Charter Communications

Charter Communications Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Charter Communications President & CEO Thomas M. Rutledge

Thomas M. Rutledge

Pros
  • The best thing about working for Charter is the full time pay with benefits that include free cable services (in 41 reviews)

• Good Benefits - Free Cable and other services - Advancement is quick lower in the lower ranks (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management (with a few reasonable supervisors as an exception) is downright dreadful (in 25 reviews)

• It is a call center so be prepared to embrace everything that goes along with the (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Direct Sales

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee) Madison, WI (US)

ProsWorking with a tablet and having business cards. This makes outside sales really stand out professionally. Supervisors are very responsive and are always there for there reps.

ConsLots of internal updates have made the pace slow down a bit since i started, but other than that i have now Cons about the company. I absolutley love working for charter communications

Advice to Senior Managementtraining and time off and culture here at charter communications is amazing! I really love that most of the supervisors and management have acctually been out in the dirt doing sales themselves.

broadband installer

Broadband Installer (Former Employee) Carson City, NV (US)

Prostechnical work and great benefits

ConsI failed to qualify for pole climbing

Advice to Senior Managementtraining was good in hands on crimping, safety and liked the computer training.

Fun atmosphere call center environment

Charter Communications Business Support (Current Employee) Louisville, KY (US)

ProsBenefit package, oosa, No micromanagement going on here.

ConsYou have to be mentally tough and not get annoyed walking people through steps over the phone in tech support.

Advice to Senior ManagementRight hand needs to know what the left hand is doing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Outside Sales

Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsYou make your own schedule. No micro-managing. Great paying when everything works properly.

ConsThis company is very unorganized and behind the times when it comes to technology and efficiency. The techs are always screwing up installs and there's no way for you to know unless you call every customer to make sure your sale went through. They lie and tell you that you have a 5 day work week when you get hired but they try to force you to work every Saturday.

If you don't like working in extreme weather conditions do not apply.

Going Down Hill Fast

ProsThe best thing about working for Charter is the full time pay with benefits that include free cable services

ConsThe culture has definitely taken a change for the worst...Unrealistic expectations when it comes to the sales goals set to judge your performance....My pay has dropped every since I have been with the company

Great Company to work for

Call Center (Current Employee) Louisville, KY (US)

ProsGreat Pay; Great Benefits; Promotional Opportunities; Great Leadership; The Company is growing and has a great future ahead of them.

ConsSome long term employees want to do things they have always done them and are resistant to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more work/life flexibility and work from home opportunities for positions that allow it.

Great Benefits, Nice co-workers

ProsAwesome benefits. From dental to tuiton reimbursement.

ConsAlways changing policy. Almost different every week. Nothing big but always changing.

Sales/ Sales Support

ProsMoney, health care benefits and commssions

ConsMorale, Changing environment and management

Stepping stones

ProsTelecom is a must for many people. Therefore, the products tend to sell themselves. Relatively competitive pricing. Decent commission plan. Free service (I.e., TV, Internet and phone).

ConsManagement team is insufficient. This is not to say that there are not enough of them but rather that the effort put forth is lacking.

micro management

Business Account Executive (Former Employee) Slidell, LA (US)

Prosgood compensation plan offered if you make it

Constreated like a used car salesman

Worked for Charter Communications? Contribute to the Community!