CipherCloud

Updated 22 February 2015
Updated 22 February 2015
3.4

Pravin Kothari

Amazing CEO, competent management, ton of learning opportunities

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been here for a while and honestly i don't quite understand where some of the criticism is coming from. The management team is actually pretty competent, nice to employees, challenges the team to be the best they can be and overall knows what needs to get done in the cloud security space. There's a lot of competition out there and its and the winning mindset is actually healthy for a company that's been growing at the pace that the company has been growing at.

Company culture is really good too. We have our Friday forum lunches where someone is always there to talk about something interesting. Folks are always polite and willing to help.

The CEO too is incredibly well rounded, has nuanced understanding of the technology, understands sales and marketing more then some of the best i've seen in the space. Above all, he is very nice to people and almost never rubs people the wrong way. He puts in more hours at work than most everyone at work and he does it becomes he is passionate about building something great. He is hands down the best CEO i've worked for.

Cons

Company has created some really good products but we can do better to delight the customers. We are seeing some growing pains of taking the company to the next level. With the introductions of new HR, the processes are getting streamlined and the people management can only get better.

Do fewer things but do them well.

Great working for a leader in the space.

I have been working at CipherCloud

Pros

- Very thoughtful and adaptive leadership.
    - Freedom to innovate and create new solutions.
    - I have seen the leadership team stand by their integrity/ethics even in the face adversity.

Cons

- Change of course is not everyone, so if you are sensitive to this it can be overwhelming.

Great company in a great space

I have been working at CipherCloud

Pros

Supportive Management, Great colleagues, Friday Food

Cons

Company does not match 401K contributions.

Keep up the great work.

I recommend CipherCloud to my friends

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at CipherCloud (more than a year)

Pros

- Great product and leader in the cloud security market
    - Established leadership among CEO and key members of the executive team
    - Motivated team members, crushing the competition
    - Breakroom snacks and Friday forums
    - New logo shirts, fleeces for my wardrobe every month

Cons

- Everyone under one roof – two separate offices hard to build a company identity
    - Company is growing so fast, no processes in place - more chaotic then it needs to be
    - No 401k match, limited holidays

Thank for you for the Internship!

Current Employee - Intern in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Intern in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at CipherCloud part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I really like my team, and the projects I got. My manager a great guy was patient and let me work through the projects at my own pace as well as gave me tips to improve upon and how to manage his boss. Each time I moved on, I was given a set of projects to choose from. The project terms were short, from couple hours to couple weeks, which I appreciated. I enjoyed the team environment!

Cons

I had some issues with paychecks and lack of flexibility on hours and investment in software tools when I first joined. But, they overcame this. Alot of wasted food. I would regularly take left overs home for snacks and to feed to my dog

My internship experience was really good. I think CipherCloud should invest more here with an official program.

On the cusp of something very special...!

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very relevant market, experiencing super high visibility and the BEST technology to address and solve customer's challenges.
    More customers than all other vendors in space combined
    Market leading solutions supporting multi-cloud offerings
    DEFACTO go to vendor to address sensitive data in the cloud

Cons

Not really a con, but growing so fast that tough to keep pace with our new stuff!

Truly enjoy working for CipherCloud

Current Employee - Account Director in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Director in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at CipherCloud

Pros

Sense of community and team work. Very horizontal structure where you can openly share ideas and thoughts to help company grow. Great CEO, great values, and tremendous growth. Investing in right places.

Cons

HQ in San Jose makes it harder to hire young talent in SF

If Top 10 worst company lists were kept, CipherCloud would be #1 on them all

Former Employee - Software Engineer QA in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer QA in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at CipherCloud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Many coworkers are great.

You get 10 days of vacation, which is a pro because it's a ceiling on how many days you can be harassed by managers for using.

I left.

Cons

The one star reviews are accurate. Lies begin during the interview process. Since they're constantly scrambling to replace employees who quit, they tell you anything to get you to accept below market offer. Upon joining you quickly realize lies were just that, and the cycle continues as employees resign creating urgency to restaff roles. On the bright side you will have plenty of people to commiserate with in the office.

The culture of the company is private mens club. If you are one of the handful of member, life is great. Unfortunately most employees aren't.

The revolving door and incredibly high turnover is probably why they've hired HR, but make no mistake about it HR exists to protect the company. if you have a problem you may as well tell the CEO directly.

The product is perhaps the worst I have ever seen. Bugs are hard to fix because it usually turns out documentation was wrong, QA was incomplete, and coding by offshore engineers lazy and full of typos.

If you wish to salvage this company, bring in a new CEO and empower them to build their own team and reshape the company. Stop operating at HQ like it Hyderabad.

Company in Denial

Former Employee - Product in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Product in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at CipherCloud (less than a year)

Pros

I suppose the free snacks they offer.

Cons

Please don't believe the positive reviews that have posted on this company in the last 12 months. If you are a smart enough professional you will be able to tell that they are planted reviews. You will note that many of the other reviewers have pointed this out. This is HR /Marketing trying to manipulate the system. Very obvious they are trying to boost the "star" ranking on Glassdoor which really should be NO stars for Ciphercloud.

I started with the company and basically was told a bunch of lies. Product Quality isn't existent. You will ruin your reputation if you are in sales - in my honest opinion. If you like to lie to customers then this is the place for you!

If you should choose to punish yourself and interview with this company then ask them to talk to a happy satisfied large scale enterprise customer for every product that they promote on their website. You will soon find out the facts. You will be told a bunch of fluff to get you to drink the kool-aid and convince you that they are a great company. I was fooled and quickly realized I needed out - so I left.

Key to note....their "Partner" isn't CipherCloud friendly but you will told otherwise when you interview. Any spin to put a positive impression on the company.

The Executive Mgmt. is a joke and I mean joke. A toddler could run CipherCloud better then what they currently have. They have an Executive who has been accused of unprofessional conduct and has had major legal issues in the past. Do a check on your own or better yet just ask a former employee.

Overhaul of all Executive Staff needed - bring in someone who knows how to grow a company and oh by the way.....it is ok to spend the investors $$$ --- Leadership isn't existent and you have a CEO who doesn't like to be in front of customers. This company has no values.