Cablevision Systems

Cablevision Systems Reviews

Updated 16 December 2014
Updated 16 December 2014
3.1

Cablevision Systems President, CEO, and Director; Chairman, Madison Square Garden; and Governor, New York Knicks James L. Dolan
James L. Dolan

Pros
  • Free cable, internet and phone, including all premium channels is great (in 30 reviews)

• Great Benefits, If you earn less than 50K your health insurance is Free (in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • The reps at my call center are what I would consider as a consumer, to be pretty professional (in 18 reviews)

• Depending on your department, there is not much room for growth (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

It was good pay if you wanted to sacrifice your life and waste years away.

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative Tier II in Shelton, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative Tier II in Shelton, CT (US)

I worked at Cablevision Systems

Pros

The pay and good benefits

Cons

No life, no time for family and friends. The company wants to literally own you.

Get better shift opportunities. Especially the workers who actually studied computers that do technical support.

If you love micro management this company is for you!!

Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Bronx, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Bronx, NY (US)

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co workers (you all are usually on the same page), good pay and good benefits no srguing that.

Cons

Supervosors either love you or want to fire you if you don't get along with them or management, regardless of how good you are. Micro management at its best!! Late one minute and it goes into their Harry Pottor book of secrets. Late again even if it's weeks later and you're summoned to a sit down. You're given time for the year, barely any at that. 40 sick hours and 30 personal. If you run out and you take any more you risk being fired. Go on FMLA you risk being fired. You're going to be a little late one day and maybe another in a week or so and you use your time (as they tell you to) don't be surprised if you're fired. Do something, say something or end up on the wrong end of the favoritism structure? Fired. The company runs like a robot. Everything recorded down to the second and there's no sense of a personalized work environment. I guess it's s curse and a blessing at the same time. Also if you like rule changes every week this Job is for you!!! Apply now! The money is in sales but the nonsense doesn't go away there either. Also be prepared for issues the company knows they have with their product, that they know they never fix, and just make tickets and tell their customers to reset their boxes and modems to feel better. A day in the life of cable right here in a nut shell.

This list would be way too long.

Not a Fan

Former Employee - Network Integration Engineer in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Network Integration Engineer in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The paychecks always cleared, so there's that.

Cons

Politics, politics, politics. That sums it up.

Producer

I worked at Cablevision Systems

Pros

Good team of employees, worked well together. Salary and work environment were decent. Really enjoy the job, and there is plenty of creative freedom.

Cons

Management doesn't value its employees. Always looking for ways to downsize. Our area was heavily layed off, which was a shame because many talented people lost their jobs.

Rather than focusing on the bottom line and your bonus checks, pay more attention to the staff, show appreciation, really value your staff. Look for alternatives to laying off good people- why not try reducing your own salaries and saving a few jobs during difficult economic times? Just a thought.

A great learning opportunity

Current Employee - Advertising Account Executive
    Current Employee - Advertising Account Executive

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time

Pros

While working at this company, I was given almost complete autonomy in my role and was able to learn a lot in a short period of time. There was flexibility of hours and personal time management. The company had great benefits for employees and encouraged us to use our vacation days, etc. I also had the opportunity to meet with clients directly and network with high-level executives in various industries.

Cons

There wasn't much room for career growth. Most of the large accounts were already taken by seasoned execs so it was also very difficult to find them. Recently commission was reduced to 9% per month, which is a little deterring.

Please try expanding personal growth opportunities and open up accounts to all AEs. One person should not manage all of the same types of accounts.

great company for technology and customer service based positions.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY (US)

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, including Free Cable, internet and phone, Excellent medical and investment options.

Cons

Although there are always advancement options, progress and promotions can come rather slowly depending on the department. No programs to help recent grads, not enough employee development plans.

invest more in your employees. those employees who are trying to be better assets, furthering their education should be given more advancement opportunities instead of managers favorites.

Prince Charming turning back into a frog?

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Health insurance, residential service for free. Paid vacation.

Cons

Extremely high turn over. Unfortunately the company's employees are not being valued as we used to. Management is getting greedy and employees are not people anymore. Promotions are very limited. Corporate is only focused on making money and being good to customers. They forget that is their employees the ones that make it all happen! I have been waiting for a transfer for months with not one follow up phone call. Corporate has their own agenda and will not be transparent unless they have to.

Value your long term employees. Adjust your goals so that we can stay with the company. Be loyal the way you expect us to be loyal.

Great Company To Work For!

Former Employee - Manager in Oakland, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Oakland, NJ (US)

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, annual salary increases, supportive co-workers and manager, great vacation/holiday/sick time

Cons

Heavy workload, sometimes long hours, often many software issues.

Some upper VPs shouldn't make decisions on paper, but rather should understand what the people who actually perform the jobs are really doing.

Step up to the challenge

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time

Pros

If you work hard you will be rewarded

Cons

Must walk the walk of the new leadership or else you find yourself on the other side of the door

Poor Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Human Resources in Bethpage, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Bethpage, NY (US)

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The cable benefit is great, and the rest of the benefit offerings are good. Starting salaries are competitive.

Cons

The work life balance is very poor. The workload is unmanageable and there is a lot of favoritism and social promotions. It's a shame because it used to be a wonderful place to work, but over the last two years, it's become miserable.

Cablevision Systems Photos