Chubb Corp

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chubb Corp Chairman, President, and CEO John D. Finnegan

John D. Finnegan

Pros
  • The work life balance is very good and the compensation package is quite good(in 23 reviews)

• Good Benefits including health insurance , Decent Bonus(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Few opportunities for advancement unless you are in the "inner circle(in 8 reviews)

• Company promotes work life balance, but doesn't seem to readily give it(in 7 reviews)

I had a very enjoyable and beneficial 3 years at the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe work life balance is very good and the compensation package is quite good.
    The working environment is friendly, with a low staff turnover.

ConsAs the company has focused on its costs base in recent years, the training budget is budget is minimal at best.
    Low staff turnover is one reason I would say career growth is less than in other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on maximising the output of current staff, this can be done without spending money on training.

Family Oriented Company

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Warren, NJ (US)

Pros1. Good Benefits including health insurance , Decent Bonus
    2. Laid back
    3. Attrition rate is low
    4. Work from home and Family oriented
    5. Corporate funded education

Cons1. There are politics in few departments
    2. Management is not well connected with regular workers
    3. Old Technologies and slow career growth

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to interact quite often with regular workers.
    Use latest advancement in Technologies

I Love Chubb!

Claim Svc Ctr Examiner II (Current Employee) Simsbury, CT (US)

ProsGreat work environment, fosters collaboration, challenges you to think critically, and develops a useful subject matter expertise in a truly unique line of business. I feel that I am able to contribute from the minute I walk in the door to when I leave.

ConsStandard to that of any bureaucratic organization, sometimes chain of command issues can be difficult to navigate. Otherwise, nothing of note.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making this a great place to work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for - your results may vary.

Information Technology (Current Employee)

ProsCompensation and work life are more than fair.

ConsStill silo'd and still do a lot of box checking vs. what really adds value. Depending on where you work and for whom you could get a vastly different experience. I've had excellent managers and not so excellent managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate, develop, trust.

Great company to work for. Lots of benefits.

Premium Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood pack of benefits. Great environment. Good accounting team.

ConsManagement need more training in how to deal with people.

best time of my life, great company, great people and great place to work.

Underwriter Associate (Current Employee) Whitehouse, NJ (US)

Proscompany policies and good coverage

Consnone at all, there is nothing wrong. This was a great place to work.

Advice to Senior Managementpersonal growth possible

Business System analyst

BSA (Current Employee) Warren, NJ (US)

ProsBest work environment. Lot of freedom, to learn ,ask and understand your job.

ConsTime bound, Budget constraints, too many outside consultants

Not bad if you want want a steady gig

Underwriter (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsIf you a newbie in the insurance game it is a great place to start your career. Training opportunities are abundant and the folks are okay

ConsRelationships rule. People won't get promotions unless someone at corporate likes you, no matter how well you perform. Once you get between 5 years there it becomes like the gov't people don't leave and you have to relocate or you'll stay where you are forever. You won't have any opportunities and you won't get to meet the right folks to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe real with staff. Don't give bonus or AVP titles to people you "like." Do it on REAL Merit.

Great company who takes care of high performers

Senior Underwriter (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

Pros-Flexible Work Scheduling (work from home, part-time employment, etc)
    -Great people and good culture
    -Managers that do care and help foster success
    -No micromanaging from what I've seen

Cons-Pay not as high as other carriers
    -Work/Life balance not what it should be, Chubb does truly get all that they can from their employees

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider reducing stock buybacks and invest in technology and expanding workforce so employees can provide better service to customers

Learned a lot

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood culture, benefits, etc. Company really knows how to underwrite and it shows in their results. Premier insurance carrier which I was proud to work at. Felt challenged on a regular basis.

ConsPay is very average to below average. Few opportunities for advancement unless you are in the "inner circle.". Long term employess seem to have a sense of entitlement. Almost felt like i was underwriting in a box, no big picture concept.

Worked for Chubb Corp? Contribute to the Community!