Charter Communications Reviews

Updated 23 August 2014

3.1

Charter Communications President & CEO Thomas M. Rutledge
Thomas M. Rutledge

Pros
  • The best thing about working for Charter is the full time pay with benefits that include free cable services (in 41 reviews)

• Good Benefits - Free Cable and other services - Advancement is quick lower in the lower ranks (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management (with a few reasonable supervisors as an exception) is downright dreadful (in 25 reviews)

• It is a call center so be prepared to embrace everything that goes along with the (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Best time of my life, sweeping the system for ingress and chasing noise.

Former Employee - Spectrum Sweep Tech  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Spectrum Sweep Tech in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Charter Communications as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Working with the System Techs. The Teamwork they show off and on the field is extraordinary. They love what they do and are the best.

Cons

Not enough hours in a day, lol. Anything can be fixed and it does get fixed but sometimes the hour rolls over past 12am and the customers go nuts. Everybody loves their cable TV. ;)

HR is not synced so to say with actual field knowledge and the roadblock they cause during the hiring of new candidates is a heavy burden and pricey at that, for the company and the individuals who are denied what could be the best opportunity in their lives.

It's not too bad

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time

Pros

I am not micromanaged

Cons

Extremely stressful sales environment

Need fewer Upper level Managers, more frontline employees and better communication

Current Employee - Transport & Capacity Eng I  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Transport & Capacity Eng I in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing company with opportunities to learn the business and move forward on your carrier path if you are willing to apply yourself. Many great individuals on our team and in the company that make it a fun place to work with friendly people.

Cons

Too many VP's and upper management that sometime create a mixed message being sent to the frontline employees from upper management. Very little direction or communication from our VP and Director level. Not sure what is going on with our organization sometimes and do not feel that the work I do is valued by my Director and VP. No recognition when we save the company money or when we complete work on a project ahead of time and on budget that has taken may hours and coordination to complete.

Reduce the number of upper management between the CEO and Frontline employees. Open lines of communication and ensure the frontline employees know where the business is headed so that we have more focus on company goals and objectives.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was a decent company

I worked at Charter Communications

Pros

Commission was okay,. base wage was decent.. People i worked with were great

Cons

some people in leadership let it go to their head

Great pay but crazy environment

Current Employee - IT Director  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - IT Director in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Total compensation and great co-workers

Cons

Constant changes in executive leadership and objectives

Consistency is key

decent place to work

Current Employee - Field Auditor  in  Montgomery, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Field Auditor in Montgomery, AL (US)

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some freedom during your shift, get to work outside, company vehicle although it may be a piece of junk.

Cons

only gripe I have with them is the pay isn't where it should be imo.

Increase the pay so that you can attract better employees which will lead to less turnover and better happier employees will care more about their work thus Charter being able to sell a better more reliable product.

Constant changing policies

Current Employee - Dispatcher I  in  Reno, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Dispatcher I in Reno, NV (US)

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time

Pros

Good benefits package and at a low cost. Tuition reimbursement.

Cons

We bid on new shifts every 4-6 months. We are told that our ranking is based on performance and seniority but yet a woman who abuses her FMLA and is only at work 4-5 days per month has a higher shift bid ranking than a man who takes double the calls and is there every day rain or shine and who has worked there for years over this woman. So what they say and what they do are so different it is laughable.

Attitude towards employees. Some management has terrible mood swings and takes it out on others. Some management can be very condescending in their tone and attitude. There is definitely a superior attitude amongst management towards their employees.

Great Salary but High Turnover

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay and compensation benefits and opportunities to advance. Good place to start your career.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations and high turn-over. Lots of disjointed strategies and approaches .

Direct sales representative

Current Employee - Dsr  in  Lillington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Dsr in Lillington, NC (US)

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, benefits, freedom and co-workers

Cons

Management has no clue as to what goes on in the field, it's not the new charter it's still the old charter.

Fix the issues

Direct Sales

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES  in  Madison, WI (US)
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Madison, WI (US)

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with a tablet and having business cards. This makes outside sales really stand out professionally. Supervisors are very responsive and are always there for there reps.

Cons

Lots of internal updates have made the pace slow down a bit since i started, but other than that i have now Cons about the company. I absolutley love working for charter communications

training and time off and culture here at charter communications is amazing! I really love that most of the supervisors and management have acctually been out in the dirt doing sales themselves.

Worked for Charter Communications? Contribute to the Community!