Childcare Network

Updated Jan 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Management want employees to come to work sick, exposing the children

Teacher (Former Employee)
Conyers, GA (US)

I worked at Childcare Network full-time for less than a year

ProsI was hired the next week after my credentials checked out

ConsI was not allowed to call in sick or I would loose my job. I was on 90 day probation and was threatened that I would be fired if I called in sick. So I went to work sick, made a mistake and was discharged. Either way I would have been fired for calling in sick. Management wants employees to come in to work around children, even if they have cough, fever, congestion and diarrhea

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to allow employees to call off if they are sick. Children and parents should not be exposed to staff that are sick and contagious. Management said she has never called off even when she had diarrhea in her car, but she didn't care about the children because she knew she was sick and exposed herself to the children. That is not good managment

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Childcare Network

ProsCompassionate, caring, knowledgeable, educated Teachers

ConsLarger facility, longer hours of operation

i was able to complete various training hours

I worked at Childcare Network

Proschildren are precious; they have good benefits

Consoverworked and underpaid; no advancement in daycare setting

Former Teacher, Very Displeased

Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Childcare Network full-time for more than a year

Prosworking with kids; isn't that why anyone would want to work in childcare?

Consteachers not respected by management
many teachers allowed to get away with breaking rules
new teachers are lucky if they last; they either get let go or they get run off by rude and downright mean coworkers and directors
low pay, no real opportunities for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementBe patient with newer teachers and train them
don't believe gossip from disgruntled favorites who've worked there a long time
understand that teachers have family and life issues and need time off, etc.
check more often to see what's really going on with teachers and kids. How are the long term teachers getting away with being so hateful and the perfectly decent teachers are getting bad evaluations?

Save yourself the trouble.

Lead Teacher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time for less than a year

ProsYou get to work with kids.

Cons-Lousy co-workers
-Management takes no action
-Pay is minimal
-No extra compensation earned from overtime
-No loyalty to employees
-Hours are cut regularly
-Put money before children
-Teachers that hate children

Advice to Senior ManagementActually try to do a decent job taking care of your employees and the children, instead of shrugging it off.

Growing company that is now the 4th largest child care company in the nation.

Management (Current Employee)
Columbus, GA (US)

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGrowing company with a focus on the care and education of children from infants to school age children. Each location has the opportunity to impact many children who would not typically have access to a quality preschool environment. Many of the staff have been with the company for many years.

ConsQuality of each program comes back to the managment and staff at each facility. There are many fantastic schools out there with extremely dedicated staff.

Beware

I worked at Childcare Network full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking with the children and parents. Health benefits were decent.

ConsManagement. Pay. District Manager was/is racists.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest for corporate to listen to their employees that work at the bottom of the chain. The people they hire don't always do what they are suppose to do. The teachers are not lying when they something is going on.

Made me hate my job :/

Lead Teacher (Former Employee)
Arlington, TX (US)

I worked at Childcare Network part-time for less than a year

Prosweekends off... sometimes, was able to work with children on a daily basis, easy clock in procedure

Consno flexibility, poor management, only 15 minutes to clean and close at the end of the night, existing employees wouldnt speak to new workers, no communication, screaming and yelling often, child to teacher ratio very high, i had 20 kids by myself, low pay, babies always crying, staff in trouble for things they were never notified of.

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate with staff without yelling, provide tour of facility at time of interview or hire

Great company, Horrible Upper Management

Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Childcare Network full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany is very big on promoting within. If your performance is up or above standard it is very easy to advance within the company. Training is provided to ensure that you are providing quality education to the children. For the most part, achievements are acknowledged and rewarded.

ConsLong term employees are allowed to get away with murder. DMs who don't provide the necessary support to their subordinates is in turn supported in shifting blame to their subordinates. Corporate does not listen to the anyone below the District Manager level when it comes to improving schools or employment issues. Work you like a dog and then fire you without any remorse.

Advice to Senior ManagementTenure should not equal ability to manage.

Quick burnout and lack of support from management.

Teacher (Former Employee)
Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I worked at Childcare Network full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf you enjoy working with children, you get to work with children and teach a good curriculum, some paid holidays.

ConsLow wages, very little vacation or sick time, lousy benefits, difficult and often unpredictable schedules, lack of support from management, disrespectful management, lack of promotion possibilities, no respect for family/life balance, they hire people who don't actually like kids and the work is just a job to them, which drags down the good teachers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your teachers like professionals and not just bodies filling a position. Respect your employees' home lives and don't throw a fit when they ask for a day off.

Worked for Childcare Network? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Childcare Network reviews and ratings. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Childcare Network employees.