Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Cardinal Health Chairman & CEO George S. Barrett

George S. Barrett

Pros
  • Good work-life balance and supportive of community causes (in 31 reviews)

• Good benefits, clean work environment, strong Management Team (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • While encouraged, there will be times when work-life balance is not very balanced (in 20 reviews)

• poor work-life balance, long hours, management is ever-changing, lots of turnover (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

If coming you wont last more than 2 years

Pharmacist In Charge (Current Employee) London, England

ProsIf you are a pharmacist and want to leave community it is good because it gives you the opportunity to start in Industry, the job itself is beautiful if you want to deepen into Galenic Pharmacy. You are in charge of releasing creams, ointments, asepti products, and of formulating other products so you get a lot of experience and insight in the job.

ConsThe management is incompetent, very weak and no recognition to success, no flexibility in Holidays. They are starting to implement shift work and instead of making room for more people opening for part time jobs (mothers, students etc) they are loosing good people that would be able to work as hard.
    There are a lot of secrets going on that staff is not supposed to know and this makes a bad environment in the team,

Advice to Senior ManagementI would make them ask for feedback from their employees

Cardinal Health affects your wealth!

Analyst (Current Employee) Romford, England

ProsA mostly flexible working attitude.A generally friendly atmosphere within departments.

ConsThere are many! The chief gripes are that salaries being appreciably lower than uk and regional average. Limited career progression. Lack of quality benefits and very poor pay increases which do not reflect the effort, skills, experience and qualifications of the staff (particularly for those not at management level!). When researched it can be found that the average salaries at the Romford site are now in line with that of the uk pharma average from over 10 years ago!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to relate to staff needs outside of work more. Bring salaries up to uk average for the pharmaceutical industry to attract higher skilled staff and hence improve the efficiency and profits of the company!!

Cardinal is a great company.

Territory Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsExceptional training for new hires.
    Two national meetings a year in destination cities across the US
    Great place to learn about business
    Support from management is ideal. No micro managing
    Great benefits and PTO plan

ConsLots of travel
    Can often work much more than 40 hours a week
    Reliant on several different parts of the company in order to do your job

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall very good - I was able to advance and gain a lot of experience.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) North Little Rock, AR (US)

ProsOpportunities, competitive pay, great benefits and flexible PTO

Consvery much a who you know organization on the call center level

Advice to Senior ManagementLook more closely at the individual and get control of some of the supervisors. They select their favorites and provide them with any and all perks to help them advance.

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsThey provide an excellent benefit package. They are very charity oriented and offer multiple opportunities for employees to contribute to charitable causes locally and globally.

Conslarge organization and very diverse, sometimes it is difficult to execute appropriate changes in timely manner.

Dedication and career advancement

Senior Specialist Field Service (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsThe tasks may be difficult at times, but it is clear that everyone is dedicated to fulfilling our commitments to our customers. I have found that with dedication, the advancement is there. You may have to be willing to relocate to seek out that growth, but it is surely there.

ConsOur dedication to our commitments may at times interfere with life and work balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue leading us to success, continue seeking future leaders among the ranks.

Great Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat place to work and i like the culture

Consnothing really to say about this internship

Cardinal Health is a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy position with the company allowed great benefits, PTO and an competitive compensation.

ConsMissed opportunities for improved office culture.

Transitional Company

ProsGreat company to work for if you are already an employee. They give first preference to internal hires who are trying to move to another department.

ConsIf you not already an employee of Cardinal, it is hard to get an interview, especially right now with all of the transitions going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook more for outside candidates. They may add value and a different point of view on how things can be accomplished and same the company money.

was a great place to work many years ago

Territory Consultant (Former Employee)

Prosdecent benfits, ability to move up

Conswork life balance leans more towards the company although they tell you it's important to them, too many products in your bag and they pull you in 500 different directions; sales reporting changes every 2 years but they continue to use bits and pieces from previous systems. Each vp wants a different report and it's all manual work. Paper work is a entire other job from 4-12pm. They have higher base salaries than most companies but they will pull from that number in your % to plan. Not every GP$ is created equal so you could make the company a ton of money but if it's not in the right bucket you won't make any commission but still support the product line.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate your employees accordingly. once they get to the end of the stick and find out there is no carrot that's when people pack up and leave.

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!