Cerberus Capital Management

Updated 6 February 2015
11 reviews filtered by
3.3
Stephen A. Feinberg

1. Best job I've worked (but might not be for everyone)

Current Employee - Interim Analyst - Real Estate Acquisitions in London, England

I have been working at Cerberus Capital Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Work is very engaging and changes every day
    -Opportunity to meet and work with professionals across the real estate spectrum
    -Team is extremely supportive and pushes you to learn from mistakes rather than blaming you for them
    -Cerberus is highly acquisitive in this space (European Real Estate) so it's a phenomenal place to gain experience

Cons

-Long working hours; I didn't mind but other people might find it exhausting
    -Cerberus is very paper dependent compared to its competitors, everything needs to be printed prior to meetings which can take a while to do

2. Intern

Current Employee - Intern in London, England
    Current Employee - Intern in London, England

I have been working at Cerberus Capital Management

Pros

Nice office
    Good brand name
    Flat operating structure

Cons

It is run like a circus
    No clear goal definition

Advice to Management

Spend more time educating your staff about long term direction of the company

3. Great experience

I worked at Cerberus Capital Management

Pros

Compensation, experience, perks, activities, intelligent

Cons

Need to self train, or if in doubt, ask with confidence.

Advice to Management

A general sense of anxiety can decrease with more support.

5. Horrible, spring 2013 purchased Jewel Osco, that's when the nightmare started.

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Cerberus Capital Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Tenure associates have good health benefits, medical, vison and dental for family even for part time associates. 401k retirement as well.

Cons

Management from store directors, district mgrs to top management treat the supervisory mgrs and the labors with disrespect no regard for their human life.
    More worker's and hours are needed to accomplish the unreasonable daily tasks.
    It is not human nature for one to work at their max on a daily basis. This can be very debilitating after time. Supervisory managers are treated like slaves. Constant treat of losing ones job. Must be available 24/7. Evening on one's day off as well as Vacation time. Job doesn't pay enough we're not six figure office mgrs. We do the grunt work. No time to manage the impossible. So please do sell sell us you're horrible to work for worse than svu.

Advice to Management

STOP you're ABUSE Bully ING management
    Style. From store mgrs, district managers up. We are human beings.

6. fulfilling

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Pros

Smart people, diversified and interesting work. Compensation structure is fair to generous, sufficient numbers of staff at all levels to meet demanding workload of all departments

Cons

Ever changing regulatory demands on financial firms and seeking out new investment directions as cycles change

Advice to Management

Firm tries to meet work life balance of employees. Many shortcomings of the infrastructure have been overcome with improved technology allowing for less demanding schedule of accountants.

7. Ordinary, mediocre, nothing special

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Cerberus Capital Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some people there are actually very smart. You're very lucky if you actually get to work with them.

Cons

Lackluster, ordinary firm, too much hype not enough substance, employee burnout, mediocre benefits and salary, bonuses aren't competitive, limited training and advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

You'd benefit from updating your technical skills and listen to some of the smart people working for you.

8. bought out

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Cerberus Capital Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good training management avaliable to speak with

Cons

job is to come in and clean house

Cerberus bought out AT&T Advertising Solutions recently. I have to say so far both companies have been enjoyable.

Current Employee - Media Consultant in Mobile, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Media Consultant in Mobile, AL (US)

I have been working at Cerberus Capital Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good salary, ok bonus programs. Good recognition of top notch sales people with trips for rewards. Benefits were great with AT&T, not sure how they will change with Cerberus. Three weeks off each year (personal/vacation) and good tuition reimbursement programs.

Cons

No benefits for retired employees, no 401K available as of right now, and only 4-5 pd holidays each year. Bonus changed recently from being obtainable to being very difficult to obtain. It is still doable, just expecting more work for less money.

Advice to Management

Keep bonuses feasible so employees have an obtainable goal. Otherwise, looking forward to even more progress.

Overall a good place to work. You will learn a lot.

I have been working at Cerberus Capital Management

Pros

Exposure to different strategies and portfolios.

Cons

Diffidult advancement within the firm

Advice to Management

Communicate more to the middle and staff that put in so many hours, make your presense known in a way that will inspire people.

This place is ran more like a circus than hedge fund.

Former Employee - Vice President, Financial Reporting
    Former Employee - Vice President, Financial Reporting

I worked at Cerberus Capital Management

Pros

- Some of the people are intelligent and nice.

Cons

- Huge System/Process issues that make reporting VERY manual and VERY frustrating.
    - Old school mgmt style - senior mgmt often resort to shouting and belittlng employees to motivate them which is VERY counterproductive.
    - Lack of technical expertise at senior management.
    - Lack of training - have to learn most things on your own.
    - Long hours.
    - Lackluster bonus due to declining performance of the company.

Advice to Management

- Less yelling and more patience so employees do not fear bringing up issues and are more apt to proposing solutions. Take time to understand and address the issues at a detailed level instead of superficial level. Hire people with the technical expertise or with experience with the specific problems of the company.