Cassidy Turley

www.cassidyturley.com

Cassidy Turley Reviews

Updated 28 September 2014
Updated 28 September 2014

Cassidy Turley CEO Joseph Stettinius Jr.
Joseph Stettinius Jr.

Pros
  • Benefits are good and compensation satisfactory (in 4 reviews)

• Market leader, largest privately held commercial real estate firm in the country (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Unless you are one of the "chosen ones" from upper management, don't expect your career to go anywhere (in 5 reviews)

• Good people are being forced out and being replaced by mediocre talent (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good job, hard wok. Pay isn't the greatest for the line of work you are doing though

I have been working at Cassidy Turley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, challenging work. Good resume builder

Cons

Pay should be higher than current amount

Amazing People

I have been working at Cassidy Turley as an intern

Pros

You will find extremely hardworking, motivating, wonderful people who will go out of their way to help you even if they are busy.

Cons

You have to be ready to work very hard. You won't make long unless you go above and beyond for your position.

Good Company

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice Benefits, Respectable Hours, and an overall stable place to work. Depending on department, management may be either great or distant. The team I was on was dynamic and capable.

Cons

Difficult to see the company beyond your specific department. There is a lack of development tools, and the guidance one receives is very minimal to grow and develop.

Regularly reach out to your associates, they may have novel ideas, development goals, and hidden skills that they would not know how to use without guidance and or training.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pleasant and fast paced

Former Employee - Associate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Coworkers were great, young and energetic environment

Cons

Dealing with a lot of demanding brokers

Personal growth, more opportunities outside of work for people to bond

All Show, No Go

I have been working at Cassidy Turley for more than a year

Pros

Pleasant people, Fair compensation and benefits. Money spent on employee extras (Ice cream socials, cocktails, . . . ) Generous paid time off policy. Determination to achieve spot on "Best Place to Work" lists

Cons

Mass exodus of top talent in a recently-acquired office. People promoted for sales skills have no management or leadership skills. Ineffective managers, support functions perform like they don't know what they are doing. Over promising and under delivering to both employees and clients, bordering on deception. Kool-Aid culture - "'No' is not in our vocabulary" even when it's the right answer. Trying to provide too many services instead of sticking to what they do best.

Employees deeply resent being "bought out", and being lied to as an inducement to stay around. If you are going to provide outsourced services, be sensitive to the culture that your new employees come from, instead of demeaning them for being different. Consider promoting "acquired" staff to build buy-in from their former peers. You need stronger management at the ground level before you branch into new areas - account leads that know nothing about the functions they support are regarded as "empty suits" by the client. You need to be MUCH pickier about hiring payroll and benefits staff - nothing undermines a newly acquired employee's shaky optimism like repeated payroll mishaps.

A fledgling company with a confused internal structure and no direction.

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent compensation with good benefits packages. The majority of management will trust you to do your job and let you do so. Friendly and comfortable work environment.

Cons

Being a newly formed company management is lost. Seems to be no unified direction. Power hungry type A's are allowed to run amok. No communication. No opportunities for advancement. Pay raises have disappeared. Talent replaced with drones and 3rd party software.

Value the human beings that do the work. Unify on a direction that benefits the entire company. Management should be made up of people experienced in the field for which they are responsible not just well connected.

Was a great place to get some experience, but opportunity for advancement is limited.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Cassidy Turley full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Vacation time and work-life balance is good. Flextime options are available.

Cons

The compensation is not the best. Annual increases are low unless you receive a promotion.

I would rather be unemployed then work here again

Current Employee - Client Accountant  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Client Accountant in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Cassidy Turley part-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the staff is very nice, and that's about it

Cons

I had a death in the family, and they wouldn't let me take off to travel for funeral arrangements, the managers are not available for any questions (all doors are closed), the pay is bad, long days working on tedious tasks, and my training lasted a womping 3 minutes

Open your door more than 2 minutes a day to help out

Growing Fast, Maybe Too Fast

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time

Pros

Has hit the ground running after the downturn. I expect to hear nothing but good things about their profitability over the next several years. Opportunities for promotion are there if you are willing to work long hours to get yourself up to speed. Training is haphazard.

Cons

Having trouble staffing to meet growth. Raises too small for the all the effort the staff is putting in during tremendous growth.

Classic over-worked and under-paid situation

I have been working at Cassidy Turley full-time for more than a year

Pros

The PTO is awesome. You start at 18 days and work up from there.

Cons

The compensation is laughable compared to other firms in St. Louis. I was consistently a top producer on my team and I had to beg management to get a 4% raise annually. They don't value their employees and their mindset seems to be that they are willing to let anyone walk over money. They will just replace you with the next college graduate for much cheaper

Hang on to good people. The turnover has to be a red flag!

Cassidy Turley Photos

HQ

+ Add Photo

Worked for Cassidy Turley? Contribute to the Community!