Cassidy Turley Reviews

Updated 5 August 2014
Updated 5 August 2014

2.9

Cassidy Turley CEO Joseph Stettinius Jr.
Joseph Stettinius Jr.

Pros
  • Market leader, largest privately held commercial real estate firm in the country (in 3 reviews)

• Fun atmosphere, good people, decent pay (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Unless you are one of the "chosen ones" from upper management, don't expect your career to go anywhere (in 5 reviews)

• they push out innovative and good people (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Growing Fast, Maybe Too Fast

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time

Pros

Has hit the ground running after the downturn. I expect to hear nothing but good things about their profitability over the next several years. Opportunities for promotion are there if you are willing to work long hours to get yourself up to speed. Training is haphazard.

Cons

Having trouble staffing to meet growth. Raises too small for the all the effort the staff is putting in during tremendous growth.

Professional company

Former Employee - Property Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great marketing materials and professional company. Fair salary wise and good company leadership. Opportunity for advancement and training.

Cons

Very big organization hard to know the company leadership if you are in a support position. Time off very fair and benefits are very fair. The company approves training and encourages.

Make sure the leaders know the personnel in the field.

Classic over-worked and under-paid situation

I have been working at Cassidy Turley full-time for more than a year

Pros

The PTO is awesome. You start at 18 days and work up from there.

Cons

The compensation is laughable compared to other firms in St. Louis. I was consistently a top producer on my team and I had to beg management to get a 4% raise annually. They don't value their employees and their mindset seems to be that they are willing to let anyone walk over money. They will just replace you with the next college graduate for much cheaper

Hang on to good people. The turnover has to be a red flag!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing experience with coworkers that will gladly throw anyone under the bus.

Former Employee - Graphic Designer
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Forces you to think on your feet and take initiative. There were other pros to working here before budget cuts occurred. After that, the office morale suffered a bit.

Cons

Personal and professional growth is of no importance to management. Before budget cuts, I was approved to return to school for continuing my education. I decided to continue despite their refusual to continue their financial commitment, but was absolutely floored when my manager actually told me that "education was useless" to them. SERIOUSLY!! I left shortly after that.

Education IS important. Thankfully I realized that and I'm making more money now, have a much happier work-life balance and I'm a very productive and integral part of the organization I am with now.

Great place to build a career

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Cassidy Turley full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of different positions to try out

Cons

If you relocate - beware - they may change your job position

Be more transparent and communicate better - even if the news might be considered bad

Provided opportunites

Former Employee - Broker  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Broker in Kansas City, MO (US)

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

as a full-time broker working on commission, there were limited pros vs. other firms with national platforms

Cons

Little name recognition, had growing pains.

Is there a future for this company?

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Cassidy Turley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relatively good benefits. Ability to work independently because many managers don't know their subordinants job. Great co-workers.

Cons

CT is a revolving door. Good co-workers and managers don't stay long. Sr. Management seems focussed on systems and procedures but you're inundated with reports and checklists and can't get the real work done. Training for new employees in nonexistent. CT seems to grow by acquisition but then fire all the good people they acquire which leaves sattelite office understaffed and underperforming. Worked in a regional office for two years and never met any company execs. If they came to town it was in and out without as much as a coffee break with the staff to see them. My regional office was looked down on as a market dominant company.

You better start communicating with the employees and help them understand the vision and make them feel they are impirtant othwise you won't survive unless you're just looking for a golden parachute. Sadly,a bleak outlook for the company.

No support, no local talent management, property management assignments on the decline.

I have been working at Cassidy Turley

Pros

-Excellent PTO but when you are understaffed, it is very hard to manage staff's abundant time-off under company policy.
    -Regional management tries with their training initiatives (which are planned by other PM's), volunteer work and occasional company functions but it seems more of a "to-do" no one is excited by these initiatives. Among the property management division, employee morale very low.
    -Ability to work independently with no supervision (other than from client) but this is not good when you need the support or are new to the business.

Cons

-Property management assignments on the decline, appears we are becoming a leasing company where former focus of company (prior to CT buying) was property management assignments and landlord representation.
    -Employees are leaving and not being replaced, assignments are being schlepped off on existing managers that already have full work loads. There is no focus on talent management.
    -Upper management is out of touch with the St. Louis "initiatives" managers are being charged with. Most are for the sake of CT's compliance requirements and have nothing to do with our client's needs or methods of operation. The company is inflexible when it comes to these initiatives that our clients could give a crap about. It creates unnecessary work and doubling up of responsibilities. Much of the workload is placed on the PM's (i.e., entering leases, inability to delegate to other staff while on vacation, assistant managers have no approval authority, etc.). It appears that CT was formerly an industrial management company and has not taken into account our portfolio of office. A lot of assignments and client demands are complicated, they do not always fit into your easy property "mold."
    -Communication from upper management is deplorable. PM's are left to "figure it out" when it comes to transitions or staffing but we have no decision making rights when it comes to staffing, has to be handled by the out-of-touch upper management.
    -No salary structure-compensation is VERY inconsistent among employees

Start paying attention to your people and what is actually going on in the field so you can better make decisions when it comes to staffing, development of employees and the demands of CT's initiatives.

Horrible Management

Former Employee - Managing Director  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice office space. If you are incompetent but yet know how to be political, it is the perfect place. Perfect landing spot for former Grubb & Ellis employees

Cons

No management. Arbitrary policies and procedures. No substance. Talented people are leaving the organization. Management does not deal fairly and honestly with its employees.

Sell

Not good for Property Managers

I have been working at Cassidy Turley full-time

Pros

The benefits are great! Time off, medical, etc.

Cons

Unless you are one of the "chosen ones" from upper management, don't expect your career to go anywhere. Property Managers are overworked and not recognized unless they are in the upper management "clique". Very disappointing.

Try working on career development for ALL employees, not just the ones that are your favorites.

Worked for Cassidy Turley? Contribute to the Community!