Cheesecake Factory Reviews

Updated 26 August 2014

3.6

Cheesecake Factory Chairman and CEO David Overton
David Overton

Pros
  • The only pros of working here are a flexible schedule and the fact that you can make between (in 33 reviews)

• Servers make good money because people usually buy dessert (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours because they wouldnt hire more people to cover shifts (in 29 reviews)

• Servers were not always held responsible for their actions with guests or side work (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great job, if you like a corporate atmosphere.

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent money. High energy atmosphere. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Mistakes are frowned upon. Guests are always right, even when they aren't. It feels like you're always walking in eggshells.

Stick up for your employees.

Front Desk Great Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

Room to grow
    Fun, learning environment

Cons

Can be stressful during peak season

Recognize great employees

Server and Bartender for 6+ years

Current Employee - Bartender/Server  in  Chestnut Hill, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Bartender/Server in Chestnut Hill, MA (US)

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is a well oiled machine, which is why they are so successful. Sometimes it can be annoying doing everything under the "corporate" umbrella, but I have worked for restaurants with poor management and leadership and things just tend to fall apart. At the CCF, they have standards in place to keep operations running as smooth as possible.

Cons

- Sometimes the guests
    - Money can be inconsistent (much more consistent bar tending)
    - Long hours when short staffed

Take care of your employees and they will take care of you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very stressful but lucrative.

Current Employee - Server  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Server in Louisville, KY (US)

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good money and flexible hours. The restaurant is very large and has high turnover for people that have worked under a year but the others have been there for a long time and for the most part they all work together and help one another.

Cons

No appreciation from management. VERY little room for growth. It is easy to get in a poor position bending over backwards for management and sometimes even doing things that make little to no sense and get no recognition or insensible for your efforts. It's best to keep to yourself and don't overwork yourself for nothing in return.

Learn how to communicate and how to be a leader in the workplace rather than a dictator. Leadership skills are a valuable asset that is currently lacking in the restaurant I worked in.

Mixed feelings

Current Employee - Server  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Server in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are very flexible with your schedule, I've never had an issue getting time off, even with little notice. The GM is awesome! Very personable and quick to react when you have an issue. With the higher ticket prices, there is definitely the possibility of making money, assuming your guests tip.

Cons

The menu is HUGE!!! This particular location has a lot of... interesting people whom make it difficult to get along with them. Again, at this location guests don't tip properly- I'm not saying everyone, I'll make my 20% all day then have that one table that leaves cash for the tab, says thanks that's all you and it's $5 shy of the total.

All in the Guests

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people I work with are nice enough as long as you're not a server; if you're a server, good luck surviving the drama. The managers are good and really helpful.

Cons

Your guests SUCK. They'll talk to you however they want, make impossible demands, and swear at you because they can. Management kisses their butts even if it's the guests's fault and not ours. Guests are never held accountable, and half the time they get things for free because they're self entitled jerks.

Grow a backbone and stand up to your guests. Don't let them treat you or your employees like dirt.

Decent serving job

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time for more than a year

Pros

Never had a problem getting hours/shifts, the training was good for a restaurant, and no issues with time off requests.

Cons

The uniforms need serious updating, the store managers tend to micromanage, and they tend to schedule too many double shifts. The menu is huge but not hard to remember after a few months.

Train your managers to not micromanage and don't burn them out! I saw so many managers come and go and not feel appreciated.

It had its moments.

Former Employee - Dessert Finisher  in  Westbury, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Dessert Finisher in Westbury, NY (US)

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food if managers were generous to give to a meal card. Some of the co-workers and managers were pretty cool

Cons

Long hours (10 - 15 hours, my coworker almost did a twenty hour shift once) with no breaks. Disorganized managers. Overtime frowned upon (manager lied to me about coworker being sick while the real reason was they did not want her to go over 40 hours).

Happy employees make the best employees

If you can handle corporate BS, this is your place to work.

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The money is great. Tip percentage is mediocre but volume more than makes up for it.
    The people are great.
    You can pretty much set your own schedule due to the amount of servers.
    Relocation opportunities are available.
    Insurance is available but costly.

Cons

Corporate atmosphere. You will get written up for anything. Forget bread? Write up.
    No sense of development. Example: 2+ years of employment, no reviews.
    Guests. Every once in a while you might get a great table but most clientele are pretentious.
    You feel like you're walking on eggshells every move you make.
    All white, all the time.

Have your employee's backs. We're the one that have to deal with the guests. Stick up for us every once in a while. Tell us when we do well in addition to where we could improve, not just the negative. It makes for a not so fun work environment.

I feel valuable to the company and there are many different options for career advancement.

Current Employee - Server  in  Woodbridge, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Server in Woodbridge, VA (US)

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and pleasant to work with. As a server, I fortunately serve guests who really enjoy their experience at the Cheesecake Factory. My schedule requests are easily approved and I am able to make a decent amount working here.

Cons

Management acts as if they listen to your needs and prioritize them, but most of the time, it is in one ear and out the other. Simple requests to improve daily work efficiency is easily brushed to the side. Some upper management shows their care for the restaurant and company.

Really listen to employee needs to improve the quality of the restaurant.

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!