CBRE

CBRE Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

CBRE President & CEO Robert E. Sulentic

Robert E. Sulentic

Pros
  • There is no work-life balance and they always try to low-ball when you get hired(in 23 reviews)

• Best in business for commercial real estate(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance not always honored due to competitiveness within the company(in 14 reviews)

• May just focus on upper management development rather than the lower ranks(in 18 reviews)

Do not feel appreciated as a fellow employee....

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsCBRE remote program....Community involvement initiatives. ...

ConsIf allowed, no work life balance....Field teams (fellow CBRE employees are demanding, disrespectful, and don't want to do their job lack of adequate IT support...

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace some emphasis on acquiring and retaining top talent.....in the long run, you will have spent more because of the high turnover...

Good experience except low pay

Office Leasing Executive (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsMy colleagues (from other departments) are my main reason for staying. Besides this, there isn't much job promotion.

ConsNo support from the management and HR Department to the employees. No development opportunities and no visionary thinking. No incentive and appreciation given to employees for the effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen more doors and appreciate the employees more.

I love this place

ProsThis place has a great friendly, but business attitude. As long as you get your work down there is time to laugh and play. Some senior managers are here to help you and pull you to the top!

ConsSome people dont enjoy seeing others move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the communication open and want the best for each employee

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dynamic, empowering work environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

Prosdynamic corporate culture, empowering, career advancement opportunities, ethical company, industry leader, diversity

ConsThe company has over 44,000 employees worldwide, so if you're looking to become a big player within a company, certainly the challenge is steeper. That said, the company does everything possible to set you up to succeed, because your success is the company's success, so there are very few artificial ceilings.

Awesome company to work for!

Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGreat perks, highly motivated individuals, well known across the globe, whats not to like.

ConsYou can work all day, 7 days a week and there will still be more work to do.

An excellent place to work and grow professionally

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsChallenged daily to improve processes for client operations

ConsCompensation was low for what is expected, that said, very generous bonus plans and benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementReview compensation strategy to attract and retain best employees

Great people to work with

ProsGreat, talented people to work with. Great presence in the market.

ConsHas silos and harder to build client base because of internal competition.

SAFETY FIRST

Building Engineer (Current Employee) Staten Island, NY (US)

ProsThere's always work to be done

ConsSalary doesn't compensate for cost of living

Good Company, but lacks "family" environment

ProsKnowledgeable people, available/open management, growing company

ConsSuch a large company, you lose the "family" environment; benefits are decent but are not great for a Fortune 500 company

Significantly Underpaid - Unreasonable Expectations - No Opportunity For Growth

Assistant Real Estate Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe chance to work with institutional clients on a variety of assets.

ConsAssistant Manager in Orange County, CA: If you're experienced and motivated except to work 10+ hours a day; compensation is significantly below market rate; absolutely no defined scope of work and no room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementA corporation is only as valuable as its leaders. Excessive workload combined with a submarket compensation package only drives away the talent which allows CBRE to be such a profitable entity. More importantly it jeopardises the integrity of the firm as a whole and puts the entire corporation at severe risk...

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!