Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics
www.childrensmercy.org Kansas City, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014
Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics – Kansas City – “Front Entrance”

Randall L. O'Donnell

It was a great experience where I learned a great deal.

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics part-time

ProsThe parts that I enjoyed about working for Children's Mercy Hospital and Clinics were its Mission, goals, workplace culture, helping people, compensation, the people I worked with.

ConsThe parts that I did not enjoy about working for Children's Mercy Hospital and Clinics were Some days there is a lot to do and others there is not, there has to be offsite parking (but the shuttles are typically very quick and efficient).

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp people transition more into medical terminology if they do not have a medical background

Excellent

Media Relations Intern (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

I worked at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe company culture was fantastic. We had lunch catered frequently, lots of bonding activities and easy accessibility to senior management. I really felt like my opinions mattered and, in fact, several of my ideas were put into action.

ConsThe only downside I can think of is that CMH requires an excess amount of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! Working at CMH was an amazing experience.

Nursing student

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics as an intern

ProsAtmosphere is extremely welcoming, opportunities for advancement

Consextremely competitive field to gain employment in

I love the dedication of the nursing staff at Children's Mercy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture is multi-discipline, so everyone knows what's going on with the child; and, the communication is outstanding.

ConsYou are working with children and families. It can be a challenge to see the lack of interaction within the family.

Great Place to work!

I worked at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

ProsGood co-workers that make work seem like fun.

ConsMany parts of the hospital are without windows and have only artificial light.

The staff working here believe in the Children's Mercy Mission, upper management, the board of directors and CEO do not.

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat coworkers. PTO program is pretty good.

ConsThe CEO of this hospital made 6million dollars in 2011. He is the top paid CEO of any children's hospital. The staff working here do it for less pay than other hospitals in the region because if you want to work with kids, it's the place to be. We are told there is not room in the budget for more FTEs and not room in the budget for a cost of living adjustment. Upper management does not care about the employees. You will just be a number. It wasn't always this way. They will tell you to just be thankful that you have a job and that you can easily be replaced with a new grad. I would like to see what their patient satisfaction surveys would say if they only had inexperienced nurses.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate your beliefs. Remember why you started working here in the first place. Think of what Dr. Alice Berry Graham and Dr. Katharine Berry Richardson would think of Children's Mercy today.

Working experience with Children's mercy

Research Scientist (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics full-time for more than a year

ProsEnvironment, Collaborative work, Supportive team

ConsLow salary, Slow growth, funding for research is low

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salaries and promote career growth oppurtunities

Dissatisfied with my mangement

Lab Tech I (Current Employee)
North Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMy co-workers and the experience I learned here

ConsCertain Management. They don't always listen to the employee. They just assume and go off what they here

Advice to Senior ManagementThings aren't always what they seem, You need to listen to your employees more before you assume things and resort to writing them up for things that aren't their fault!!

Not a best place to work

Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe mission of serving the children of the region.

ConsThe leadership promotes bullies and the focus is no longer on the mission.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have lost your way. The level of care is suboptimal.

Overall a good work environment and caring nurses. They just don"t pay well

I worked at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

ProsGreat staff and awesome food. The hospital has a wonderful feel!

ConsThe pay rate is awful, especially if you are an RN or APRN.

Worked for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics CEO Randall L. O'Donnell. All 34 reviews are posted anonymously by Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics employees.