CastleBranch

Updated 29 November 2014
2.8

Brett Martin

Great work family

Current Employee - Custom Implementation Specialist in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Custom Implementation Specialist in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CastleBrance embraces each new employee equally. There is endless room for growth and personal development and there is a great management team to assist.

Cons

Crazy busy times. The only thing to complain about is the hecticness that comes along with our peak season, BUT there is usually lots of overtime in the summer so that makes up for the craziness that we endure.

Do no recommend

Former Employee - Customer Service in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Wilmington, NC (US)

I worked at CastleBranch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some cool, open minded individuals that work there. There are some genuine people you will meet. They are pretty easy on the dress code.

Cons

Horrible, horrible, horrible. If this ended up being my every day life i would be horribly depressed. They hire tons of employees and tell them that it's temporary for 3 months and then they take you on full time with benefits - this does not happen to the majority. Pay is also horrible. Your working for a corporation that over works their employees with little appreciation of their work - especially during mandatory 50 hour weeks overtime. Very stressful positions making hardly enough money to live by but very strict rules.

i would say pay better definitely - it's sad to think of how much money the top ceo is making of this company and the majority of the workers are living on a poverty salary. 10 to 12 an hour doesn't cut it.

not what i signed up for

I have been working at CastleBranch part-time (less than an year)

Pros

lax dress code
    nice location, great break room, get two 15 min breaks
    some fun events offered

Cons

You spend most of your first weeks there hearing whispers and gossip from senior employees, or people who have only been there a few months, because they're worried about their job security when they see new training groups come in. New training groups mean people are going to get fired or moved. It made me feel very unwelcome and started to make me feel anxious about whether or not I was going to be there long if these employees were talking about how they didn't have room for any new people. One senior employee even told me to my face that they weren't sure why my training group got hired because they don't need anymore new people. Great welcome wagon.

As I read some of the other negative reviews on here I can totally understand the "high school" culture that is referenced. There are groups of cliques in most of the areas with young college grads. In some of the departments like IT you don't see that as much, but you definitely see it in the departments that have the younger crowd. It can create quite an uncomfortable/uninviting work environment.

I don't feel secure in my position, satisfied with how management has handled things, or happy about being misled about the expectations of working here and what exactly I was being hired for.

Be honest in interviews and training process.
    Tell new employees right away what the expectations are for the company and for the department/position they're going into. Don't sell a job candidate on one thing, and then change things around in less than a month and without fair warning.
    be more approachable.
    change the atmosphere. employees shouldn't always be fearing for their job safety when new groups of people come in and out

DISAPPOINTING

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

It's a job for a few weeks then you get me any booted

Cons

Everything. GO TO VERIZON. EXCELLENT company. Excellent to employees. GO TO VERIZON!!!!!

Give up. You suck.

My experience over the past 7+ years have been positive

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company gives so much: Good benefits, free fruit daily to promote healthier living, food truck, onsite gym with free classes with certified instructors. Ping Pong arena. Great atmosphere, No dress code. Employees can interact with others with like interests easily. Love the volunteer program and that we get paid to volunteer in the community. New garden where we can grow, pick and eat our own fruits, veggies and herbs. Host good family events

Cons

Rate of pay initially is a little low. As you prove yourself that does go up.

Continue to vest in the training programs and the employee/family events also.

Awesome place to start a career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CastleBranch is a great company to work for! As a recent college graduate, CastleBranch gave me a chance to get my foot in the door and use my degree without relate working experience. It is hard to start off as most jobs require a minimum amount of related experience. I really enjoy working with everyone at CastleBranch as well. The team is very supportive, upbeat and collaborative.

There are also many great employee benefits which make it a fun environment to work in. Fresh fruit daily, bagel/muffin Fridays, gym with free work out classes and great trainers by Forged, Vittles food truck on site for breakfast and lunch everyday, mentor program for growth opportunities and coaching, 8 hours of PTO/year for volunteering, fun monthly events including a birthday celebration with birthday cake and company wide meeting and great support of work-life balance. SurfSUP program with free paddleboard and surf board rental and lessons weekly.

Cons

The pay isn't as high as a lot of my friends who have jobs in the area but the culture, group and advancement opportunities make it well worth it. There are also annual performance reviews where pay can be negotiated. There is also great employee recognition and appreciation.

Great place to start your career!

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

The company culture is great, the employees are very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional.

Cons

Room for vertical movement is very limited. I imagine as the company continues to expand this will change, but currently most people leave due to sub par pay for work completed.

Great place to start a career at the beach!

I worked at CastleBranch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The staff is comprised of mainly people in their 20s and 30s, which makes for a fun environment and a great first or second career. And though CastleBranch's primary industry is background screening - kind of boring - the day-to-day actually involves a lot of other exciting core and new business endeavors! During my time at CastleBranch, I worked closely with the owners and upper management and I've never met a more innovative bunch - always thinking ahead to the next big thing, hence the new Tek Mountain. If you get a job there and pay your dues, you'll definitely be provided an opportunity for advancement with a great, growing company.

Cons

Not all departments are "created equal". I recommend Business Development and Sales/Marketing for the best opportunities to learn and advance. Many employees have complained of low pay, but I personally felt pretty well compensated. Then again, I did work my butt off...

Identify your star performers and reward them with promotions and/or other recognition.

Great experiences and culture but company needs to stay focused and organized.

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

The culture of the company is very good. The buildings are very luxurious and impressive, the Vittles food truck (available daily) is reasonably priced for the good quality of its food, the new gym w/turf and workout equipment is a great amenity, and company-wide events are upbeat and fun. Great place to get acclimated to a corporate setting and learn how a company functions from the ground up. People are generally friendly and the ping-pong tables provide a nice break from work and allow people to socialize and have fun together. Location is great, near lots of shops and restaurants in Mayfaire and The Forum. The company is growing at an astounding rate and seems to be heading for nothing but success.

Cons

The office is often very empty and people keep to themselves -- there is hardly any interaction between co-workers/employees. The pay is not commensurate with the demands and expectations of the company and upper-management, which often are disorganized, sporadic and at times overwhelming. Days are long and usually very boring, you don't do much else but stare at a computer and type all day.

Try to prioritize on projects a bit more and clarify what needs to be done and by when -- demands and deadlines are sometimes either not communicated, or are very ambiguous. Continue to be readily accessible and willing to help, as is already the case with most of the management team.

Castle Branch - In review

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This is a rapidly growing company that is open to doing things differently and not satisfied with being sedentary. Castle Branch has random perks to make a work experience more enjoyable: Free Breakfast Friday, free coffee, free fruit, entertainment areas for breaks with ping pong, on site food truck for purchase, employee onsite gym, free Friday paddle board rentals, free surf board rentals, free surf lessons, employee garden, 401k match, flexible scheduling, sales people may travel, etc. This is a great place to start a career and be a part of a great company culture.

Cons

Generally speaking, most roles require a lot of attention to detail while in a fast past environment to help the client. Those lacking those qualities will not succeed. This is a job. If you can't perform in the role, then you aren't performing the job they're paying you for. They have training programs to teach you the systems and processes. Pay is average. Low level repetative task positions are paid at a low level. Upper level demanding, stressful, performance-based positions receive more pay. There is room for internal growth with the multiple systems and processes that the company uses. Familiarity with the company flow will provide opportunity to grow within the company. Temp roles are exactly that, Temporary. If you're a shining star in a temporary role, Castle Branch will offer employment or call back when the next temp peak season. arises.

The constant growth, progression and evolution is terrific. Just remember that as we grow at this continued pace, the little things that need fixing are quickly turning into big things that need fixing.