Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Cardinal Health Chairman & CEO George S. Barrett

George S. Barrett

Pros:
  • "coworkers are friendly, work life balance is good"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Great people to work with at both offices I've worked in"
    in 25 reviews
Cons:
  • "While encouraged, there will be times when work-life balance is not very balanced"
    in 21 reviews
  • "poor work-life balance, long hours, management is ever-changing, lots of turnover"
    in 15 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

If coming you wont last more than 2 years

Pharmacist In Charge (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Cardinal Health

ProsIf you are a pharmacist and want to leave community it is good because it gives you the opportunity to start in Industry, the job itself is beautiful if you want to deepen into Galenic Pharmacy. You are in charge of releasing creams, ointments, asepti products, and of formulating other products so you get a lot of experience and insight in the job.

ConsThe management is incompetent, very weak and no recognition to success, no flexibility in Holidays. They are starting to implement shift work and instead of making room for more people opening for part time jobs (mothers, students etc) they are loosing good people that would be able to work as hard.
There are a lot of secrets going on that staff is not supposed to know and this makes a bad environment in the team,

Advice to Senior ManagementI would make them ask for feedback from their employees

Cardinal Health affects your wealth!

Analyst (Current Employee)
Romford, England

I have been working at Cardinal Health

ProsA mostly flexible working attitude.A generally friendly atmosphere within departments.

ConsThere are many! The chief gripes are that salaries being appreciably lower than uk and regional average. Limited career progression. Lack of quality benefits and very poor pay increases which do not reflect the effort, skills, experience and qualifications of the staff (particularly for those not at management level!). When researched it can be found that the average salaries at the Romford site are now in line with that of the uk pharma average from over 10 years ago!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to relate to staff needs outside of work more. Bring salaries up to uk average for the pharmaceutical industry to attract higher skilled staff and hence improve the efficiency and profits of the company!!

Must be ready and willing to move.

Senior Specialist Field Service (Current Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMany opportunities are found with Cardinal Health. You simply must be ready to put in the work, and to move where the opportunities are.

ConsMost of our locations are no where you want to live!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue seeking your talent from within. If you canno find viable candidates from within, then we need to increase and improve training and educational opportunities.

Great place to work

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSolid company, good culture, family oriented. Strong outlook when the company comes together. So many opportunities to move up and around.

ConsHas a long way to go to reach their potential, so large most people aren't aware of half of what we do company wide.

Advice to Senior ManagementTest people for competency at every level

Great place to work

Consultant (Current Employee)
Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at Cardinal Health as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat people and opportunites to grow. Inspired by the team environment.

ConsCons typical of large corporations. Not all teams will have the same experience.

Great place to work!

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time for more than 5 years

Proswork life balance, PTO is great.

ConsAdvancement opportunities are very limited, unless you switch roles.

Exceptional corporate culture

Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time for less than a year

ProsCardinal Health does a great job at communicating with its employees and demonstrating individual value. Many specific communities within the company exist, giving employees an opportunity to be a part of unique, tight-knit cultures. The company is transparent about its activities and strategic direction. Better than average health benefits and compensation.

ConsDue to the nature of a huge corporation, it's sometimes difficult to find the right individuals responsible for a particular item. It's easy for people to point the other way and avoid responsibility.

Decent Job

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Radcliff, KY (US)

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAlright pay and excellent benefits from day one of hire. Some opportunity for growth. Sufficient training. Relaxed dress code and fun environment.

ConsSupervisors and managers can play favorites and be unprofessional. Customer Service did not really have a voice like in most corporate companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open and fair to all employees

Good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits and culture. Good management.

ConsCompensation is low. No raises after yearly reviews (3%) raise, is really not a raise.

Some good days, some bad days!

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood insurance benefits and paid time off, good growth opportunities. Depending on your role in the organization, fair salaries, flexible work schedule, friendly environment.

ConsLack of communication, low on the salary scale (again, depending on your role in the organization), poor morale in some business segments,at times can run into lots of corporate "red tape" in order to get things accomplished.

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!

Cardinal Health Videos

Cardinal Health – Why Work for Us?

Cardinal Health, Inc. is a Fortune 19 company that improves the cost-effectiveness of healthcare. As the business behind healthcare, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals and ambulatory care sites focus on patient… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cardinal Health reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Cardinal Health CEO George S. Barrett. All 380 reviews are posted anonymously by Cardinal Health employees.