking rich guy that mentally abuses her 24/7?

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow employees. Nice building. Benefits.

Cons

They think they own you and you should have no life outside of work. Good luck trying to use your great benefits, won't get a dentist appointment approved- ever. Also, they micro-manage worse than the DEA in a meth house raid. You won't be able to take a number 2 in the restroom without being questioned where were you for 2 minutes. They give you the worst, beat-up leads that are over 5 years old and expect you to convert them or they will write you up for not meeting their core competencies. They get very intimidated if you question their unethical sales tactics and will fire you immediately if you say you believe they practice unethical sales tactics. I had a student that her husband was a marine and he was killed in the war so she wanted to take a break in between her class so I told her it was fine and my manager was listening to the call and wrote me up for not being able to overcome her objection of wanting to put off school. I looked at my manager and told her I have morals and karma will have its way with her. I had 11 different managers in 3 years and also 5 different directors. If you are a minority and love to brown nose - you will be promoted quickly if you drink the Kool-Aid like they tell you too. They will degrade you, ride you, and threaten your job every hour on the hour. I was making great money in a very tough job market in San Diego, CA and I would rather eat out of a trash can in the men's bathroom on the beach and sleep in prison in Tijuana, Mexico than put up with micro-managing, losers that would enroll anyone as long as they qualify for financial aid.

Better go to church every Sunday because you are in line for the incinerator in hell!

All jobs have honeymoon phase

Former Employee - Facilities Associate
    Former Employee - Facilities Associate

I worked at Bridgepoint Education

Pros

I enjoyed working here as I had friends and family that also worked at the company. I had a great opportunity to cross train in different positions.

Cons

when I cross trained I ended up doing the job of someone else, a position that was much higher paid than I was and I did the job better than her. When that person left the company, I did her job. When I was offered the position they were only going to give me a 5% raise which wasn't even in the neighborhood of what that position should have been paid.

Don't take advantage of a hard working employee to do the work of someone else if you aren't going to compensate them accordingly.

Good people.

Former Employee - Facilities in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Facilities in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Grew too fast and couldn't get it's legs underneath them.

Hire quality, not quantity.

Must be Numbers Driven

Former Employee - Student Inquiry Coordinator in Poway, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Student Inquiry Coordinator in Poway, CA (US)

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They do a good job of attempting to keep employee morale up. Good pay for what you actually do. Hard to find a job... actually nearly impossible to find a job that pays this well for something that doesn't take a lot of brain power. Fun co-workers. Free food every now and again. Free access to on-site gym. Excellent health coverage.

Cons

Very monotonous. Numbers are essentially all that matter. Even though your job may be to "help" and qualify prospective students, the goal is to make the company money even if your gut says no... they will tell you yes in order to hit numbers and attempt to make a profit. That part can kind of mess with your head.

Try to see things from a subordinate perspective. Don't look at us as a means to an end in order to keep your cush salary.

Bridgepoint Education Photos