Cigna

Cigna Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Cigna President and CEO David Cordani

David Cordani

Pros
  • Good training for employees work life balance is embraced by management (in 54 reviews)

• You can work from home if you choose to and it works to your advantage (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is touted as important but not always a true priority (in 17 reviews)

• terrible health benefits everything related to metrics plus a lot of cronyism (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Good all round company

Prosexellent management and training scheme

Conslimited in progression, can be repetitive.

Rather Boring and poor training

Benefit Analyst (Former Employee) Glasgow, Scotland

ProsStaff worked with were fun, good away days. Overtime available, (however due to staff shortage) flexible working hours

ConsPoor management, poor training, face fits then OK. us and them attitude from management. forced to work overtime to deal with workloads due to staff shortages due to high turnover of staff

Advice to Senior ManagementHire proper middle management who have experience for job.

Acceptable

ProsConstant interaction with other countries (US, Belgium, China). Global projects.

ConsThere is no career at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest some money in the technologies that your teams need to work.

Employees should be able to anonymously review their managers. This allows managers to get useful feedback and the result of these reviews should be taken into account for the annual review of these managers (e.g.: a manager with bad reviews from his employees should not get a good salary rise).

Company policies and benefit package are quite disappointing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

overall ok

Customer Service (Former Employee) Glasgow, Scotland

Proscolleagues are great making the job more bearable

Consstressful job and benefit doesn't match the workload

"The salary you enter will almost not change"

Claims Manager (Current Employee) Glasgow, Scotland

ProsFlexibility, growth and geographic opportunities. Multicultural and international experience. Ongoing training opportunities.

ConsPoor internal communication. Business strategy made upon management decisions without any previous consideration of further consequences a part of pure monetary outcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove internal communication and care of employees. Recognition of internal talents.

Variety and Opportunity

ProsGreat mission statement, it feels good working for a company that treats it's customer right. The pay and benefits are average, but adequate. The company is really becoming a global operation, versus just US based, and it's an exciting time to be here.

ConsThe company truly believes in work life balance, but with fiscal tightening, productivity has to come from somewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementA happy workforce means happy customers

good

Prosleadership programs work from home

Conslimited potential to grow lack of office culture

Rewarding.

Senior Client Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsCustomer focused, true professionals, great compensation.

ConsExhausting. No personal life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Long term fine experience

Applications Development Senior Specialist (Former Employee) Windsor, CT (US)

ProsEnjoyed the many assignments I had. training was above average. Multiple opportunities available for advancement or even just for lateral moves for change.

ConsLarge bureaucracy. Often change is slow moving. Sense of ownership seems to be lacking.

Great opportunity and people!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChallenging and exciting work. Great co workers.

ConsNo cons as I enjoyed the experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!