Capgemini

Capgemini Reviews in United States

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Capgemini CEO and Director Paul Hermelin

Paul Hermelin

Pros
  • Work life balance is not that great but felt better than my previous company experiences(in 221 reviews)

• The work culture is good and flat hierarchy system really makes it a good place to work(in 189 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining a healthy work life balance can be a challenge sometimes(in 77 reviews)

• 9 1/2 hrs work is the stupid decision took by senior management(in 58 reviews)

459 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

capgemini

Prosgood benefits, nice office, fun place to work

Constime-off, work / life balance, growth,

Advice to Senior Managementincentives

Great Company!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRoom for growth and advancement.

ConsTraining is not as comprehensive as other companies.

Principal, Business Information Management Consulting

Principal (Former Employee)

ProsI worked with a lot of smart, motivated, friendly people. I sill stay in touch with several colleagues, it was hard for me to leave the company.

ConsBecause much of their revenue comes from Europe (where the economy stinks), raises were minimal and budgets were tight because the US needed to make up for Europe's struggles. Also, technology skills of most consultants were good, but a bit behind the curve (not terribly cutting edge).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dynamic, partner and account driven firm with lots of opportunity

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsOpen to change, always trying to innovate and bring new value. Always trying to stay ahead. Survival of the fittest.

ConsSometimes chaotic. Can be hard to understand what success looks like. Often the client appears to be your manager so can be hard to see where Capgemini fits in.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a better system for knowing who are your most talented people and manage them differently to others. Use special assignments to test and compare high potentials, rather than relying to much on personal relationships.

Great company

Consultant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGood salary, great benefits. Several opportunities to grow you career

ConsImprovements are needed in the career mentorship area.

good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood environment and nice people

Conslow salary and may be a little boring

Nothing spectacular. Nothing bad either

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGood benefits. Continuous projects. If you are settled with a client, it would be for many years to come. Flexible environment.

ConsSalary is a big minus. Doesn't care much about the employees. Excuses for everything an employee asks by quoting their policies etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as people, not resources.

Overall Positive

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

Proswork with smart people, great client list, global company offering opportunity to travel in other parts of the world. Good knowledge management capture and ability to partner across time zones.

Consdifficult promotions, SME knowledge is not valued, need to constantly prove value. You have to do your own business development, most business development guys do not understand technology

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain and encourage SME knowledge, particularly in technology. I've often noticed that people are laid off when no current work exists, but usually within a month or two, a proposal or client will require that SME knowledge and we were left scrambling to find skills. At that point the market determines the quality of your deliverable, hiring at the last minute does not make for quality associates

Good place to work , but the internal employee management is bad

Performance Engineer (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

Prosgood pay, good place for on the job learning, not stressfull

Consinternal workforce management is bad. they dont find projects within the company for people who are ramped down from their respective projects. They fire people easily without much consideration

Advice to Senior ManagementThe internal workforce management team should be efficient enough to find projects within company for an associate who is ramped down from the project; instead of firing him/her from the company.

The company has smart people but doesn’t always execute well on client engagements.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThere is a strong focus on client service. Some ongoing training is provided. The professional staff are generally smart and capable.

ConsThe internal technology is lacking and not modern. There is inadequate integration between Capgemini FSGBU and the overall Capgemini organization. Not enough attention is placed on staffing client engagements with the optimal professionals for the requirements and scope. I saw a tendency to fill project roles with someone with some relevant experience; but not necessarily the best person to fill the role.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove all aspects of the technology provided to client service professionals. Improve time reporting to be inclusive of all hours worked; not just entering 8 hours per day. Improve the process for approval of travel, time & expense submissions, etc. so that it is not so cumbersome.

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!