Burger King

www.burgerking.com

Burger King Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Daniel Schwartz

Pros
  • Get paid weekly, 50% discount on lunch and sometimes get to bring home free food(in 37 reviews)

• Opportunity to gain great experience in a fast paced environment(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • no work-life balance, extreme amount of work due to lack of people(in 14 reviews)

• Long hours, no offices, no sense of being a part of something bigger(in 24 reviews)

The Franchise wheel is broke. Corporate should look beyond the smiles/smoke

Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, OH (US)

ProsExcellent brand name and products.

ConsLack accountability and follow-up with training on the franchise side. Thus, high turnovers in hourly/management. The consumer receives luke warm if lucky product and service.

didnt really like it

Cashier (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

Prosits a job and i like my custmer

Conswost manger i every had

Advice to Senior Managementneed better mangers

Less Pay.

Cook (Current Employee) Jackson, MS (US)

Prosi like working at burger king because its hands on

Consyou have to have speed and very good patient

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant manager

ProsThe people you work with are interesting in their own way and if you work there long enough you get a vacation.

ConsYou work hard and others get credit for it. No real growth in company.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize who are real team players and show some type of appreciation. When evaluating one person put it towards that one individual not try and put others down fall on them. Promote when it is due.

Favoritism wins out at Burger King

Swing Manager (Former Employee) Toledo, OH (US)

Prosworked around my school schedule

ConsLow pay, poor benefits, upper management pretends to care, long hours and work most holidays

Advice to Senior ManagementBennett Management should keep a better eye on the performance of their stores instead of waiting until the last minute to make changes or enforce policy changes.

For 10+ years it was great ! Then 3G came along...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis was a great place to work until the company was bought in 2010 by 3G. It deteriorated quickly after a massive layoff of a lot of very hard working, talented people. If you are young and inexperienced you will get a title.

ConsLong hours, no offices, no sense of being a part of something bigger. Longevity and experience is not valued.

Very cheap company. High turnover rate. Not good experience for you beginners out there.

Team Crew Member (Current Employee) Hesperia, CA (US)

ProsIf your store is busy or you're scheduled specifically for rush hours, your hours will seem much shorter.

ConsVery stressed GM's usually. This is a high stress job if your place is busy almost all the time. Not worth the pay. Plus, since

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease teach managers how to handle stressful rush hours. Also, I think it would be wise to have 1 or 2 more people in the kitchen.

Fast food is a very stressful environment to work for!

Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsManagers are very laid back. If you are hard worker, this job is for you! Given a lot of hours! Last resort job. Can get free food

ConsThe pay is minimum wage and daly interaction with rude customers, especially in drive-thru. Management is alright but it can be better like giving raises for people who have been working there for a long time or doing a good job. People have been working in my BK have like 7-10 years and NO RAISE! NOT EVEN A PENNY! The GM looks like she only cares for employees when the restaurant is understaffed which happens a lot because new employees (especially the young adults) cant stand the pressure for $8.25 (Illinois minimum wage)! At least the employees who stay get more hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake refunds and food spoils a little laid back. At least a little higher pay like .50 to .75 more because of all the stress employees go for

It was ok.

Cashier (Former Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsGet to meet new people.

ConsThere was no challenges at burger king.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach us more.

At burger king I got an opportunity to meet some very intriguing individuals, who have taught me how to be prepared.

Cashier (Current Employee) Port Allen, LA (US)

ProsYou will learn great customer service skills. You will encounter all sorts of people from across the country. Also you have the opportunity to get insurance if you don't have any. The team members are very nice and encouraging. You can receive promotions by completing your guru and also by moving up in each level.

Consthe only con would be the amount of hours given.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that if someone is willing to work hard, then they should be recommended by staff to receive more hours if needed.

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!