Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Cardinal Health Chairman & CEO George S. Barrett

George S. Barrett

Pros
  • Good work-life balance and supportive of community causes(in 30 reviews)

• Good benefits, clean work environment, strong Management Team(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • While encouraged, there will be times when work-life balance is not very balanced(in 20 reviews)

• poor work-life balance, long hours, management is ever-changing, lots of turnover(in 16 reviews)

If coming you wont last more than 2 years

Pharmacist In Charge (Current Employee) London, England

ProsIf you are a pharmacist and want to leave community it is good because it gives you the opportunity to start in Industry, the job itself is beautiful if you want to deepen into Galenic Pharmacy. You are in charge of releasing creams, ointments, asepti products, and of formulating other products so you get a lot of experience and insight in the job.

ConsThe management is incompetent, very weak and no recognition to success, no flexibility in Holidays. They are starting to implement shift work and instead of making room for more people opening for part time jobs (mothers, students etc) they are loosing good people that would be able to work as hard.
    There are a lot of secrets going on that staff is not supposed to know and this makes a bad environment in the team,

Advice to Senior ManagementI would make them ask for feedback from their employees

Cardinal Health affects your wealth!

Analyst (Current Employee) Romford, England

ProsA mostly flexible working attitude.A generally friendly atmosphere within departments.

ConsThere are many! The chief gripes are that salaries being appreciably lower than uk and regional average. Limited career progression. Lack of quality benefits and very poor pay increases which do not reflect the effort, skills, experience and qualifications of the staff (particularly for those not at management level!). When researched it can be found that the average salaries at the Romford site are now in line with that of the uk pharma average from over 10 years ago!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to relate to staff needs outside of work more. Bring salaries up to uk average for the pharmaceutical industry to attract higher skilled staff and hence improve the efficiency and profits of the company!!

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsThey provide an excellent benefit package. They are very charity oriented and offer multiple opportunities for employees to contribute to charitable causes locally and globally.

Conslarge organization and very diverse, sometimes it is difficult to execute appropriate changes in timely manner.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dedication and career advancement

Senior Specialist Field Service (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsThe tasks may be difficult at times, but it is clear that everyone is dedicated to fulfilling our commitments to our customers. I have found that with dedication, the advancement is there. You may have to be willing to relocate to seek out that growth, but it is surely there.

ConsOur dedication to our commitments may at times interfere with life and work balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue leading us to success, continue seeking future leaders among the ranks.

Overall very good - I was able to advance and gain a lot of experience.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) North Little Rock, AR (US)

ProsOpportunities, competitive pay, great benefits and flexible PTO

Consvery much a who you know organization on the call center level

Advice to Senior ManagementLook more closely at the individual and get control of some of the supervisors. They select their favorites and provide them with any and all perks to help them advance.

Great Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat place to work and i like the culture

Consnothing really to say about this internship

Cardinal Health is a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy position with the company allowed great benefits, PTO and an competitive compensation.

ConsMissed opportunities for improved office culture.

Good internship experience

Intern (Former Employee) Dublin, OH (US)

ProsGave a lot of responsibility to interns right of the back. Lots of program benefits... truly invested in young professionals

ConsLimited opportunities in some of the EMERGE fields

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job and need to continue to focus on expanding especially in home health care area.

Overall positive but corporate is out of touch

IT Director (Current Employee)

ProsCompany values, lots of opportunities across the country, stable, most people are nice and upstanding

ConsThe bureaucracy is unreal. Corporate runs the show and won't listen to the people on the front lines. The pervasive attitude in IT is that whatever leadership says goes...even if it adversely impacts the field or customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou could dramatically increase the bottom line if you focused on increasing customer satisfaction. In the eyes of many customers we are not as great as Dublin wants us to believe.

Cardinal Health

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dublin, OH (US)

ProsGenerous vacation time and bonus plans for management level employees.

ConsTalent management is a joke. Very driven by who you know, not how you have performed. Strong leftover boys network at the higher levels which make it a difficult place for women to advance. Strong double standard is part of the culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing the structure every year and deal with the executives who have failed to execute year after year. Better appreciate diversity of thought and gender equality.

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!