Children's Creative Learning Centers

www.cclc.com

Children's Creative Learning Centers Reviews

Updated Jul 09, 2014
Children's Creative Learning Centers – Laguna Niguel – “Kids Camp Yard”

Thomas Pinnau

Better before the buy-out.

Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsDecent benefits and salary. Ability to move up in the company.

ConsThe needs of the staff, the client, the families, children, and headquarters are many times in direct conflict. Too many cooks in the kitchen, power struggles and conformity since the buy out by Knowledge Universe. They bought brands and then made them basically all the same. If I wanted to work for KinderCare I would have. I chose CCLC because of their philosophy and reputation for creativity.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your brands to operate independently of each other and offer a variety of learning styles and services. Offer more management training, and focus on building great management teams as opposed to plugging holes. You also need to adjust salaries and benefits to your employee market. CCLC and KU will never be competitive in the Bay Area with housing prices so high and wages so low in comparison to their education level desires. No one with a B.A. in The Bay can thrive or survive on $18/hr.

I'm Satisfied.

Head Teacher (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsMost of the teachers I work with are really nice, work hard, and love the kids. We get a reimbursement to pay for Child Development classes. CCLC is a little bit better than most centers I've been at. I've seen teachers get a promotion if they are good and have been here a long time. There is a child care discount too but I'm not sure if it would be enough to pay for CCLC. I would recommend people have their children here. Almost all of the teachers really care about doing a good job and are here for the right reason - the kids!

ConsI get the feeling that having enough teachers is not important to CCLC. They make sure we have a big waitlist and are full with kids but not really when it comes to hiring teachers. Also preschool teachers don't get paid enough in general - not just CCLC's fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love the kids and I like my job. CCLC is better than most preschools and that makes it better to work at. If I had one thing to say it's that I know full classrooms are important, but having enough teachers is important too and you could work harder on that even though you would make a little bit less money that way.

Adult teachers that act like children, teaching children.

Preschool Teacher (Former Employee)

ProsI love that all the CCLC's are on a different pay scale. Apply for a few in the area and see which one gives you the best hourly salary. If you work at a higher paying CCLC, you get nice perks: spending money (within budget) on your classroom every month. You get bonuses once a year (sometimes) that makes up for the low pay that Early Educators get.

ConsTeachers are more interested in socializing than caring for the children. Administration says there is always room to grow and climb up the ladder within the company. Yes, if the administration loves you. No, if they don't like you (it doesn't matter if you're an excellent teacher and you work harder than others at providing a quality school environment filled with enriching curriculum). Teachers sometimes can be disrespectful and unprofessional towards each other. Why do you think there is a high turnover rate here?

Advice to Senior ManagementStop gossiping (among yourselves) and trying to pry information (out of other teachers) to see how teachers are doing. You need to fire some teachers who are no good for the center. The center (building) was awesome, but the individuals who make up the center, needs a lot of work. Administration: I know you notice this but doesn't it bother you that teachers think it's a good idea to talk WHILE YOU are talking/teaching something?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Teachers, Good Pay, Terrible Management

Teacher (Current Employee)

ProsThe families are wonderful to work with, and expect only the best care and education for their children, which we provide. My fellow teachers all have the same commitment and work ethic as I do,and are kind and caring. The salary is above average, we have full benefits, including childcare for our own children, at a 50% discount. We are very well known in the community, and have very long waiting lists for each age group of children, which pretty much insures that there will not be any employee lay-offs in the near future.

ConsFavoritism and retaliatory practices abound within the lower levels of management, which affects the morale of all of the teachers. When issues were voiced to the managements' superiors, the problems were basically "swept under the carpet", and the teacher's who brought the issues up, were either demoted or categorized as being, "stressed", and "maybe needed a position, elsewhere".

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit different schools unannounced, so that lower management can be observed in their true light. Visit each classroom and ask teachers for their input, positive or negative. Observe how teachers interact with the children in the classroom setting, and have a "meet and greet" with the parents. Ask the parents for their thoughts and recommendations on their child's teacher.

Great program for families but not for employees.

Teacher (Current Employee) Stanford, CA (US)

ProsThey strive for high quality childcare and provide that to the families. We get to create meaningful relationships with families and coworkers.

ConsThere is a lot expected of us such as curriculum being completed by a certain day each week and prep work to be done but we are not provided with the support needed (such as time) to complete that work. Also, benefits are not good. And 5 days of sick/vacation are given a year. Not nearly enough when dealing with sick kiddos' germs on a daily basis!

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter benefits and more support would be great!

It was such a crazy environment

Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA (US)

Proskids were fun to work with

Conshad no discipline kids ran the place

Advice to Senior Managementpay more than minimum wage....

group interview

Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

Prosit was carefree and feel like we are having a conversation more than a militant interview
    the interview was fun

Consnot much was explain about the company

Advice to Senior Managementemployer need to get pay more. high turn over rate

A Place Where Professionals Regress

Once A Professional At the Corporate Office (Former Employee)

Proseveryone is in the same boat: the boat of misery
    decent benefits

Consno professional development
    horrible turnover rate
    zero transparency
    horrible senior level management- awful management from the top down
    zero accountability
    zero employee engagement
    zero chance of advancement
    horrible favoritism
    unreliable

Advice to Senior Managementcreating a healthy work environment requires commitment from the top: unfortunately a lack of leads to the current work environment: a place where many of your employees are miserable with no chance of advancement unless they leave all together. no wonder more than half of your corporate employees jumped ship.

stay away from any opportunity to work here. like many others, you will regret it.

lovely environment

Cons_planning
    -Big staff
    -No over time space.
    -sometimes lacking teachers

Worked for Children's Creative Learning Centers? Contribute to the Community!