Campbell Soup

Campbell Soup Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Campbell Soup President and CEO Denise Morrison

Denise Morrison

Pros
  • One can achieve a fairly good work/life balance in most departments(in 16 reviews)

• Great people who take pride in doing good work(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be a challenge because cutbacks over the last several years have required everyone to do more with less(in 3 reviews)

• Senior management relies too much on middle management and have caused many failures in business projects(in 4 reviews)

my review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood pay and benefits package

Consno cons, very good company

I worked at Campbell Soup for more than 10 years.

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people who take pride in doing good work. Opportunity to develop strong analytical skills to get management to support your ideas. Company really values strong finance and analytical background/expertise. Strong brand equity and consumer recognition. Great benefits overall depending on position.

ConsStill too conservative and risk-adverse. Needs to be more agile in making decisions. Flat organization leaves little room for upward mobility or diversity of roles/responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage and reward intelligent risk-taking and creativity. Provide employees with greater autonomy to make decisions impacting business. Need greater flexibility and responsiveness when addressing market and customer needs.

Campbell Soup

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCampbell Soup has a rich history and diversified brands and you can learn a lot about how to run a business. They also pay well and have an on-site child care center and gym.

ConsWork/life balance can be a challenge because cutbacks over the last several years have required everyone to do more with less. Some managers will allow you to work from home, but this is necessary because dependent on your role you can work 50-60+ hours each week.

It is hard to move up if you are well networked with the right people. This can be frustrating at times.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

average experience. lots of older, mature folk, so the culture is very mature.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosmajority of team members are supportive

ConsMajority of the individuals are well into their career, so not ideal for a new graduate (better off in a rotational or new grad position)

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that new graduates are fairly new to the business environment, so patience is imperative to have!

Temp to hire without the hire

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsEmployee pay is nice, free soup is nice too.

ConsA lot of miscommunications and disorganization

great experience

Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

Prosexcellent training, very safe, great benefits, good learning experience, unionized, company store, good products for kids,

Conssome coworkers had ben working at campbells 20-30-40 years had never seen the inside of another company therefore did not know what it what they had I was there for only 6 years

Advice to Senior Managementlisten, listen, listen, get to know your workers, focus on the situation of event not the person

Company in need of a vision.

Brand Manager (Current Employee) Camden, NJ (US)

Pros- People
    - Team-based
    - Compensation & Benefits
    - Cafeteria makes incredible food
    - Leadership attempts goal setting
    - Steadily adding structure to chaos

Cons- Goals often unrealistic
    - Sole Short-term performance focus (publicly traded)
    - Declining as competitors rebound/grow (1st Qtr for their 2014)
    - Restructuring Annually (not impacted, but creates work stress - 3 years in a row)

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek buyout by Heinz

A high performance organization.

ProsCampbell values their employees, encourages problem solving, training, and innovation.

ConsIf you like the overtime, its there, however if you value spending weekends with loved ones, depending on workload and resources, you will be forced to work the overtime as with any food factory.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing an outstanding job!

Nothing but a learning and growing experience

ProsWork life balance
    Compensation
    Experience opportunities
    People (depending on department and level of engagement)

ConsMovement is slow
    Growth opportunities can be limited depending on department

Advice to Senior ManagementActively work and communicate with high potential employees to move to higher level positions.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Camden, NJ (US)

ProsCampbell Soup Company is a good place to work. They hire people with strong academic background and skills. The company has been acquiring numerous outside companies recently which should increase the revenue.

ConsCompany has had several reorganizations in the last few years and let employees go. Unknown if more layoff are coming in the future.

Worked for Campbell Soup? Contribute to the Community!