Chiltern International

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chiltern International CEO Dr Jim Esinhart

Dr Jim Esinhart

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

ProsGreat opportunities to progress; managers listen and take care of each individual; easy access to senior management team

Consat times may feel a little under resourced but active recruitment ongoing

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing, including keeping your door always open

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great people, fun and professional environment, flexible

ProsThe department I work for has a warm and friendly atmosphere and across the business it seems to have the same feel.  You are expected to work hard but in return there is a lot of flexibility around work life balance etc.

I have had the opportunity to work with some excellent, pragmatic, professionals.  Most of whom seem to have the time to offer support and guidance.

It is a pleasant and enjoyable environment to work in.

ConsHigh volume of field based staff means the office atmosphere fluctuates

Good company to work for- friendly atmosphere, company offers great life and work balance

Internal Recruiter (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Pros- friendly people
    - friendly work environment
    - easy approachable management
    - good home based policy
    - flexible working hours
    - career progression
    - good benefits

Consno "cons" at this time

Advice to Senior Management- Keep open-minded
    - Keep approachable

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Really friendly and open approach to working together

Director (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

ProsFlat management structure. I can easily speak to those in charge. Pragmatic approach to problem solving. Easy to talk with other decision makers. Easy to change policy and procedures if you can provide a good arguement. No heavy "corporate culture". Good home-based policy.

ConsNot such good project management forecasting tools as seen at some of the larger CROs.
    Admins are rather thin on the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter willingness to invest in appropriate tools to make our jobs easier.

Nice people, a great company to work for and a good place to develop your career!

Pros- Great people to work with (globally).
    - A company that is moving in the right direction!
    - Opportunities for career development.
    - Supportive management. All very approachable including the Exec team.
    - Interesting work with the right amount of challenge.
    - Friendly working environment and a good place to be.

ConsNothing significant that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep "engaged" with the staff as you have been over the years.

Excellent company to work for.

ProsWelcoming, forward thinking and innovative. A collective of like minded people that have a good work/life balance.

ConsSystems and processes need to be refined.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Great place to work

ProsFlexible working options available
    Friendly environment
    Management are approachable and seen around the building
    Work hard and you will be rewarded, maybe not always financially but by earning trust and the opportunity to take on more responsibility.

ConsLonger working hours than some companies - 40 hour week
    No private healthcare benefit as standard

Really good company to work for.

ProsNice office atmosphere, good facilities.
    Friendly environment and approachable management
    Great opportunities for progression
    Open to flexible working options
    Nice to work in a global company, but to not so large that it feels impersonal
    Flexible and forward thinking
    Good employee benefits

ConsNone. I have been here 5 years and have no plans to move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay approachable and ensure staff continue to feel valued. This is what makes it a great place to work.

Chiltern Not the company it was

ProsIf you are in management you don't have to do much work

ConsNo inter-departmental or global communication.
    Each country office is managed differently.
    No transparency.
    Poor career opportunities if you are not prepared to stay at Chiltern for life.
    The investment company that owns Chiltern is not looking at employees futures, just profit.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more work and inform your employees
    Listen to employees before you make decisions about things you don't work with.
    You title does NOT mean you know what you are doing

My time at Chiltern has been fun and full of learning experiences.

Administrator (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

ProsInternational outlook, great learning opportunities, a friendly environment where you're a name not a number, opportunities to work flexibly, dress down Fridays, fresh fruit provided for all staff daily free of charge. If you show initiative you will be given the opportunity to take on more.

Consbreak out/communal lunch area is quite small

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep approachable and keep up with the all hands meetings

Worked for Chiltern International? Contribute to the Community!