CipherCloud

www.ciphercloud.com

CipherCloud Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Pravin Kothari

Great place to make a mark!

Senior Software Architect (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

Pros- You get to work on various cool technologies
    - Great internal mobility
    - Excellent work location and awesome office

Cons- Since bar of hiring people is higher, sometimes work-life balance gets a hit

Advice to Senior Management-Better internal communication

Great Technology, Good Culture and lot of opportunities

Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsGreat technology ... you get lot of opportunities to learn and implement the things which you didn't learnt the technology implementations in the past experience.

ConsProcess needs to be improved as it is a start up company. Any product should go 5 years of product life cycle to become a very good product in the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust to concentrate on the stabilization of the product ...that's where all the improvements comes with money from the customers.

More of like this company is like a school

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Pros--innovative product (Ciphercloud gateway).
    --Good compensation.

Cons--Entire company depends on sales force application,many of the products going to be deprecated because of bad planning.
    --Have to work for 10-12 hours daily.
    --No work and life balance.its more of like school.they need work updates every hour.
    --positive reviews will come only from HR team.
    --forcibly asking employees to remove profile from job portals
    --No own finance team
    --yearly 15 leaves/including sick leaves
    --Many Good employees are leaving the comp due to bad policies.

Advice to Senior Management--Dont play with Employees career,health.please think about there career growth and health.
    --Dont force them to work on week ends for freely.
    --Give employees to freedom to do there work .
    --Dont write good reviews by your own on glassdoor.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture; fun and smart co-workers; exciting career growth

Lead Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsI have been working at Ciphercloud since 8 months and it is a great place to work! The people who work here are wonderful: intelligent, ambitious, motivated. The management team welcomes constructive feedback on business processes from every level of the organization.Many opportunities to be promoted within and recognized for your hard work and achievements. Ciphercloud is fast paced and growing company which great to start off to your career! Management is there for you every step of the way in coaching and helping you with anything you need. Talking/managing clients everyday is the best part of the job. There is a lot of freedom, flexible and ways to show improvement and your skills..

ConsWorkload could be overwhelming some times but manageable, apart from that there is nothing much to say on Cons..

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no advice to senior management

For time being its good. Not for long term

Senior Software Engineer QA (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsYou will get a chance to learn new cloud applications

Cons1. No proper management
    2. Lot of discrimination
    3. Favoritism
    4. No fair appraisals
    5. Work on Weekends without pay
    6. No cab facility
    7. Worst finance department

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on above Cons!!

Good technology company

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsGreat technology and can learn a lot. Can work with some good architects and engineers. Many interesting projects and can work on new development of features not only maintenance.

ConsImmature and unprofessional gm and management and lots of politics. too much instructions and micro management from team lead, manager and gm. project planning is bad and one person has to do 5 people work.

Advice to Senior Managementneed more better planning ,
    management need to talk with respect to engineers, give and take respect.
    give more opportunities to engineers to discuss and plan the design before writing code.

CipherCloud is exactly the kind of company I enjoy working for

Senior Software Architect (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsPeople are very bright, helpful and supportive. Company does a lot of things that show that it really cares about people. Complete flexibility of schedule and a lot of autonomy. Everything moves at a very fast pace with a focus on accomplishment rather than politics.
    The atmosphere is very positive in part due to the success the company is having with very rapid growth. CipherCloud had to move 3 times in a year due to employee expansion at HQ and last quarters are very nice with lots of natural light and great views from the 11th floor.
    Being at the intersection of two major technology trends (cloud computing and security) means that there is a lot of opportunity for the company.
    Benefits are good. Like most startups there are free snacks, drinks and frozen lunches.

ConsThings move quickly which means many changes of direction and limited processes. If you like to make sure that everything is going to go the way you plan, this isn't the right environment for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

HR Team tampering with Glassdoor reviews

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsThey give you salary. That's the only plus point/

ConsEverything. HR team writes reviews every time the glassdoor reviews goes down. Managers are clueless about what they want and there are many projects that got scratched down because of that.

They have no concept of work-life balance. They monitor your naukri activities. Leaving at 7 PM is considered as leaving early. I have to work in odd hours for many days continuously. Management doesn't care about the health of the employees. Appraisal rating is based on the number of hours you work in the office. Join at your own risk. Sigh.. I am still in office.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe ethical and learn how to be professional.

100% Desi company to work (need to work 10 to 14 hrs a day)

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Pros-Product and technology is excellent

ConsMutiple reporting hierarchy - provide the same status to the following people.
    -QA Director at US
    -Sr QA Manager at hyd
    -Director
    -VP of the comp
    -Product Owner
    -Product Manager
    -Dev Lead
    No work life balance
    Forget week-ends, family occasions, parent teacher meetings.
    encourages politics
    No HR policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect employees and Stop shouting

Great QA Team, many exciting opportunities

Senior Software Engineer QA (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsSr Director came from US office and it was a great week. We had lots of meetings to discuss all the QA activities, automation work, releases. We also had time to talk about all the things we can do better and also improve some difficult situations. We have full support from management and it is good. All the people in my team are very helpful. There is lot of new technology to learn and many opportunities.

ConsIt is very busy always and I have to manage my home, family and work, sometimes also have to work on saturdays.

Worked for CipherCloud? Contribute to the Community!