CBRE

CBRE Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

CBRE President & CEO Robert E. Sulentic

Robert E. Sulentic

Pros
  • There is no work-life balance and they always try to low-ball when you get hired (in 24 reviews)

• Best in business for commercial real estate (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance not always honored due to competitiveness within the company (in 14 reviews)

• May just focus on upper management development rather than the lower ranks (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company but management style depends on the account. Apparently no oversight from HQ,

Facility Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGood people at the grass-roots level. Prior to taking a position, try to talk to a current employee on that specific account.

ConsNon-communicative management on certain accounts, no correction or attention from above. BUT, that depends on the account, some have really great leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood time to spend some budget on 360-Feedback. They tout Respect but there was very little from Senior Mgt towards those who actually did face time with the client. Smoke and mirrors.

Good company to work for, but have to put in a lot of effort to be noticed.

Operating Engineer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros-Have some very solid leadership in place in some areas.
    -Great parties and gatherings.
    -Very good company and platform.

Cons-Work load can be heavy at times, and will not be compensated for it.
    -You have to make sure that management notices the amount of work and effort you are putting in.
    -Vacation time was not great previously, but they have addressed the issue more or less.
    -Limited growth path.

Advice to Senior Management-Be more open to employee ideas and suggestions, instead of having the attitude of "we're management, and we know better.
    -Stop the rampant nepotism.

Do not feel appreciated as a fellow employee....

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsCBRE remote program....Community involvement initiatives. ...

ConsIf allowed, no work life balance....Field teams (fellow CBRE employees are demanding, disrespectful, and don't want to do their job lack of adequate IT support...

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace some emphasis on acquiring and retaining top talent.....in the long run, you will have spent more because of the high turnover...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best national real estate company with good reason.

Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsA structured and organized real estate organization filled with highly professional individuals. Those who can't produce will not flourish here.

ConsSome may view this as a con - internal training takes a little time at this organization. It pays large dividends long-term.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management is very highly structured. If you are at team player and well qualified you can succeed in this highly organized environment. It has been my experience that Senior Management is willing to become involved and offer support as much as needed.

awesome

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people great opportunities awesome

Consmanageable but steep working code

Advice to Senior Managementgood

I love this place

ProsThis place has a great friendly, but business attitude. As long as you get your work down there is time to laugh and play. Some senior managers are here to help you and pull you to the top!

ConsSome people dont enjoy seeing others move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the communication open and want the best for each employee

Dynamic, empowering work environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

Prosdynamic corporate culture, empowering, career advancement opportunities, ethical company, industry leader, diversity

ConsThe company has over 44,000 employees worldwide, so if you're looking to become a big player within a company, certainly the challenge is steeper. That said, the company does everything possible to set you up to succeed, because your success is the company's success, so there are very few artificial ceilings.

Awesome company to work for!

Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGreat perks, highly motivated individuals, well known across the globe, whats not to like.

ConsYou can work all day, 7 days a week and there will still be more work to do.

An excellent place to work and grow professionally

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsChallenged daily to improve processes for client operations

ConsCompensation was low for what is expected, that said, very generous bonus plans and benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementReview compensation strategy to attract and retain best employees

Great people to work with

ProsGreat, talented people to work with. Great presence in the market.

ConsHas silos and harder to build client base because of internal competition.

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!