Capco
www.capco.com Edegem, Belgium 1000 to 5000 Employees

Capco Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014
Capco – New York – “Cafe”

Capco CEO Rob Heyvaert

Rob Heyvaert

Pros:
  • "However, working there is such a bad experience that one still might learn a lot from it"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Easy access to senior people who you can learn a lot from"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "This is all they want to do in the future so if you join now do not expect management consulting"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Mostly a body shop with little investment in training"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Exciting and growing company, great place to start your career

Associate Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Capco full-time for less than a year

ProsCapco pride themselves on being different from other larger consultancies. There is a great atmosphere among the staff, many socials and everyone is approachable within the company regardless of level. Roles are meaningful and contain responsibility from the start. Promotions are merit based and occur when the individual is ready, not when they've fulfilled a set amount of time at the company.

ConsA lot of emphasis on you to drive you own career, help and formal networks exist but the approach won't fit people who prefer a very structured career development plan (no set amount of time for each level). Explosive growth has left some of the company's processes behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't try and please everyone.

Rewarding

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDynamic culture, opportunity to drive your own career, rewarding management

ConsCould increase the frequency of communication about senior management policies and company direction

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish consistency in performance management across different accounts and PMs

Want a career in Consulting? You certainly won't find it here

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFree coffee - that is literally it.

Cons- #Proudcrowd - What a Joke. This is just an excuse for the 'inner circle' clique to openly dictate the direction and culture of the company. Get rid of it, it's incredibly damaging
- Bad Projects - Capco do not have good projects. Expect to either do BAU roles or Change Sourcing.
- Terrible talent - I have never met so many incompetent 'consultants' - especially at SC/PC level. There are a lot of people who managed to get promoted to this level, purely through being part of the right 'crowd'

Advice to Senior Management- Quit - you are destroying the firm in the process of trying to fill your pockets.
- Stop hiring so quickly, there need's to be more real thought into how you build this organisation
- Stop chasing big bodyshop projects, the work you are doing is not consulting.

Fun...but incompetant

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than a year

Prossalary and bonus are good. Small perks like off-sites, parties and corporate gifts. Sense of Community to some extent

Consthe type of work is low value and boyshopped. As an employee it's very low level compared to competitors (boring, implementation only). Company is signing large deals for boring work (termed change sourcing). the company's core is ex-accenture and it's these memebers who are promoted over skilled equivs. very political at times. Furthermore due to a need to hire many 2nd or 3rd tier staff are less experienced than 1st tier. Hence a lot of incompetent hires there.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to be accenture. it's obvious you're filling your pockets.

Exciting and compassionate

Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Capco full-time for less than a year

ProsForward thinking company that values its employees.

ConsCapco is really quite good and has no obvious cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great company

I have been working at Capco

ProsVaried work with lots of responsibility

ConsNeed to know the right people

Great culture and leadership

I have been working at Capco

ProsHuge growth shared with employees through promotion and career opportunity

ConsLess structured than big 4 firms

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue focus on culture

Its ok if you have NO other offers and you are running out of money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Capco full-time for more than a year

Pros- Compensation is good for a consultancy (but not for a Financial Services company as a whole)
- The Head of UK is a great guy, always there to listen for problems. Truly an inspirational guy.
- Fun people

Cons- Personally speaking senior management is a bit of a joke.
- You WILL end up in a boring project that offers you nothing and you are learning nothing.
- You will quickly discover that you are not getting better at anything. On the contrary!
- They dont care about your career.
- Hire and fire culture
- Very very cliquey place

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are trying so hard for the industry to perceive you as an innovative constancy but you are doing nothing to get your own staff to think of you this way. You need to understand more what people want. If you can't offer it then let them know beforehand. Don't mislead them in interviews.

Confused

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNo bureaucracy, employees have ability to follow their interests and improve the company

ConsLess and less good quality work, more and more body shopping

Advice to Senior ManagementGood quality people are hard to find, think what perception you want to create in the market long term

A great place to work

Principal Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than a year

ProsMeritocracy - most companies claim to be a meritocracy, Capco actually is... employees are promoted when they are ready, not once they have done a certain amount of time in a role.

Opportunities - I have had more opportunities and progressed more quickly at Capco than at any previous company due to the support and coaching I have been given.

Culture - Capco has a friendly 'open door' culture - everyone is encouraged to network across levels and everyone is extremely approachable. Capco also has a huge variety of sporting and social clubs and has regular 'town hall' meetings to get all employees together.

Innovative - Capco encourages innovation in all areas and if you have a good idea, you're encouraged to drive the project.

ConsIf you want someone else to take responsibility for your career, Capco is not the place for you - employees are provided with the support to drive and take responsibility for their own career but this style may not be for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure the Capco culture remains as the company grows.

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capco reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Capco CEO Rob Heyvaert. All 129 reviews are posted anonymously by Capco employees.