Cheesecake Factory

Updated 3 March 2015
3.6

Cheesecake Factory Chairman and CEO David Overton
David Overton

Pros
  • Extremely flexible schedule (Valuable for a college student like myself) (in 42 reviews)

• Servers make good money because people usually buy dessert (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours (10 - 15 hours, my coworker almost did a twenty hour shift once) with no breaks (in 34 reviews)

• There is also little to NO employee appreciation with the exception of a holiday cheesecake (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Positive, supportive atmosphere that makes coming to work a plus.

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work-Life balance is encouraged. Activities for employees are vast and the atmosphere is fun.

Cons

There are so many snacks and parties that you may gain 10 lbs in your first year of employment if you are not careful.

On-Site Gym or fitness classes and a cafeteria might be highly desirable and competitive.

Loving It Here!

Current Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Agoura Hills, CA (US)
    Current Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Agoura Hills, CA (US)

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I joined The Cheesecake Factory in 2014 so I am still pretty new, especially considering that so many people have been here over 10 years! It's a great sign that so many people stay with this company. In the few months I've been here we've had several FUN activities & celebrations with many more coming up. I am honestly HAPPY to come to work every day!

Cons

This isn't even a CON really. There are so many people here I am still meeting somebody new almost every day. Oh, and I did relocate up to the area from Orange County, but there are benefits to that as well.

Advice, already? I would just say, "Thanks for creating such an enjoyable atmosphere!"
    The environment truly promotes a healthy work/life balance and makes it easy to stay motivated and be productive.

The Cheesecake Factory Headquarters.
    This is truly a fun, enriching, family enviornment!
    Fantastic.

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

Recognition for a job well done. Celebration of milestones and achievements. The company lives up to it's Mission, Vision and Values. The Value," People - Our Greatest Resource", is exhibited everyday.

Cons

Heavy workload with minimal staff. However, very engaging and everyone is dedicated to a job well done.

More real-time communication. It sometimes feels as if there is a delay while information is reviewed by 50 people. The delay makes it seem as if the company is trying to hold back information, or may not have a plan of action.

The Cheesecake Factory is an exceptional place to work where every staff members are passionate about their contribution

Current Employee - Senior Management in Calabasas Hills, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Calabasas Hills, CA (US)

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

High energy work environment with quality in everything from benefits to "perks"

Cons

It is very high paced and not for everyone who is not willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute.

Continue to focus on delivering an exceptional guest and employee experience

Simply the Best

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

• Hiring practices make sure that all employees are competent and NICE. Incompetence and unprofessional demeanors are not tolerated. Everyone who works here is friendly, kind, helpful, and smart.
    • The perks are great. Competitive salary, great benefits, free-flowing coffee, tea, soda, and fruit. Lots of fun corporate activities. Many, many opportunities to eat cheesecake!
    • Because this is such a great place to work, there is a tendency for people to stay a long time. This leads to lots of promotions from within. The company is comitted to everyone's development and growth.
    • Fast-moving, challenging environment. But only in the most-positive ways.
    • Beautiful offices.

Cons

• Some people gain weight when they start to work here from all the great food.
    • Calabasas is not a convenient commuting destination from a good part of L.A. county. But if you live in the valley or ventura county, this is your place!

Keep up the great work. R

Fun & fulfilling corporate environment!

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very nice and supportive, robust culture, founder is still on-site and involved, incredible number of tenured staff, your voice is heard, snacks and food are out all the time, fun events, restaurant discounts and employee cake sales!

Cons

Low glass ceiling, fear of making the wrong decisions is widespread, only 2 weeks of vacation to start, small incremental raises, no bonus plans for Managers on down.

Bonus plans and stock for more of the corporate staff. A staff member with a monetary bonus, along with company ownership = a very hardworking, focused, loyal staff member that will go above and beyond.

Love the Cheesecake - stay for your career!

Current Employee - Corporate Support Center
    Current Employee - Corporate Support Center

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company culture that supports a brand you can feel great about! The executives are approachable and truly understand the business. The campany does what it says which is rare in todays employment market. Meaning almost all companies have vision and values but few uphold them when there is a choice between doing the right thing and making an extra buck.
    Here at the Cheesecake Factory - you will become part of an extended family that puts relationships and how we do things ahead of everything else. The culture here is one that supports everyone, while challenging you to always be your best.
    By the way - if you love food - no one does it better! The care and passion behind our food is amazing! The CEO is hands on most days in the kitchen working with a fantastic culinary team to provide a contemporary amazing menu.
    This is a great palce to stay for a long time as the company stays true to its history. We have many peopel that have been here for over 20 years and with our global expansion there is a ton of opportunity and growth in the future!
    Fianlly a paid sabbatical at 5 years is amazing!

Cons

We are very conservative at investing in support roles / administration. While this is a prudent financial decision, we are often asked to do a lot with limited resources. Again - if you like be challenged and stretched - this is great for you. I should also say that when a project is critical to the companies success - it receives the funding required.

Also being lean on the support staff limits the opportuntiy for career growth at the Corp Support Center. Many roles are very specailized and this limits the opportunity for cross training and growth.

Keep listening to the staff and be as transparent as possible. Continue to invest in your people and know that one great Cheesecake staff or manager is worth many potential hires. Give them the opportuntiy to continue to learn and grow!

Very Happy I came Here!

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

This Company, while pretty large, still have a smaller, family centric feeling to it. The people who work here are passionate about the Company, the customers (guests), and truly are service oriented. The Senior Management Team is very collaborative, and are very accessable. This is not a beaurocratic or political company...there is a common vision and mission to be the best company we can be. Benefits are very good, and overall work environment is great (fun, collaborative, and a place you can grow).

Cons

Being a smaller company and a restaurant company, margins are narrow and there is not always large budgets to get the work done...sometimes you have to be creative. Vacation and holidays are not as robust as some other companies, but they did just put in a sabbatical program with helps.

Continue to focus on the great things that are provided and definitely do everything possible to keep the great culture alive. There is so much passion and integrity in the Comapny.

The Cheesecake Factory is a great place to work and to be a part of a fantastic team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas Hills, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas Hills, CA (US)

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

Everyone is focused on making the guest experience as exceptional as it can be.

Cons

It is high pressure from time to time.

Continue our mission and goals

Cheesecake Factory Photos